Naxdom 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Naxdom 250 tablet is an anti-migraine medicine. It is used to treat migraine. Migraine is a type of headache that usually affects one side of your head, causing throbbing and pulsing pain often accom
panied by nausea, vomiting, and weakness. It contains a combination of naproxen and domperidone as the active ingredients. Naproxen helps in relieving pain and headache. Domperidone is an anti-emetic medicine that helps reduce nausea and vomiting associated with migraine headaches. Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not take more than the recommended dose. Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to any of its components. Before taking Naxdom 250 tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or breastfeeding, and about your complete medical history. Also, inform about all the medicines and supplements you take. While taking Naxdom 250 tablet, it is recommended to make certain lifestyle modifications to manage your migraine better. Managing your stress, regular exercise, and relaxation techniques may help reduce the number and severity of migraines. Avoid exposure to migraine triggers, follow a consistent sleep schedule, and eat regular meals. Naxdom 250 should not be used in children below 5 years of age.
Uses of NAXDOM 250MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
Contraindications of NAXDOM 250MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- If you are allergic to naproxen, domperidone or any other ingredients of Naxdom 250 tablet.
- If you have stomach or intestinal ulcers, bleeding from ulcers.
- If you have a history of ulcer or bleeding previously.
- If you have an allergy to painkillers like aspirin or Ibuprofen.
- If you have any problems with your heart, liver and kidney.
- If you have a pituitary gland tumour that releases an excess of prolactin hormone (prolactinoma).
- If you have an obstruction, blockage or perforation (tear) in the intestine or any part of the gut.
- If you have any condition due to which there is a salt imbalance in your body (low levels of potassium or magnesium or high level of potassium).
- If you're pregnant or think you may be pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of NAXDOM 250MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- Dry mouth
- Stomach discomfort
Precautions and Warnings of NAXDOM 250MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
Other General Warnings
- You are using other painkiller medicine, as it may cause bleeding and ulcers in the stomach.
- You have any other stomach, intestinal diseases or high cholesterol.
- You smoke or consume alcohol regularly or you are above 65 years of age.
- You had or have any heart, liver or kidney related condition
- You have high blood pressure, diabetes, asthma, breathing disorder.
- You are planning to have a baby, as Naproxen may interfere with female fertility..
- You are above 12 years of age with bodyweight below 35 kgs.
- You have an autoimmune disorder called systemic lupus erythematosus or any tissue disorder or any blood clotting issues.
- Naxdom 250 tablet aggravates the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease, asthma, colitis and crohn's disease. Thus, it should be used with caution.
- Naxdom 250 tablet should not be used in children below 5 years of age.
Directions for Use of NAXDOM 250MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- Naxdom 250 tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume more than the dose prescribed by your doctor.
Storage and disposal of NAXDOM 250MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- Store Naxdom 250 tablet below 25°C protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of NAXDOM 250MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- Symptoms of an overdose are agitation, dizziness, sleepiness, excitement, irritation, unconsciousness, etc.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- Missing a dose may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember it.
- However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose.
- Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
Mode of Action of NAXDOM 250MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
How Does It Work?
- Naxdom 250 tablet works by the combined action of its two ingredients.
- Naproxen is a pain-relieving medicine that helps in reducing pain and headache associated with a migraine attack.
- Domperidone acts by controlling the feeling of nausea and vomiting commonly associated with migraine attacks.
Interactions of NAXDOM 250MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Naxdom 250 tablet works or Naxdom 250 tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines for heart and brain-related disorders, anti-infectives, immunomodulators, painkillers, steroids, antacids, anti-gout medicines, anticoagulants and certain anti-cancer medicines....