Neocip Suspension 60ml
By CIPLA LIMITED
60ml Suspension in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Neocip Suspension 60ml Description
Neocip Suspension is an antibiotic and is used to treat bacterial infections of the respiratory tract, ear, throat, lungs, urinary tract, bone and joint, skin and soft tissues. It contains ciprofloxa
cin as its active ingredient. Neocip Suspension works by inhibiting the growth and reproduction in bacteria which ultimately kills the bacteria. You should take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor without fail and without missing any dose. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own as this may lead to antibiotic resistance and infection may reoccur. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed.
|You Save||₹5.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Nausea, diarrhoea, dizziness|
Check more medicines with composition as Ciprofloxacin
Uses of Neocip Suspension 60ml
Neocip Suspension is used to treat bacterial infections of the respiratory tract, stomach, intestines, lungs, bone and joints, urinary tract, skin and soft tissues.
Contraindications of Neocip Suspension 60ml
- If you are allergic to ciprofloxacin or any ingredient of Neocip Suspension
- If you are taking other quinolone medicines like moxifloxacin, norfloxacin, ofloxacin or nalidixic acid
- If you are taking tizanidine (a medicine used to treat muscle spasms).
Side effects of Neocip Suspension 60ml
- Joint pain
Precautions and Warnings of Neocip Suspension 60ml
Can I take Neocip Suspension during pregnancy?
It is preferred to avoid the use of Neocip Suspension during pregnancy. Please consult your doctor before using this medicine if you are pregnant, think you maybe pregnant or are planning a pregnancy.
Can I take Neocip Suspension while breastfeeding?
Ciprofloxacin passes into breast milk and due to the potential harm it could cause to the breastfed baby, it should not be used during breastfeeding. You should consult your doctor before using Neocip Suspension during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Neocip Suspension?
Neocip Suspension may make you feel less alert. This may affect the reaction time, which is crucial for driving, hence it is advised not to use this medicine while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Neocip Suspension?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol and Neocip Suspension, However, alcohol is known to worsen the infection, thus you should avoid consuming alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any medical condition or family history of medical condition of liver, kidney, brain, heart or diabetes.
- You have a condition called myasthenia gravis that causes muscle weakness or tendon related disorder.
- You experience any mental health problems or diarrhoea while on treatment with this medicine, immediately contact your doctor.
- You have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells)
- You have problems with your eyesight.
- You experience any sudden severe allergic reaction, pain or swelling in joints and tendinitis, sudden pain in your stomach, back or chest stop taking this medicine and contact your doctor immediately.
- You must avoid being in the sunlight for too long as this medicine may make you more sensitive to sunlight or UV light.
- You should let the doctor or the laboratory person know that you are using this medicine while going for a lab test.
Mode of Action of Neocip Suspension 60ml
How Does It Work?
Ciprofloxacin in Neocip Suspension works by blocking DNA enzyme that is responsible for reproducing and repairing of bacterial DNA, thus causing bacteria death and prevents worsening of infection.
Directions for Use of Neocip Suspension 60ml
- Take Neocip Suspension as directed by your doctor.
- Read the instructions carefully on the label before using the medicine.
- Shake well before use.
Interactions of Neocip Suspension 60ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Neocip Suspension works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially if you are taking blood thinners or other medicines to treat your heart problems, mental health problems, gout, acidity, muscle spasms, fits, Parkinson's disease.
- Medicines or dietary supplements that contain calcium, iron, aluminium, magnesium, sevelamer, lanthanum carbonate, antacids or sucralfate. Neocip Suspension should not be taken within two hours of taking this medicine as they reduce the effect of this medicine....
- Other medicines like cyclosporin, metoclopramide, methotrexate, theophylline, sildenafil, zolpidem should be used with caution along with Neocip Suspension.
Interactions with food items
Dietary supplements or mineral-fortified drinks like milk, yogurt, calcium-fortified orange juice should not be taken with Neocip Suspension as they reduce the absorption of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Neocip Suspension 60ml
- Store Neocip Suspension below 30°C, protect if from direct sunlight, heat and moisture
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Neocip Suspension 60ml
Symptoms of overdose include headache, dizziness, stomach discomfort, tiredness, shakiness, fits, hallucinations, confusion. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Neocip Suspension, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
For optimum effect, doses of antibiotics should not be missed. If you missed any dose of Neocip Suspension, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Neocip Suspension?
A: Neocip Suspension is used to treat bacterial infections of the respiratory tract, stomach, intestines, lungs, bone and joints, urinary tract, skin and the soft tissues.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Neocip Suspension?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, liver or kidney disease
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby
- Neocip Suspension may interact with other medicines, hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines including supplements or herbal products. Also inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine....
Q: Are there any side effects with Neocip Suspension?
A: You may experience side effects like nausea, diarrhoea, headache, dizziness, joint pain while on treatment with Neocip Suspension
- Ciproxin 250 mg/5 mL granules and solvent for oral suspension - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 November 2021]
- Ciproxin 250 mg/5 mL granules and solvent for oral suspension - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 November 2021]
- DailyMed - CIPROFLOXACIN [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021[cited 26 November 2021]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed