Meditrex 10mg Tablet
By OVERSEAS HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Meditrex 10 MG Description
Meditrex Tablet is used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and psoriasis. It contains methotrexate as an active ingredient. You should never suggest this medicine to anyone, even if their condi
tion is similar to yours. The doctor will decide the dosage and frequency of this medicine based on your clinical condition. You should take this medicine exactly as suggested by your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or breastfeeding. Also inform about all the medicines and supplements you are taking and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Meditrex Tablet.
|Uses||Psoriasis and rheumatoid arthritis|
|Side effects||Stomach discomfort, mouth ulcers, nausea, muscle pain|
Check more medicines with composition as Methotrexate(10.0 Mg)
Uses of Meditrex 10 MG
Meditrex Tablet is indicated for the treatment of psoriasis and rheumatoid arthritis, in patients who have tried other treatments but their illness have not improved.
Contraindications of Meditrex 10 MG
- If you are allergic to methotrexate or any of the ingredients of Meditrex Tablet.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have any underlying medical conditions like liver or kidney disorders.
- If you have low levels of white blood cells and platelets.
- If you recently had an injection of live vaccines.
- If you have mouth ulcers or ulcers in the stomach/intestine.
- If you are an alcoholic.
Side effects of Meditrex 10 MG
- Stomach discomfort
- Mouth ulcers
- Muscle pain
Precautions and Warnings of Meditrex 10 MG
Can I take Meditrex Tablet during pregnancy?
Meditrex Tablet is contraindicated for use in pregnancy. Women who are capable of becoming pregnant should use effective methods of birth control during treatment with Meditrex Tablet.
Can I take Meditrex Tablet while breastfeeding?
Meditrex Tablet is contraindicated for use in breastfeeding women.
Can I drive if I have consumed Meditrex Tablet?
Meditrex Tablet may cause tiredness and dizziness. If you experience any such effects after taking this medicine that may affect your ability to drive safely, it is suggested to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Meditrex Tablet?
No, the consumption of alcohol is contraindicated during treatment with Meditrex Tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any medical condition like blood disorder, kidney disorder, intestinal disorder, lung disease, a brain-related disorder.
- You have mouth ulcers.
- You have diabetes or are being treated with insulin.
Mode of Action of Meditrex 10 MG
How Does It Work?
- Meditrex Tablet stops or reduces inflammation in rheumatoid arthritis by altering the body’s defenses.
- In psoriasis, it kills the cells in the skin, which are growing too quickly. It is these fast growing cells, which cause the raised patches of skin in psoriasis.
Directions for Use of Meditrex 10 MG
- Take Meditrex Tablet as a whole with sufficient water.
- Do not chew, crush or break it.
- Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
Interactions of Meditrex 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Meditrex Tablet works, or this Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Particular care should be taken if you are taking medicines to treat diabetes (metformin), pain (phenylbutazone), fluid accumulation (furosemide), bacterial infection (tetracycline), fits/seizures (phenytoin), cancer (doxorubicin), gout (probenecid)....
Storage and disposal of Meditrex 10 MG
- Store Meditrex Tablet in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Meditrex 10 MG
Symptoms of overdose of Meditrex Tablet include nausea, vomiting, and mouth ulcers. If you think you have taken too much of Meditrex Tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of the Meditrex Tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I let my healthcare provider know before using Meditrex Tablet?
A: It is advisable to inform your doctor about the complete medical history, any history of alcoholism and liver disorders due to alcoholism, immunodeficiency syndrome, anaemia, low count of white blood cells and low count of platelets before starting treatment with Meditrex Tablet.
Q: How long will it take to feel better with the intake of Meditrex Tablet?
A: It may take several months to experience the full benefit of Meditrex Tablet until then do not stop or alter the course on your own.
Q: What is the use of Meditrex Tablet?
A: Meditrex Tablet is indicated for the treatment of psoriasis and rheumatoid arthritis, in patients who have tried other treatments but whose illness has not improved
Q: Is Meditrex Tablet a painkiller medicine?
A: No, Meditrex Tablet is not a painkiller medicine. It is an immunosuppressant medicine that is used to stop or reduce the inflammation in rheumatoid arthritis and treat psoriasis.
- Maxtrex 2.5 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Medex tablet [Internet]. medex.com.bd. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Maxtrex 2.5 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed