Melzap Md 0.25mg Tablet
Melzap Md 0.25 MG Description
Melzap Md Tablet belongs to the Benzodiazepine group of medicines. It is used for the treatment of seizures and anxiety. Melzap Md Tablet increases the concentration of the chemical gamma-Aminobutyri
c acid (GABA) in the brain, which produces a calming effect in stress and prevents the occurrence of seizures in epilepsy. The active component of Tab Melzap Md is Clonazepam. It may also be used to relieve panic attacks. Take Melzap Md Tablet as directed by your physician. Do not abruptly discontinue taking medicine without consulting your doctor first, which may cause withdrawal symptoms. Some of the side effects of Melzap Md Tablet may be dizziness, muscle weakness or impaired coordination. The medicine may have a habit-forming tendency, especially if taken for a long duration or in higher doses. Hence, following your doctor’s directions is essential while taking this medicine. If you have a liver or kidney illness history, inform your doctor before starting the medication. Similarly, if you are pregnant or nursing, inform your doctor accordingly.
|Uses||Anxiety Disorder, Seizures|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, unsteadiness, difficulties with coordination, visual disturbances|
Uses of Melzap Md 0.25 MG
- Treatment of Anxiety Disorder
- Treatment of Epilepsy/Seizures
Contraindications of Melzap Md 0.25 MG
- Tab Melzap Md may be contraindicated in :
- Hypersensitivity to any components of Melzap Md Tablet
- Liver disease
Side effects of Melzap Md 0.25 MG
- Melzap Md Tablet may have the following side effects:
- Difficulties with coordination
- Muscular or joint discomfort
- Visual difficulties
Precautions and Warnings of Melzap Md 0.25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of liver or kidney illness, inform your doctor before starting the medicine.
- You are pregnant or nursing, inform your doctor accordingly.
- You're about to have a surgery or dental procedure.
- Patients using this medication should avoid jobs that require mental attention, such as operating heavy equipment or driving.
Mode of Action of Melzap Md 0.25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Melzap Md 0.25 MG
- Follow your doctor's instructions on the dosage and duration of this medication.
- Wet hands shouldn’t be used to touch the tablets.
- Melzap Md Tablet can be taken with or without meals.
- Take it at the same time every day for better efficacy.
- Do not crush or break the tablets. Take it who;e with water.
Interactions of Melzap Md 0.25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Melzap Tablet may interact with :
Interactions with food items
- Alcohol and grape juice may interact with Tablet Melzap Md.
Storage and disposal of Melzap Md 0.25 MG
Dosage of Melzap Md 0.25 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Divya Rohra
Dr. Anuj Tiwari
MBBS, DNB Medicine
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Melzap Md Tablet be taken in kidney diseases?
Q: Can Melzap Md Tablet be taken in old age?
Q: Can I get addicted to Melzap Md Tablet?
- Browne TR. Clonazepam. New England Journal of Medicine. 1978 Oct 12;299(15):812-6.
- Browne TR. Clonazepam: a review of a new anticonvulsant drug. Archives of neurology. 1976 May 1;33(5):326-32.
- Finder RM, Brogden RN, Speight TM, Avery GS. Clonazepam: a review of its pharmacological properties and therapeutic efficacy in epilepsy. Drugs. 1976 Nov;12(5):321-61.
- Jethwa, Ketan & Cavanna, Andrea. (2015). Clonazepam monotherapy for treating people with epilepsy. 10.1002/14651858.CD011846.`