Metron Suspension 30ml
Metron 200 MG Description
Metron Suspension is an antibiotic medicine. It is used for treating infections caused by bacteria and parasites. Metron is used to treat various types of infections of the skin, stomach, lungs, inte
stines, liver, private parts, etc. It also helps to treat dental infections and is also used to prevent an infection after surgery. Metron Suspension contains metronidazole as its active ingredient. You should complete the entire treatment with this medicine and not stop it mid-way on your own without consulting your doctor.
- Flagyl 200mg Suspension 60mlBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd60ml Suspension in BottleMRP 30.91₹ 26.27₹ 0.44/Ml
Uses of Metron 200 MG
- Metron Suspension is used in treating infections of the skin, lungs, heart, stomach, liver, intestines, joints, bones, private parts, etc. It is also helpful for treating dental infections.
- It is also used to prevent an infection after a surgery or an operation.
Contraindications of Metron 200 MG
- If you are allergic to metronidazole or any other ingredients of Metron Suspension.
- If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
- If you are a breastfeeding mother.
Side effects of Metron 200 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Metron 200 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your liver.
- You are on dialysis.
- You are suffering from any nervous system disorders.
- You experience any blood disorder, anaemia and abnormal blood count.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition after using Metron Suspension.
- Do not use Metron Suspension for any other conditions other than that specified by your doctor.
Mode of Action of Metron 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Metron 200 MG
- Take Metron Suspension as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Read the instructions on the bottle before usage.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
Interactions of Metron 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Metron Suspension may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Use of Warfarin (blood thinner) along with this medicine can alter its effects.
- Metron Suspension should be used with caution along with disulfiram (used in the treatment of chronic alcoholism).
- This medicine should not be concomitantly used along with lithium (used in mental health problems).
- Other medicines like phenobarbital, phenytoin or carbamazepine (used in fits), busulfan, 5-fluorouracil (used to treat cancer), ciclosporin or tacrolimus (used after organ transplants) should be used with caution along with Metron Suspension....
Storage and disposal of Metron 200 MG
- Metron Suspension should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Metron 200 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Suspension Metron on my own?
- No, you should never stop taking Metron Suspension until advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good.
- If you stop taking this medicine it may lead to treatment failure, recurrence of infection and may produce side effects as well.
Q: Is Metron good for stomach upset?
- Metronidazole Oral Suspension - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Metronidazole Oral Suspension - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 6 May 2022]
- LactMed - Metronidazole [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Metronidazole: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Metronidazole - Medicine - NHS [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Metronidazole dosing, indications, interactions, adverse effects, and more [Internet]. Reference.medscape.com. 2022 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Metronidazole [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Metronidazole [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Metronidazole - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics [Internet]. Sciencedirect.com. 2022 [cited 6 May 2022]