Meloxi 7.5mg Tablets
Meloxi 7.5 MG Description
Meloxi Tablet is pain-relieving medicine also known as a pain killer. It contains meloxicam as its active ingredient. Meloxi is used for the treatment of pain and inflammation associated with various
conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, joint and muscle pain. This medicine acts by inhibiting the release of the natural chemical substances responsible for the sensation of pain and inflammation. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor. You can take Meloxi with or without food, but it is recommended to take this medicine with food to avoid stomach upset.
Uses of Meloxi 7.5 MG
Contraindications of Meloxi 7.5 MG
- If you are allergic to meloxicam, or any ingredients present in Meloxi Tablet.
- If you have a history of any problem related to the stomach and intestine.
- If you have active stomach and intestinal bleeding, ulcers, or inflammation.
- If you are taking a blood thinner or painkiller medicines.
- If you have any known history of symptoms like asthma, nasal problems or hives, etc after taking NSAID medicine like aspirin.
- If you are pregnant especially, in the third trimester of pregnancy.
- If you have heart severe heart problems.
- If you have liver or kidney problems.
- It should not be used as perioperative medicine to provide relief from bypass surgery.
- Meloxi should not be used for children below 16 years of age.
Side effects of Meloxi 7.5 MG
- Abdominal pain
- Flatulence (gas)
Precautions and Warnings of Meloxi 7.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of stomach or intestinal bleeding, perforations or ulcers.
- You experience stomach or intestinal bleeding after taking this medicine.
- You are an elderly person.
- You have any medical condition such as heart, liver, brain or kidney disease.
- You have or had experienced any allergic reaction after taking this medicine.
- You are planning a pregnancy or you are pregnant.
- You have an electrolyte (salt) imbalance in the body.
Mode of Action of Meloxi 7.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Meloxi 7.5 MG
- Meloxi Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. It can be taken before or after food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Meloxi 7.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Meloxi Tablet works, or Meloxi itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially if you take medicines like aspirin or other NSAID, blood thinner medicines, corticosteroids, digoxin for a heart condition, medicines for brain-related problems, immunomodulatory medicines, medicines to treat high blood pressure, antibiotics or heart failure....
Storage and disposal of Meloxi 7.5 MG
- Store Meloxi in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired medicines. Discard any unused medicine properly.
Dosage of Meloxi 7.5 MG
- Overdose of Meloxi may cause tiredness, drowsiness, nausea, vomiting and chest pain.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, immediately contact your treating doctor or visit your nearby hospital. Always carry the package of the tablet along with you for easy assessment of the severity of an overdose....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Meloxi Tablet an antibiotic?
Q: Can Meloxi Tablet be used for knee pain?
- Meloxicam 15mg Orodispersible Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 7 June 2022]
- Meloxicam 15mg Orodispersible Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 7 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdsco.gov. 2022 [cited 7 June 2022]