By PHARMA TECH INDIA PVT LTD
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Meroguard Injection is used to treat severe and serious infections caused by various infection-causing bacteria. Meroguard Injection contains meropenem as its active ingredient. It is a higher-end antibiotic. Meropenem works by killing bacteria that cause infection. This medicine will be administered under medical supervision. Inform your doctor if you have any other medical conditions or if you are on any other medication or supplements....
Uses of Meroguard Inj
- Meroguard Injection is used to treat severe bacterial infections.
Contraindications of Meroguard Inj
If you are allergic to meropenem, any other antibiotics or any other ingredients of Meroguard Injection
Side effects of Meroguard Inj
Pain, inflammation, swelling, redness at the injection site, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, rash, headache, stomach ache
Precautions and Warnings of Meroguard Inj
Can I take Meroguard Injection during pregnancy?
Meroguard Injection should be used only if prescribed by your doctor. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you are pregnant or planning a baby.
Can I take Meroguard Injection while breastfeeding?
There is limited information available about the effect of Meroguard Injection on breastfeeding. Thus it should be used only if prescribed by your doctor. Consult your doctor for further details.
Can I drive if I have consumed Meroguard Injection?
Meroguard Injection does not affect your ability to drive. However, if you have a headache, tingling numbness in your hands or legs then avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Meroguard Injection?
There is limited information available about the effect of alcohol of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have diarrhoea after taking & during treatment
- You experience an allergic reaction (rashes, itching, swelling, dizziness, breathlessness)
- You have existing liver or kidney disease
- You have a history of fits and other brain problems
- You are on any medications
Mode of Action of Meroguard Inj
How Does It Work?
Meropenem inhibits the formation of the bacterial cell wall and thus killing the bacteria which causes the infection.
Directions for Use of Meroguard Inj
Meroguard Injection will be given in a hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection. Do not self-inject this medicine.
Interactions of Meroguard Inj
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Meroguard Injection works, or Meroguard Injection itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat blood thinners like warfarin, medicines for brain-related disorders such as valproic acid and medicines used to treat gout such as probenecid.
Storage and disposal of Meroguard Inj
- Store in a cool dry place. Protect it from light.
- Do not freeze.
Dosage of Meroguard Inj
Meroguard Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse thus chances of overdose are unlikely. However, if you experience any discomfort or specific symptoms inform your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
It is unlikely that the dose of Meroguard Injection will be missed if you are monitored in a healthcare setup. However, if you have missed any dose of this injection inform your doctor or nurse immediately....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Meroguard Injection be used to relieve pain?
A: No, Meroguard Injection is not a pain killer. This medicine only treats severe bacterial infections.
Q: I have fever, cough and cold, can I take Meroguard Injection?
A: No, Meroguard Injection is not for normal infections. It is for serious complicated infections like pneumonia etc. Also, it is not helpful against viruses or flu.
Q: Is Meroguard Injection an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Meroguard Injection is an antibiotic.
Expires on or After