Mesacol 1g Strip Of 5 Suppositories
Mesacol 1 G Description
Mesacol Suppository contains mesalazine (also called mesalamine or 5-Aminosalicylic Acid) as its active ingredient. It is used to treat ulcerative colitis (a condition that causes inflammation and ulcers in the linings of your large intestines) and prevents its symptoms from recurring. It works by stopping certain substances in the body that may cause inflammation. This medicine should only be taken after consulting a doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Mesacol Suppository is intended for rectal use only
|You Save||₹37.05 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Mesalazine / Mesalamine / 5-Aminosalicylic Acid(1.0 G)|
|Side effects||Rash with or without itching Indigestion Fever Nausea and vomiting|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR ULCERATIVE COLITIS|
Uses of Mesacol 1 G
Contraindications of Mesacol 1 G
- If you are allergic to mesalazine or any other ingredients of Mesacol Suppository.
- If you have any problems with your liver or kidney.
- If you are allergic to salicylates (Diclofenac, aspirin, Ibuprofen, etc.).
Side effects of Mesacol 1 G
- Rash with or without itching
- Nausea and vomiting
Precautions and Warnings of Mesacol 1 G
Other General Warnings
- You have any liver or kidney-related problems.
- You have any lung diseases like asthma.
- You have any problems with your heart (like any allergic reactions).
- You have experienced an allergic reaction while taking sulfasalazine.
- You may develop kidney stones (symptoms like stomach pain and blood in urine) while on treatment with this medicine. Hence it would help if you drink plenty of water.
- Before and during treatment with Mesacol Suppository, your doctor may want to monitor the liver, kidneys, blood and lungs periodically.
- It is recommended to ensure adequate fluid intake during treatment.
Directions for Use of Mesacol 1 G
- For rectal use only. Use this medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
- Wash and dry your hands after emptying your bowel.
- Insert the suppository in your rectum region through the anal opening after peeling off any wrapping over it.
- Do not move or walk for 15 minutes so that the medicine starts dissolving due to the body's temperature.
- Rewash your hands.
- Avoid passing stools for at least 1 hour so that medicine stays in place.
Storage and disposal of Mesacol 1 G
- Store Mesacol Suppository in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Mesacol 1 G
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Mesacol 1 G
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Mesacol 1 G
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction with Mesacol Suppository.
- You need to be cautious while simultaneously taking this medicine along with medicines like azathioprine, 6-mercaptopurine (used in rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn's disease), and thioguanine (used in cancer treatment)....
- This medicine, when taken along with blood thinners like warfarin (used to prevent blood clot formation), may decrease the effect of warfarin.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long to take Mesacol Suppository?
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before using Mesacol Suppository?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
Q: Is Mesacol Suppository addictive?
Q: What is the composition of Mesacol Suppository?
- Octasa 400 mg Modified Release Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 15 July 2022]
- Octasa 400 mg Modified Release Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 15 July 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 15 July 2022]
- PENTASA® Suppositories 1g - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 15 July 2022]