Microgest Sr 400mg Tablet
Microgest Sr 400 MG Description
Microgest Sr Tablet contains progesterone as its active ingredient. This medicine is used for the treatment of gynaecological disorders associated with inadequate levels of progesterone hormone in th
e body. Progesterone is a female hormone synthesized in the body naturally and plays a key role in regulating the menstrual cycle and maintaining pregnancy. This medicine works by supplying adequate levels of progesterone hormone and imitating its action in the body. It is used for the treatment of disorders related to the female reproductive cycle, infertility, irregular menses and abnormal uterine bleeding.
- Minagest Sr 400mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Ar-ex Laboratories Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 710.00₹ 603.50₹
- Endogest Sr 400mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 673.68₹ 640.00₹
- Susten Sr 400mg TabletBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 785.00₹ 667.25₹
- Naturogest Sr 400mg TabletBy Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 753.40₹ 640.39₹
Uses of Microgest Sr 400 MG
- For the treatment of premenstrual syndrome, absence of menses, irregular menses and abnormal uterine bleeding.
- To support the early phase of pregnancy in women who have experienced vaginal bleeding during early pregnancy and have inadequate or low levels of progesterone.
- For the treatment of infertility, preventing preterm delivery and mood disorder following childbirth.
- Hormone replacement therapy in women having menopause. It is given along with estrogen to post-menopausal women.
- This medicine is also used to support pregnancy and fertility outcomes during assisted reproductive procedures.
Contraindications of Microgest Sr 400 MG
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients of the medicine.
- If you have or ever had breast cancer.
- If you experience abnormal vaginal bleeding which is not being treated.
- If you recently had a heart attack or stroke.
- If you have a blood clotting disorder such as thrombosis, deep vein thrombosis (clots in blood vessels of legs) and blood clots in the lungs.
- If you have any liver disease.
Side effects of Microgest Sr 400 MG
- Abdominal bloating
- Breast tenderness
- Short menstrual cycle
- Intermittent bleeding or spotting
Precautions and Warnings of Microgest Sr 400 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience abnormal vaginal bleeding or have a vaginal infection.
- You have epilepsy, migraine, asthma, liver, heart or kidney dysfunction, diabetes, photosensitivity and you are a breastfeeding mother, careful observation is required.
Mode of Action of Microgest Sr 400 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Microgest Sr 400 MG
Interactions of Microgest Sr 400 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines affect the way Microgest Sr Tablet works or Microgest Sr itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, herbals you are currently taking or might take before taking this medicine.
- Especially, if you are taking an antifungal medicine containing ketoconazole inform your doctor.
Storage and disposal of Microgest Sr 400 MG
- Store it in a cool and dry place, away from sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.