Montu L Tablet
Montu L Tablet Description
Montu L Tablet is used for the management of symptoms such as runny & stuffy nose (allergic rhinitis), blockage in airways, sneezing, itching, watery eyes and other allergic symptoms. It is a combina
tion of two medicines, montelukast and levocetirizine. Montu L Tablet works by reducing the constriction and swelling of airways and blocking the production of chemicals responsible for producing symptoms of allergy. It is advised to take this medicine, preferably at bedtime, as it may cause dizziness.
- Lm True Plus Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 136.00₹ 104.7328.78% CHEAPER₹ 10.47/Tablet
- Montas L TabletBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 178.00₹ 151.31₹ 15.13/Tablet
- Spiromont L Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Koye Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 156.00₹ 156.00₹ 15.6/Tablet
- Monzem Lc Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Saffron Therapeutics Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 166.00₹ 166.00₹ 16.6/Tablet
- Limonte TabletBy Kaizen Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 140.00₹ 123.2016.19% CHEAPER₹ 12.32/Tablet
- Levozet M TabletBy Cadila Pharmaceuticals Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 80.00₹ 56.0061.9% CHEAPER₹ 5.6/Tablet
- Lisani M Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cnx Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 129.00₹ 109.6525.37% CHEAPER₹ 10.97/Tablet
- Montair Lc Tablet 15'sBy Cipla Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 336.44₹ 285.97₹ 19.06/Tablet
- Mtnl TabletBy Centaur Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 199.94₹ 169.95₹ 17.00/Tablet
- Levokast TabletBy Ttk Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 175.78₹ 149.41₹ 14.94/Tablet
Uses of Montu L Tablet
Contraindications of Montu L Tablet
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine like levocetirizine, cetirizine or montelukast.
- If you have kidney problems or undergoing dialysis.
- If you are unable to digest lactose and glucose (galactose intolerance).
Side effects of Montu L Tablet
- Dry mouth
- Blocked nose
- Increased liver enzymes
- Pain in the stomach and abdomen
Precautions and Warnings of Montu L Tablet
- It is not safe to use this medicine during breastfeeding as Levocetirizine passes into human milk and can harm the baby.
- It can cause drowsiness in the breastfed baby.
Other General Warnings
- You are taking medicines for allergies (corticosteroids) like Prednisone and Prednisolone.
- You are already taking painkillers like aspirin, as it can increase the risk of asthma.
- You experience a rash or breathing difficulty.
- You are suffering from a psychiatric illness.
- This medicine can cause anxiety, aggression, lack of sleep and suicidal thoughts. In case you experience any of these, immediately inform your doctor.
- You are suffering from a genetic disorder called phenylketonuria.
- You are not able to empty the bladder.
- This medicine is not meant for relief from acute asthma. Use your inhaler for asthma relief in an acute attack.
Mode of Action of Montu L Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Montelukast blocks certain natural substances called leukotriene, which cause symptoms of allergy. It reduces swelling, relaxes airways and helps to make breathing easier.
- Levocetirizine blocks histamine, a natural substance, which is produced by the body during allergic reactions.
Directions for Use of Montu L Tablet
- Take Montu L Tablet as directed by your physician.
- Montu L Tablet can be taken with or without food.
Interactions of Montu L Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Montu L Tablet contains Levocetirizine and Montelukast. Any interaction which is seen with any of these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination too.
- Medicines used to treat psychotic disorders may cause drowsiness if used concomitantly.
- The use of Medicine used to treat fits such as Phenytoin together with this medicine can affect the effect of this medicine.
- Antiviral Medicine such as Ritonavir may interfere with the effectiveness of this medicine when used concomitantly.
Storage and disposal of Montu L Tablet
- Store this medicine below 30°C.
- Try to protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it away from the reach of children.
Dosage of Montu L Tablet
- Symptoms of overdose include drowsiness, aggression, restlessness, thirst and headache.
- In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have depression. Can Montu L Tablet worsen it?
Q: Can I take Montu L Tablet during an asthma attack?
Q: Can I take Montu L Tablet in pregnancy?
Q: Can I stop taking Montu L Tablet if symptoms of allergy go away?
- MONTAIR LC [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 16 April 2021]
- MTnL Tablet [Internet]. Centaurpharma.com. 2021 [cited 16 April 2021]
- Montelukast 10 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 16 April 2021]
- Levocetirizine 5 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 16 April 2021]
- Levocetirizine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 16 April 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 16 April 2021]