Odacet 10mg Tablet
By MAPRA LABORATORIES PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Odacet 10mg Tab contains Cetirizine Hydrochloride, which is an anti-allergic medication.
Uses of Odacet 10mg Tab
- Allergies such as dust or pet allergies
- Itchy, runny and blocked nose
- Red and watery eyes
- Swelling, redness and itchiness of the skin
- Insect bite and hives
Contraindications of Odacet 10mg Tab
- If you are allergic to Cetirizine, Hydroxyzine or any Piperazine derivatives
- If you have severe kidney disease
Side effects of Odacet 10mg Tab
- Sleepiness, drowsiness
- Swelling and irritation inside the nose (rhinitis)
- Dry mouth
- Sore throat
Precautions and Warnings of Odacet 10mg Tab
Can I take Odacet 10mg Tab during pregnancy?
- Cetirizine should be avoided by pregnant women
- There are no adequate and well-controlled studies regarding the safety of this medicine in pregnant women
- Hence it is better to avoid it in pregnancy unless specified by your physician
- Consult your doctor for further advice
Can I take Odacet 10mg Tab while breastfeeding?
Odacet 10mg Tab passes into breast milk; therefore, it is advised not to take this medicine while breastfeeding unless your doctor has suggested you to do so.
Can I drive if I have consumed Odacet 10mg Tab?
This medicine is known to cause sleepiness, hence driving or operating machines should be avoided while you are taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Odacet 10mg Tab?
It is advised to avoid alcohol consumption along with this medicine as it may worsen the side effects like drowsiness or dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney problem
- You have bladder problems; this medicine can increase the risk of urinary retention
- You are suffering from fits (epilepsy)
Mode of Action of Odacet 10mg Tab
How Does It Work?
- Histamine is a substance produced in our body in case of allergies leading to itching, runny nose, sneezing and watery eyes
- Odacet 10mg Tab works by blocking this Histamine and hence decreases allergy symptoms
Directions for Use of Odacet 10mg Tab
Swallow the whole tablet with a glass of water.
Interactions of Odacet 10mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat anxiety
- Medicines used to induce sleep
- Medicines used to treat depression
- Medicines used to relax muscles (muscle relaxants)
- Medicines used to relieve pain (prescription analgesics/ painkillers)
Interactions with food items
The administration of this medicine with food does not affect the way this medicine works. Cetirizine may be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Odacet 10mg Tab
This medicine does not require any specific storage conditions. Try to keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Odacet 10mg Tab
- Overdose may cause tiredness, headache, confusion, dizziness, discomfort, skin irritation, restlessness, drowsiness, rapid heartbeat, tremor, urinary retention
- If you experience any of the side effects, contact your doctor immediately
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precaution I need to take while on medication of Odacet 10mg Tab?
- Yes, this medicine is known to cause sleepiness or drowsiness, hence never drive or do any activity like operating machinery after taking this medicine
- If you develop any rash, breathing difficulty or itching immediately after taking this medicine, it could be a severe side effect, immediately seek medical help
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved