Misonac Tablet Description
Misonac is a prescription medication. It is a potent analgesic or pain-killer. It is a combination of two active components, Diclofenac and Misoprostol. This medication is primarily used to reliev
e moderate to severe pain in conditions that affect joints like osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. These conditions may present with symptoms like joint swelling, pain, restriction of joint movement etc. It can also be helpful in pain management of other conditions like ankylosing spondylitis, gout, post-operative pain, post-dental surgery etc. Take this medication as recommended by your doctor. This medication should not be abruptly started or stopped. Take this medication regularly as prescribed by your doctor for maximum effects. If you are pregnant or currently breastfeeding, inform your doctor of the same.
|You Save||₹23.10 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Misoprostol(100.0 Mcg) + Diclofenac(50.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Management of Pain|
|Side effects||Abdominal Pain, Loose Stools, Dyspepsia, Nausea, Flatulence, Gastritis, Vomiting, Constipation|
|Therapy||DRUGS ACTING ON UTERUS|
Uses of Misonac Tablet
- Management of Pain in conditions like Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Pain management in Ankylosing Spondylitis, Gout, Post-Operative Pain, Post Dental Surgery etc.
Contraindications of Misonac Tablet
- This medication is strictly contraindicated in pregnancy and those intending to conceive.
- Avoid using this medication in case of hypersensitivity reactions to these medications/ inactive ingredients.
- This medication is contraindicated if there is a history of asthma, urticaria (hives), or any other allergic reactions on taking aspirin or NSAID.
- It is contraindicated if there is peptic ulcer disease or any active gastric bleeding.
- It should not be given to any patients with any active bleeding anywhere in the body.
- It is contraindicated for pain management in association with heart bypass surgery.
- This medication is contraindicated in patients with heart failure and edema.
- It is contraindicated in patients with liver failure and kidney failure.
- It should not be used in patients with decreased haemoglobin levels/ established anaemia.
- This medication is not recommended for use in patients with infertility, as the medicine by itself can cause reversible infertility.
Side effects of Misonac Tablet
- Abdominal Pain
- Loose stools
- Decrease in haematocrit levels/ anaemia
Precautions and Warnings of Misonac Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You are taking any other medicines.
- You are intending to conceive in the near future at the time of prescription.
Mode of Action of Misonac Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Misonac Tablet
- Take this medication as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow this medication whole. Do not crush, break, or chew this tablet.
- Take this medication for the entire duration recommended by your doctor.
- It is beneficial to take it on a regular schedule.
- Abruptly stopping this medication can cause a recurrence of symptoms.
- Take this medication with food to decrease gastric side effects.
Interactions of Misonac Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- This medication can affect the balance of bleeding and clotting. It should not be taken with other medicines that can affect haemostasis, like Warfarin, anti-depressants like SSRIs and SNRIS, etc.
- This medication can decrease the BP-lowering effects of anti-hypertensive medications. It is recommended not to mix them in practice. These anti-hypertensives include ACE Inhibitors, ARBs, and Beta-blockers. It can also cause renal impairment when mixed with these medications....
- Diuretics are medicines that promote urination and excretion of salts from the body. This medication can decrease the effects of diuretic medicines.
- The concomitant use with Digoxin is not recommended as it can prolong the effects of Digoxin, which may lead to toxicity.
Interactions with food items
- It is recommended to take this medication with food to decrease any gastric irritant effects of Diclofenac. It does not have interactions with any specific food group.
Storage and disposal of Misonac Tablet
Dosage of Misonac Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have a toothache, can I use this medication?
Q: I have acid reflux and abdominal pain, can I use this medication?
Q: I was prescribed Misonac, but I forgot to tell my doctor that I am on treatment for high blood pressure. Should I continue both tablets?
- ARTHROTEC (diclofenac sodium and misoprostol tablets).
- Arthrotec 50 modified-release Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 19 March 2022].
- Alfaro RA, Davis DD. Diclofenac. [Updated 2021 Jun 3]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-.
- Krugh M, Maani CV. Misoprostol. [Updated 2021 Jul 13]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-.