Myestin 60mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By VHB LIFE SCIENCES LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Myestin 60 MG Description
Myestin 60 mg tablet contains pyridostigmine as its active medicine. It is used for the treatment of myasthenia gravis, paralytic ileus and urinary retention after surgery. It works by decreasing the
breakdown of a chemical messenger called acetylcholine. An increase in acetylcholine helps in muscle contraction, thus decreasing the weakness and fatigue of the muscle. Nausea or vomiting, loose motions, cramps in the stomach, increased salivation, slow heartbeats, and muscle weakness are some of the side effects of this medicine. If side effects persist or your condition does not improve over time, then inform your doctor.
|You Save||₹24.90 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Myasthenia gravis, paralytic ileus|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, loose motions, increased salivation|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR MYASTHENIA GRAVIS|
Check more medicines with composition as Pyridostigmine(60.0 Mg)
Uses of Myestin 60 MG
- It is used for the treatment of myasthenia gravis, a neuromuscular disease where the muscles become weak and tire easily.
- For the treatment of paralytic ileus, a disease characterised by the absence of muscle contraction in the bowel and urinary retention after surgery.
Contraindications of Myestin 60 MG
- If you are allergic to pyridostigmine or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a bowel obstruction or a urinary tract obstruction.
Side effects of Myestin 60 MG
- Loose motions
- Increased salivation
- Slow heartbeats
- Muscle weakness
- Increased bowel movement
Precautions and Warnings of Myestin 60 MG
Can I take Myestin 60 mg tablet during pregnancy?
The effect of this medicine on the unborn baby is not known. Use this medicine during pregnancy only if it is prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Myestin 60 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of this medicine are known to pass in breastmilk, this medicine should be avoided if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Myestin 60 mg tablet?
This medicine can cause vision problems. Avoid driving while you are taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Myestin 60 mg tablet?
Alcohol is not known to interact with this medicine. However, if you consume alcohol too often discuss it with your doctor.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have respiratory diseases such as asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Your heartbeats are irregular.
- You have a recent blockage of heart blood vessels.
- You have low blood pressure.
- You have a medical condition called vagotonia (excessive excitability of the vagus nerve).
- You have ulcers in the stomach or bowel.
- You have epilepsy (a brain disorder characterized by recurrent seizures) or parkinsonism (movement problems same as seen in Parkinson's disease).
- You have an overactive thyroid.
- You have undergone a thymectomy (an operation for the removal of the thymus gland).
- You are taking other medicines such as steroids.
- You have indigestion with some sugars.
Directions for Use of Myestin 60 MG
Take this medicine with or without food as prescribed by your doctor.
Storage and disposal of Myestin 60 MG
- Store this medicine at a temperature not above 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Myestin 60 MG
- Symptoms of an overdose include muscle weakness, pain in the stomach, loose motions, nausea or vomiting, increased salivation, excessive sweating, muscle cramps, low blood pressure, low and irregular heartbeats, confusion, irritation, and nervousness. ...
- If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine then take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow your regular dosing schedule.
Mode of Action of Myestin 60 MG
How Does It Work?
It works by decreasing the breakdown of a chemical messenger called acetylcholine. An increase in acetylcholine helps in muscle contraction, thus decreasing the weakness and fatigue of the muscle.
Interactions of Myestin 60 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Myestin 60 mg tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions. Especially if you are taking steroid medicines.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Myestin 60 mg tablet cause high blood pressure?
A: Myestin 60 mg tablet does not cause high blood pressure, In contrast, if a high dose is consumed it can cause low blood pressure.
Q: Can Myestin 60 mg tablet be crushed or chewed?
A: Myestin 60 mg tablet should not be crushed or chewed. It should be taken as a whole with water.
Q: Is Myestin 60 a steroid?
A: No, Myestin 60mg tablet is not a steroid. It belongs to anticholinesterases group of medicines. Myestin 60mg Tablet works by preventing the breakdown of a chemical called acetylcholine.
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed