Niem P Tablets
Price to be Updated
Niem P Tablets Description
Niem P Tablets is a pain-relieving medicine. This is a combination of nimesulide and paracetamol as its active ingredients. Niem P Tablets uses includes treatment of painful conditions such as head
ache, fever, period pain, dental, joint and ear pain. Children under 12 years of age must not use Niem P Tablets medicine. People with stomach ulcers, kidney or liver or heart problems should not use Niem P Tablets . Use this medicine as directed by the doctor and do not take it for a longer duration than prescribed.
Uses of Niem P Tablets
- Tooth ache
- Pain like ear pain, joint pain and pain during menses
Contraindications of Niem P Tablets
- If you are allergic to paracetamol, nimesulide, other anti-inflammatory medicines (aspirin) or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you have a history of liver damage induced by anti-inflammatory medicines like (Nimesulide)
- If you have existing or history of stomach bleeding, ulcer and inflammation of stomach lining
- If you have problems related to blood clotting and bleeding disorders
- If you have impaired liver or kidney function
- If you have serious heart failure problem
- If you are an alcoholic or drug addict
- Children under 12 years of age
- If you are suffering from symptoms of flu-like fever, chills, shivering
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
Side effects of Niem P Tablets
- Loose stools
- Stomach or intestine ulcers
- Redness of skin
- Allergic symptoms like breathlessness, swelling of face and lips, eyes
- Increased liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Niem P Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You experience loss of appetite, nausea, stomach pain and weakness. These could be signs of serious liver damage
- You develop black tarry stools or vomit blood, immediately stop the medicine
- You are an elderly, chances of side effects increases
- You are suffering from any liver or kidney or heart disease
- You have a history of stomach or intestine ulcers
- You are expected to go through any upcoming surgery
- Taking this medicine for long is not advised as it can increase risk of heart disease or stomach bleeds
Mode of Action of Niem P Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Niem P Tablets works by the combined action of paracetamol and nimesulide. These two components work by interfering the formation of some chemicals in the body called prostaglandins. Prostaglandin is an inflammatory mediator produced in the body naturally and cause pain, swelling and fever. Niem P Tablets reduces the production of this chemical and relieves pain, swelling and fever. ...
- Paracetamol present in this medicine also acts on the area of the brain which is responsible for controlling temperature. Thus, it helps in controlling the fever.
Directions for Use of Niem P Tablets
Interactions of Niem P Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Taking Niem P Tablets with steroids can increase the risk of getting stomach bleeding and ulcers.
- Niem P Tablets may interfere with the action of blood thinners like warfarin and increase the risk of bleeding.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with vomiting medicines like domperidone and metoclopramide is not recommended.
- Some medicines can affect the way the Niem P Tablets works or the Niem P Tablets itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- In particular, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for brain-related disorders....
Storage and disposal of Niem P Tablets
Storage and disposal
- Store it in a cool and dry place and protected from moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of the children.
Dosage of Niem P Tablets
- Overdose of this medicine may result in serious liver damage.
- Other symptoms include nausea, vomiting, stomach discomforts, stomach bleed, skin rash, fever and chills
- In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate the missed one