Nifugal B Oint 15gm
Nifugal B Oint 15gm Description
Nifugal B Ointment is an anti-fungal medicine. It is used to treat skin infections that are caused due to fungi such as ringworm, fungal infections between the toes, etc. Nifugal B is a combination m
edicine containing beclomethasone and clotrimazole. This Ointment is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor.
Uses of Nifugal B Oint 15gm
Contraindications of Nifugal B Oint 15gm
- If you are allergic to beclomethasone, clotrimazole or any of the ingredients of Nifugal B Ointment.
- If you have a history of any other corticosteroids or imidazoles.
Side effects of Nifugal B Oint 15gm
Precautions and Warnings of Nifugal B Oint 15gm
Other General Warnings
- You develop any skin reactions or allergic reactions after applying Nifugal B Ointment, inform your doctor immediately.
- You are using this medicine for over two weeks, as prolonged use of this medicine can cause symptoms like fever, shaking, chills, headache, diarrhoea, depression, low blood pressure, etc.
- Do not use this Ointment on any condition other than prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not apply this medicine for a prolonged duration on a larger skin area or more than the prescribed duration.
- Nifugal B Ointment is not recommended for use in children.
Mode of Action of Nifugal B Oint 15gm
How Does It Work?
- Beclomethasone is a steroid that acts by blocking the synthesis of natural substances, i.e. prostaglandins, which is responsible for itching, swelling and redness.
- Clotrimazole works by inhibiting the formation of a fungal cell wall component, which leads to altered permeability and growth of fungus, causing infection.
Directions for Use of Nifugal B Oint 15gm
- Nifugal B Ointment should be used as directed by your doctor.
- It is meant for external use only.
- Clean and dry the affected area well.
- Apply the Ointment on healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using this Ointment unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this Ointment, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Nifugal B Oint 15gm
Interactions with other medicines
- As Nifugal B Ointment is meant for external use, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....
- Medicines like mifepristone, adesleukin, ritonavir should be used with caution with this Ointment.
Storage and disposal of Nifugal B Oint 15gm
- Store Nifugal B Ointment in a cool and dry place.
- Do not freeze it.
- Keep it out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Nifugal B Oint 15gm
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How does Nifugal B Ointment work?
Q: Can Nifugal B Ointment be used for ringworm infection?
- Canison B Indication, Dosage, Side Effect, Precaution | CIMS India [Internet]. Mims.com. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Clenil Modulite 250 micrograms inhaler (with Dose Indicator) - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Clotrimazole Cream 1% - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]