By GODDRES PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Normpro Tablet Description
Normpro Tablet is used in men for the treatment of benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH), a condition of the enlarged prostate gland in men. It is a combination of two medicines- tamsulosin and dutasteri
de. Normpro Tablet helps in easing the symptoms of BPH like difficulty in passing urine, frequent urination, increased frequency of urination at night or inability to empty bladder. This medicine is not meant to be used for the treatment of prostate cancer.
|You Save||₹31.65 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Dutasteride(0.5 Mg) + Tamsulosin(0.4 Mg)|
|Uses||Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia|
|Side effects||Low sexual drive, ejaculation problem, impotence, breast enlargement|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR BENIGN PROSTATIC HYPERPLASIA|
Check more medicines with composition as Dutasteride(0.5 Mg) + Tamsulosin(0.4 Mg)
Uses of Normpro Tablet
For the treatment of Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH)
Contraindications of Normpro Tablet
- If you are allergic to tamsulosin, dutasteride or any of the ingredient of Normpro Tablet.
- If you have a liver disorder or liver function problem.
- If you experience giddiness or fall when you gradually get up from sitting position.
- Normpro Tablet should not be used in women, children and adolescents
Side effects of Normpro Tablet
- Low sexual drive
- Ejaculation problem
- Breast enlargement
- Tenderness in breast
Precautions and Warnings of Normpro Tablet
Can I take Normpro Tablet during pregnancy?
- This medicine is not meant for women. It is advised that a couple should not plan for a baby if the male partner is being treated with this medicine.
- Pregnant women should not come in contact with a person who is being treated with this medicine or to this medicine by any means as it may affect the male fetus if it gets absorbed by the skin.
Can I take Normpro Tablet while breastfeeding?
This medicine is meant to be used in men. A breastfeeding woman should not come in contact with this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Normpro Tablet?
You may feel dizzy after taking this medicine. So, be cautious while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Normpro Tablet?
This medicine makes you feel dizzy and consuming alcohol may worsen the side effects. Alcohol increases the blood pressure-lowering effect. Thus, it is advised not to drink alcohol when you are taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of heart disease, chest pain and breathlessness
- You feel giddiness, fainting or fall when you gradually get up
- You have a history of liver or kidney problem
- You have planned a cataract surgery, you may be asked to stop taking this medicine 2 weeks before the surgery
- You may experience breast enlargement, tenderness or nipple discharge, immediately inform your doctor
- You come in contact with any part of this medicine, wash the area of contact immediately with water and soap
- This medicine may affect semen quality and sperm count. This medicine can also affect fertility in men
- You must use a physical contraceptive barrier like condom and make sure your partner doesn't conceive when you are on this medicine
Mode of Action of Normpro Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Tamsulosin helps in relaxing the prostate and bladder muscles whereas Dutasteride interferes with the formation of the hormone responsible for enlarged prostate gland
- This combination has complementary mechanisms of action which improves the symptoms like the urinary flow and urinary retention related discomfort and also the need for surgery to remove the enlarged prostate gland...
Directions for Use of Normpro Tablet
- Normpro Tablet should be taken as instructed by your doctor.
- It should be swallowed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water after the meal.
Interactions of Normpro Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Normpro Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines for blood pressure, antifungal medicines and medicines for HIV infection
Interactions with food items
Soya & Peanut
Storage and disposal of Normpro Tablet
- Store below 30°C in the original container. Keep it out of reach of children.
- This medicine is absorbed through the skin if anyone comes in contact with this medicine by mistake, the contact area should be washed immediately with soap and water.
Dosage of Normpro Tablet
Symptoms of overdose include dizziness, fainting and low blood pressure. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Normpro Tablet safe in elderly patients?
A: Yes, it can be used in older men. Please discuss with your doctor about any underlying disease condition, any medication you are taking or any known allergy to components of Normpro Tablet.
Q: How long can Normpro Tablet be taken?
A: You should take this medicine for the duration prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own even if symptoms of the disease subsides.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed