Nutam Forte Tablets
Nutam Forte Tablets Description
Nutam Forte Tablet is a combination medicine used to treat acute stroke. It has citicoline and piracetam as its active components. Nutam Forte protects the brain cells from damage and helps to repair
them. It also increases blood flow and oxygen consumption in parts of the brain. The medicine is meant to be taken orally with a sufficient amount of water.
Uses of Nutam Forte Tablets
Contraindications of Nutam Forte Tablets
- If you are allergic to citicoline, piracetam, or any of the components of Nutam Forte Tablet.
- If you are suffering from any kind of medical condition, especially a kidney disorder.
- If you have a history of a brain haemorrhage.
- If you are suffering from Huntington's Chorea ( a neuron degenerative disease).
Side effects of Nutam Forte Tablets
- Uncontrolled movements
- Increase in weight
Precautions and Warnings of Nutam Forte Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have an underlying medical condition such as stomach or intestinal ulcers, any kind of blood disorder, etc.
- You have a kidney disorder.
- You have a planned surgery or operation including dental surgery.
- You are on certain medications like anticoagulants including the low dose of aspirin.
- You are elderly and taking this medicine for a prolonged duration.
Mode of Action of Nutam Forte Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Nutam Forte Tablet has citicoline and piracetam as its active components.
- Citicoline protects brain cells from damage and helps to repair and nourish them, thereby increasing neuron excitability. Piracetam acts by improving the oxygen and blood flow to the brain.
- The combined action of these two active ingredients promotes healing, decreases brain damage, ensures speedy recovery in patients who have undergone stroke, and improves overall health.
Directions for Use of Nutam Forte Tablets
- Take the medicine orally with a sufficient amount of water.
- Always take the medicine as recommended by your doctor.
- Do not chew, crush, or break the tablet.
- Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
Interactions of Nutam Forte Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Nutam Forte Tablet may affect the way other medicines work, and other medicines may affect how Nutam Forte Tablet work.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Particular care should be taken if you are taking medicines for treating thyroid disorders, anticoagulants like warfarin, low doses of aspirin, meclofenoxate, and anti-Parkinson's medicine like levodopa....
Storage and disposal of Nutam Forte Tablets
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not store above 25°C.