Novapime 250mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
Novapime 250 MG Description
Novapime Powder For Injection is an antibiotic medicine. It is used to treat severe infections caused by bacteria such as skin infections, lower respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infections
, bronchitis and stomach infection. It contains cefepime, which belongs to a group of medicines called antibiotics. This medicine will be given to you in a hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse as an injection.
Uses of Novapime 250 MG
Contraindications of Novapime 250 MG
- If you are allergic to cefepime or any of the ingredients of Novapime Powder For Injection
- If you have a history of allergy to any other antibiotics
Side effects of Novapime 250 MG
- Injections site reactions such as pain, redness
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Novapime 250 MG
Other General Warnings
- You suffer from kidney disease.
- If you experience continuous diarrhoea, immediately contact your doctor.
- If you develop any allergic reactions, contact the doctor immediately.
- You have a history of allergy to cephalosporins, penicillins or any other medicines.
- Let the doctor/laboratory person know that you are using this medicine while going for a lab test.
Mode of Action of Novapime 250 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Novapime 250 MG
- Novapime Powder For Injection will be given to you in the hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject this medicine.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Novapime 250 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Novapime Powder For Injection works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking blood thinners, water pills or other antibiotic medicines.
Storage and disposal of Novapime 250 MG
- Store Novapime Powder For Injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Novapime 250 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Novapime Powder For Injection?
Q: Can I take Novapime Powder For Injection on my own?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 4 June 2022]
- Renapime 1g Powder for solution for injection/infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 4 June 2022]
- Renapime 1g Powder for solution for injection/infusion - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 4 June 2022]