Nimulid Md Tab
By PANACEA BIOTEC LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Nimulid Md Tab is beneficial for relieving symptoms of pain associated with joint disorders caused due to inflammatory reaction in the body (osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis) and post-surgery. It contains nimesulide as its active ingredient. It is generally advised to be used for a short duration when the primary drugs used to treat the conditions are not efficient enough. It is known to have liver-damaging effects when used for a long duration. It is not advised in children below 12 years of age. Always consult your doctor before using the medicine.
Uses of Nimulid Md Tab
- To treat painful joint disorders caused due to inflammatory reactions Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid arthritis.
- To provide relief from the pain of minor strain and sprain.
- To recover from pain after surgery or fever.
- To treat pain during mensuration in adolescent girls.
Contraindications of Nimulid Md Tab
If you are allergic to nimesulide or any other ingredients in this tablet. If you have a history of or are suffering from liver disease. If you have a history of or are suffering from severe kidney disease. If you have severe pumping disorders of the heart (a condition wherein the heart fails to pump the blood in required quantities to the body: chronic heart failure). If you have a history or are suffering from blood clotting disorder (the blood fails to clot, abnormal bleeding). If you have ulcers in your stomach or the first part of your small intestine (duodenum), history of bleeding the digestive tract and the stomach, history of recurrent ulcers in the stomach.
Side effects of Nimulid Md Tab
- Nausea and vomiting
- stomach pain/discomfort
- Rashes on skin
- Feeling nervous
- Increased level of enzymes in the liver
- There are some rare yet serious side effects like allergic reactions, fast heartbeats, breathlessness, blood pressure fluctuation, increased sweating, swelling on the body, internal bleeding in the stomach, etc. It is advised that you consult your doctor or nearest hospital immediately.read less
Precautions and Warnings of Nimulid Md Tab
Can I take Nimulid Md Tab during pregnancy?
Nimulid Md Tab is not recommended during pregnancy unless it is suggested by the doctor, as it may have undesirable effects like kidney failure in the developing baby.
Can I take Nimulid Md Tab while breastfeeding?
Nimulid Md Tab is not recommended during the breastfeeding phase, as the drug may pass through the breast milk to the newborn leading to undesirable effects.
Can I drive if I have consumed Nimulid Md Tab?
It is not recommended to drive after taking Nimulid Md Tab, as it may cause dizziness and weakness as a result of a reduction in blood pressure which may hamper your ability to drive or operate complex machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Nimulid Md Tab?
No, it is not recommended to consume alcohol when taking Nimulid Md Tab, as this medicine lowers your blood pressure due to which you may feel light-headedness, dizziness, headache and consuming alcohol may increase these effects. Alcohol on other hand is also known to have tranquillizing effects and may lower blood pressure even more. Also, long term use of Nimulid Md Tab and alcohol is known to be harmful to the liver.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are pregnant or planning for a pregnancy, as nimesulide can lead to fertility issues and thus is not recommended.
- You are breastfeeding/lactating.
- You are planning for any surgery.
- You are allergic to nimesulide or any other inactive ingredients of this tablet.
- You experience decreased hunger, nausea, vomiting, headache, stomach pain, tiredness and dark urine, which are signs of liver damage due to this medicine.
- You are suffering from the digestive system or sores in the upper portion of the small intestine (peptic ulcer), disorders like ulceration or bleeding in the stomach which is a side-effect of the medicine. This medicine is known to worsen the condition of individual's with ulcers and various digestive tract related diseases.read less
- You have severe heart or kidney problems, as this medicine can aggravate kidney issues.
- You have experienced abnormal bleeding issues, as nimesulide can interfere with the function of platelets.
- You have a fever, as nimesulide may hide the symptoms of fever due to bacterial infections.
- This medicine is to be administered to elderly patients with caution, as it is known to cause severe liver, kidney and heart-related disorders; increased internal bleeding in the stomach.
Mode of Action of Nimulid Md Tab
How Does It Work?
Nimulid Md Tab belongs to the class of medicines known as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID's). This medicine is predominantly used to relieve pain caused due to inflammatory reactions. The active ingredient Nimesulide works by blocking a pathway that produces a chemical substance known as prostaglandin which is of key importance in the inflammatory pathway causing the typical symptoms of pain and swelling.
Directions for Use of Nimulid Md Tab
- This medicine is to be taken as advised by your doctor.
- Swallow this tablet as a whole with a glass of water.
- It is recommended to take this medicine at a fixed time every day for the best results.
Interactions of Nimulid Md Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- It is not advised to administer Nimulid Md Tab in individuals who are on blood thinners (warfarin) and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents like acetylsalicylic acid as it may increase the risk of abnormal bleeding.read less
- Concomitant use of Nimulid Md Tab with water pills (furosemide) is not advised as nimesulide interferes with the action of furosemide on sodium-potassium concentrations delaying its excretion from the kidney.read less
- Nimesulide interacts with the medicine methotrexate (an anticancer and immunosuppressant medicine) increasing its toxic effect.
- This medicine inhibits the enzyme CYP2C9, which is essential in the metabolism of various medicines of class pain killers, oral diabetic medications, blood thinners.
- Nimesulide when given with cyclosporine (ciclosporins: a class of medicine used to reduce pain, stiffness and swelling in rheumatoid arthritis) may increase the risk of poisonous/harmful effect on the kidney.read less
Storage and disposal of Nimulid Md Tab
Store it at [room temperature10-30°C] in a cool and dry place away from heat and moisture. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not use this tablet if its expiry date has passed.
Dosage of Nimulid Md Tab
- This medicine should be taken as advised by your doctor.
- An overdose of this tablet may have unwanted effects like tiredness, drowsiness, nausea, vomiting and stomach ache with heartburn, bloating and gas. Severe overdose may lead to internal bleeding in the stomach and digestive tract, raised blood pressure, sudden kidney failure, breathing disorder characterised by slow and inadequate breathing.read less
- If you have taken too much of Nimulid Md Tab then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine then take it as soon as you remember. If it is already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow your regular dosing schedule. Make sure there is a sufficient gap between the two doses.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Nimulid Md Tab be taken for stomach ache?
A: Nimulid Md Tab is not recommended for stomach ache, it is anti-inflammatory and relieves pain in joint disorders and the post-surgery phase. Please consult your doctor before using this medicine, avoid self-medication.
Q: I have liver cirrhosis for the past 5 years, Can I take Nimulid Md Tab?
A: Nimulid Md Tab is known to cause liver damage on long term use. Thus consult your doctor before use of the medicine. Avoid self-medication.
Q: Does Nimulid Md Tab cause weight gain?
A: Nimulid Md Tab generally does not cause weight gain, but effects may differ as every individual is different physically and medically. Thus, it is advised to consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Q: Can I give Nimulid Md Tab to my 5-year-old child for a toothache?
A: Nimulid Md Tab is not recommended in children below 12 years of age. Please consult your child's paediatrician for accurate advice.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 11 Mar 2021 | 07:31 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved