Nizonide 500mg Tablet
Nizonide 500 MG Description
Nizonide 500 tablet contains nitazoxanide as the active ingredient. It is an anti-worm medicine, which is used for the treatment of diarrhoea in patients suffering from an infection due to G lamblia
or C parvum worms. This medicine is not effective when used for the same infections in HIV infected patients or people with weak immunity. Nizonide 500 acts by inhibiting the growth of this infection-causing organism, thus preventing the further spread of infection. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor for the prescribed duration. Complete the course of this medicine, even if you start feeling better after starting the treatment with the Nizonide 500.
|You Save||₹16.26 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Dizziness, nausea, abdominal discomfort|
Uses of Nizonide 500 MG
Contraindications of Nizonide 500 MG
Side effects of Nizonide 500 MG
- Abdominal discomfort
- Skin rash
- Difficulty in breathing
Precautions and Warnings of Nizonide 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You suffer from HIV infection.
- Your immunity is weak due to immunosuppressant medicines or any medical condition.
- You experience rashes or allergic reactions after taking this medicine.
- Nizonide 500 tablets should not be used in children below 12 years of age.
Mode of Action of Nizonide 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Nizonide 500 MG
Interactions of Nizonide 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Nizonide 500 tablet works or the Nizonide 500 itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking blood thinners like warfarin, heart medicine like digoxin, fits medicine like phenytoin, etc.
Storage and disposal of Nizonide 500 MG
- Store at 25 degrees C in a dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Nizonide 500 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I give Nizonide 500 tablet to my 2 years old child for diarrhoea?
Q: What else can I give with Nizonide 500 tablet to treat diarrhoea?
Q: When should I take Nizonide 500 tablet?
Q: Is Nizonide an antibiotic?
Q: Can I take Nizonide 500 in covid?
Q: What are the side effects of Nizonide 500?
- Alinia® Tablet [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 19 March 2022]
- Alinia (Nitazoxanide) 500mg Tablets | Dosage, Side Effects & More [Internet]. Alinia(R) for Oral Suspension. 2021 [cited 19 March 2022]
- ALINIA® (nitazoxanide) tablets [Internet]. Alinia.com. 2021 [cited 19 March 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 19 March 2022]