Naxdom 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Naxdom 250mg tablet is a combination medicine. Naxdom 250mg tablet is used for the treatment of migraine. Naxdom 250mg tablet contains a combination of two medicines naproxen and domperidone. Migraine
is a type of headache that usually affects one side of your head causing throbbing and pulsing pain often accompanied by the nausea, vomiting and weakness. Naproxen helps in relieving pain and headache and domperidone is an anti-emetic medicine that helps reduce the nausea and vomiting associated with migraine headaches. While taking this medicine you should consider making certain lifestyle modifications to manage your migraine better. Managing your stress, regular exercise, relaxation techniques may help reduce the number and severity of migraines. Avoid exposure to migraine triggers and follow a consistent sleep schedule and eat regular meals....
Uses of Naxdom 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Naxdom 250mg Tablet is used for the treatment of migraine.
Contraindications of Naxdom 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to naproxen, domperidone or any other ingredients of Naxdom 250mg tablet.
- If you have stomach or intestinal ulcers, bleeding from ulcers.
- If you have a history of ulcer or bleeding previously.
- If you have an allergy to painkillers like aspirin or Ibuprofen.
- If you have any problems with your heart, liver and kidney.
- If you have a pituitary gland tumour that releases an excess of prolactin hormone (prolactinoma).
- If you have an obstruction, blockage or perforation (tear) in the intestine or any part of the gut.
- If you have any condition due to which there is a salt imbalance in your body (low levels of potassium or magnesium or high level of potassium).
- If you're pregnant or think you may be pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Naxdom 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Dry mouth
- Stomach discomfort
Precautions and Warnings of Naxdom 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take the Naxdom 250mg tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited safety information available on the use of the Naxdom 250mg tablet during pregnancy. Thus, it should be avoided during pregnancy unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take the Naxdom 250mg tablet while breastfeeding?
Naxdom 250mg Tablet passes into the human breastmilk and may be harmful to the newborn baby. Thus, either medicine or breastfeeding should be discontinued.
Can I drive if I have consumed Naxdom 250mg tablet?
Naxdom 250 tablet may produce dizziness, drowsiness, fatigue and vision problems. Therefore, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Naxdom 250mg tablet?
You should not consume alcohol along with the Naxdom 250mg tablets as it may increase the risk of getting ulcers and bleeding in the stomach.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are using other painkiller medicine, as it may cause bleeding and ulcers in the stomach.
- You have any other stomach, intestinal diseases or high cholesterol.
- You smoke or consume alcohol regularly or you are above 65 years of age.
- You had or have any heart, liver or kidney related condition
- You have high blood pressure, diabetes, asthma, breathing disorder.
- You are planning to have a baby, as Naproxen may interfere with female fertility..
- You are above 12 years of age with bodyweight below 35 kgs.
- You have an autoimmune disorder called systemic lupus erythematosus or any tissue disorder or any blood clotting issues.
- Naxdom 250mg Tablet aggravates the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease, asthma, colitis and crohn's disease. Thus, it should be used with caution.
- Naxdom 250mg Tablet should not be used in children below 5 years of age.
Mode of Action of Naxdom 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Naxdom 250mg tablet works by the combined action of its two ingredients.
- Naproxen is a pain-relieving medicine that helps in reducing pain and headache associated with a migraine attack.
- Domperidone acts by controlling the feeling of nausea and vomiting commonly associated with migraine attacks.
Directions for Use of Naxdom 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Naxdom 250mg Tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time fo
r optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Naxdom 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way the Naxdom 250mg Tablet works or the Naxdom 250mg Tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines for heart and brain-related disorders, anti-infectives, immunomodulators, painkillers, steroids, antacids, anti-gout medicines, anticoagulants and certain anti-cancer medicines....Read more
Storage and disposal of Naxdom 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Naxdom 250mg Tablet below 25°C protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
- Do not flush the expired medicine in the toilet or throw them in household waste or drain.
Dosage of Naxdom 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Symptoms of an overdose are agitation, dizziness, sleepiness, excitement, irritation, unconsciousness, etc. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, con
tact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not ta
ke a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Naxdom 250mg Tablet if I have heart problem?
A: No, you should not take Naxdom 250mg Tablet as it is associated with the development of abnormal heart rhythms. Discuss with your doctor beforehand if you are prescribed this medicine. Your doctor may advise frequent follow-up and regular heart function monitoring.
Q: Can Naxdom 250mg tablet be taken empty stomach?
A: You should take Naxdom 250mg Tablet, preferably after meals, to avoid stomach discomforts.
Q: Can I take Naxdom 250mg tablets with other pain killers?
A: No, you should not take this medicine with other pain killers as it increases the chances of getting side effects of Naxdom 250mg Tablets.
Q: How frequently can we take Naxdom 250mg Tablet?
A: Your treating doctor decides the duration and frequency of any medicine after accessing the condition. It varies among individuals depending upon their condition. Do not self-medicate Naxdom 250mg Tablet and take it as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can Dolo 650 and Naxdom 250 be taken together?
A: Dolo 650 is an analgesic medicine. It contains paracetamol which is used to reduce pain and fever. Dolo 650 or any pain-reducing medicine should not be taken along with Naxdom 250 as it can aggravate the side effects of Naxdom Tablet. Consult your doctor for more information on the safety of concomitant use of these medicines.
Q: Does Naxdom 250mg tablet affect kidneys?
A: Yes, it can upon long term or frequent use, as components of Naxdom 250mg tablet work by inhibiting the production of a chemical called prostaglandin. Prostaglandin is associated with maintaining blood flow and filtration rate of kidneys and inhibiting the production of this chemical can affect kidney function. Patients with kidney problems should be extra cautious and you should avoid frequent use of this medicine.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Naxdom 250mg Tablet?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, gut, liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- Inform your doctor if you smoke or regularly consume alcohol.
- This medicine may interact with other medicines, hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stoppingany medicine....Read more
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 13 Sep 2021 | 02:02 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved