Misonac Sr Tablet
Misonac Sr Tablet Description
Misonac Sr Tab is a combination medication containing misoprostol and diclofenac. Misonac Sr helps relieve the pain and swelling of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis while protecting the patien
ts from the potential risk of ulceration or irritation of the stomach. Misonac Sr Tab is composed of diclofenac and misoprostol. Diclofenac is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication. It may help relieve the pain. However, it may cause stomach upsets or ulcers as it tends to decrease the amount of prostaglandin, which is a natural protective substance in the stomach lining. Misoprostol, the other active ingredient in Misonac Sr, is very similar to natural prostaglandins and helps protect the stomach. It is important to always keep a written list of all prescription and non-prescription (over-the-counter) medicines, including dietary supplements, vitamins and minerals, and bring it to your medical checkups when undergoing treatment. This will help the doctor monitor your symptoms carefully, conduct required tests to check the body's response to Misonac Sr tab, and prescribe the right dose to treat your condition with minimal risk of adverse effects.
|Contains||Misoprostol(100.0 Mcg) + Diclofenac(100.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Relieve pain, tenderness, swelling, and stiffness of joints.|
|Side effects||Stomach ache, Diarrhoea/constipation, Nausea, Vomiting, Gas or bloating, Indigestion.|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS|
Uses of Misonac Sr Tablet
- Relieve symptoms of pain, tenderness, swelling, and stiffness caused by osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis in patients at risk of developing stomach ulcers.
Contraindications of Misonac Sr Tablet
Side effects of Misonac Sr Tablet
- Stomach ache.
- Nausea, vomiting.
- Gas or bloating.
Precautions and Warnings of Misonac Sr Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You or any family member has or ever had heart disease, heart attack, heart failure or stroke.
- You have liver or kidney problems.
- You smoke.
- You have any infection.
- You are dehydrated.
- You have easy bleeding or bruising.
- You have or have ever had high cholesterol, high blood pressure, or diabetes.
- You will be undergoing surgery, including dental surgery.
- You have had a stomach ulcer or bleeding in your stomach or intestines.
- You have any stomach or intestinal problems ( inflammatory bowel disease).
- You have asthma or allergic disease.
Mode of Action of Misonac Sr Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Misonac Sr Tablet
- Misonac Sr Tab is to be taken by mouth.
- Take the medication exactly as directed.
- Misonac Sr is usually taken with food.
- Preferably take at fixed times every day.
- Do not take more or less or more often than prescribed.
- Swallow the tablets whole. Do not split, chew or crush the tablets.
Interactions of Misonac Sr Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your doctor if you take any of the following medications:
- Anticoagulants ('blood thinners') such as warfarin.
- Aspirin or other NSAIDs (ibuprofen).
- Oral steroids such as dexamethasone, methylprednisolone, and prednisone.
- Antidepressants such as citalopram, fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, paroxetine, and sertraline, used to treat anxiety and depression. Or other antidepressants such as desvenlafaxine, duloxetine, and venlafaxine....
- Medicines used to treat osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis.
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ace) inhibitors(medicines used for high blood pressure and heart failure) such as benazepril, enalapril, fosinopril, lisinopril, moexipril, etc.
- Angiotensin receptor blockers(medicine for blood pressure and heart failure) such as candesartan, eprosartan, losartan, etc.
- Antibiotics (rifampin0
- Beta blockers(medicine used to lower blood pressure ) such as atenolol, labetalol, metoprolol.
- Immunosuppressants (cyclosporine, tacrolimus).
- Digoxin(medicine for heart ailments).
- Diuretics ('water pills').
- Insulin and oral medications used to control blood sugar (for diabetes).
- Medications for seizures.
- Antacids that contain magnesium (medicine used for heartburn, indigestion).
- Methotrexate (medicine used to treat rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis and leukaemia)
- Ketoconazole, fluconazole, miconazole and voriconazole (medicine used to treat some fungal infections)
Interactions with food items
- A normal diet can be continued unless advised otherwise by your doctor.
Storage and disposal of Misonac Sr Tablet
Dosage of Misonac Sr Tablet
Missed a Dose
Dr. Varsha Parihar
MBBS, MD (Community Medicine)