Nicoquine Bottle Of 100ml Suspension
Nicoquine 80.6 MG Description
Nicoquine Suspension is primarily used to prevent and treat malaria. It contains chloroquine, as its active ingredient that belongs to an antimalarial class of medicines. This medicine works by actin
directly on malaria-causing organisms and thus inhibiting their growth. Nicoquine Suspension should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the exact dose and duration as prescribed. Do not stop taking this medicine, even if you start feeling better after taking this medicine. Before taking this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Nicoquine 80.6 MG
Contraindications of Nicoquine 80.6 MG
- If you are allergic to chloroquine or any of the ingredients of Nicoquine Suspension.
- If you are taking medicine to control heart rate such as amiodarone. Because simultaneous use may cause irregular heart rate.
Side effects of Nicoquine 80.6 MG
- Tingling or pricking sensation
- Hair loss
- Darkening of nails
- Unable to sleep
Precautions and Warnings of Nicoquine 80.6 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a liver or kidney disorder.
- You have any kind of blood disorder.
- You are suffering from fits or any kind of nerve disorder.
- You are suffering from a skin condition called psoriasis.
- You have any kind of digestive system disease.
- You have an inherited condition of glucose-6 phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency such as favism (a hereditary disorder involving an allergic-like reaction to ceratin food)
Mode of Action of Nicoquine 80.6 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Nicoquine 80.6 MG
- Take this syrup as prescribed by your doctor.
- Follow your doctor's dosing instructions very carefully.
- Use a measuring spoon or cup for exact quantities.
- Do not consume this syrup directly from the bottle.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and you should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Nicoquine 80.6 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Nicoquine Suspension may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications, and herbal preparations....
- Especially if you are taking any other anti-malarial medications, anti-parasitic medicines like praziquantel, immunosuppressants like ciclosporin, anti-epileptic medicines, heart-related medicines like digoxin etc....
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are antibiotics like moxifloxacin, ciprofloxacin, Antacids, and adsorbents used to treat heartburn like cimetidine, kaolin etc.
- Avoid taking rabies vaccination or oral typhoid vaccine during the treatment with Nicoquine. It may impair the activity of these vaccines. So, it is advised to take these vaccines at least 3 days prior before starting the treatment with this medicine....
Storage and disposal of Nicoquine 80.6 MG
- Store it below 25°C.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Nicoquine 80.6 MG
Missed a Dose
- It would be best if you don't miss a dose of anti-malarial medicine as it may lead to treatment failure.
- If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's already the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Never take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.