Nustat 5mg Bottle Of 25 Tablets
Nustat 5 MG Description
Nustat Tablet is a medicine used to lower blood cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart diseases. It contains atorvastatin as its active ingredient, also known as statins. This medicine is used as a
adjuvant to diet in patients with high cholesterol and abnormal levels of cholesterol. This medicine decreases the synthesis of cholesterol in the body. You should take this medicine as advised by your doctor in the prescribed doses, at a fixed time to gain optimum benefits. You should avoid consuming high fat, fried or junk meals and also maintain a healthy and active lifestyle to gain optimum benefit along with Nustat Tablet.
- Tonact 5mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Lupin15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 114.85₹ 97.62₹ 6.51/Tablet
- Zivast 5mg TabletBy Fdc Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 31.75₹ 26.99₹ 2.7/Tablet
- Atorlip 5mg TabletBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 68.80₹ 58.48₹ 5.85/Tablet
- Atocor 5mg TabletBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 68.25₹ 58.01₹ 5.8/Tablet
- Xtor 5mg TabletBy Ipca Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 73.45₹ 62.43₹ 6.24/Tablet
- Atorfit 5mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Ajanta Pharma Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 44.87₹ 38.14₹ 2.54/Tablet
- Atormac 5mg TabletBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 62.70₹ 53.29₹ 5.33/Tablet
- Lipicure 5mg TabletBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 60.50₹ 51.42₹ 5.14/Tablet
- Liponorm 5mg Tablets 15'sBy Blue Cross Laboratories Private Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 38.50₹ 32.72₹ 2.18/Tablet
- Avas 5mg Tablets 30'sBy Micro Labs30 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 184.00₹ 156.40₹ 5.21/Tablet
Uses of Nustat 5 MG
- Used to lower cholesterol levels.
- Used to reduce the risk of heart disease.
Contraindications of Nustat 5 MG
- If you are allergic to atorvastatin or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have liver disease and your liver tests are abnormal.
- If you are being treated with medicines for hepatitis C like glecaprevir or pibrentasvir.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Nustat 5 MG
- Muscle pain
- Joint pains
Precautions and Warnings of Nustat 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any underlying medical condition like diabetes, liver or kidney disease, thyroid problems, respiratory problems, muscle-related problems.
- You have a history of stroke with bleeding inside the brain.
- You have repeated muscle pains or a history of muscle-related problems
- You have recently or in the last 7 days, taken medicine for bacterial infection like fusidic acid, as this may cause serious muscle injury
- You are an alcoholic.
- You are elderly, above 70 years of age.
- You are already taking any other medicines for health conditions.
Mode of Action of Nustat 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Nustat 5 MG
- It should be taken as directed by your doctor in the duration and doses it is prescribed
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water with or without food.
- Take the medicine at the same time every day.
Interactions of Nustat 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Nustat Tablet works or Nustat Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking other cholesterol-lowering medicines, anticoagulants like warfarin, blood pressure-lowering medicines, painkillers like phenazone, anti-infectives, anti-HIV medicines like ritonavir, medicines used to treat hepatitis C like telaprevir, antacids etc....
Interactions with food items
- You should avoid consuming grapefruit juice during the treatment, as it can alter the effect of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Nustat 5 MG
- Store this medicine below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
- Discard any unused medicine properly.
Dosage of Nustat 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Nustat Tablet cause acidity?
Q: What dietary restrictions should I follow while taking Nustat Tablet?
Q: Can I stop taking Nustat Tablet on my own?
Q: Is Nustat Tablet good for cholesterol?
Q: What if my daily schedule interferes with taking my medicine?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 17 September 2021]
- Atorvastatin 10 mg Film Coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 17 September 2021]
- Atorvastatin 10 mg Film Coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 17 September 2021]