Mdd Xr 100mg Tablet
Mdd Xr 100 MG Description
Mdd Xr Tablet includes Desvenlafaxine as an active ingredient. It is a prescription medicine used for depression. Mdd Xr Tablet is the primary active metabolite of venlafaxine. It also increases the
mount of chemical serotonin in the brain, which improves the patient's mood and symptoms of depression. Mdd Xr Tablet should not be taken without a clinician’s consultation. It is advised to take medicine at the same time of the day with or without food. The dose should be slowly increased after giving lower doses. Sudden stoppage of Mdd Xr Tablet can lead to withdrawal symptoms such as anxiety, dizziness, sleep disturbances, restlessness, palpitations etc.
Uses of Mdd Xr 100 MG
- Treatment of depression
Contraindications of Mdd Xr 100 MG
- If you are allergic to Mdd Xr Tablet or its active ingredient
- If you have suicidal tendencies
- If you have kidney or liver disease
- If you have a respiratory disease
- If you have any cardiovascular diseases
- If you have diabetes mellitus
- If you have seizure disorders
- Mdd Xr Tablet is unsuitable for children under 18
Side effects of Mdd Xr 100 MG
- Dryness in mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Increased sweating
Precautions and Warnings of Mdd Xr 100 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have to start other medicines.
- You get self-harming thoughts.
- You want to stop the medicine. Sudden stoppage of Mdd Xr tablets can result in treatment failure or the development of medicine resistance, leading to serious health issues.
- Talk to your doctor about your medical history. Some conditions can make you more susceptible to side effects or intensify them.
- Mdd Xr Tablets should not be given to children without consulting the doctor.
Mode of Action of Mdd Xr 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Mdd Xr 100 MG
- Mdd Xr Tablet should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor.
- Mdd Xr Tablet should be swallowed as a whole with water.
- Mdd Xr Tablet should not be broken, chewed or crushed.
- It is advisable to take Mdd Xr Tablet with an antacid that contains aluminium at least four hours before or after taking medicine. Seek medical advice.
- Mdd Xr Tablet should not be skipped, even after the resolution of the symptoms.
- Sudden stoppage of Mdd Xr Tablet can lead to treatment failure or the development of withdrawal symptoms, leading to severe side effects.
Interactions of Mdd Xr 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- When serotonergic agents interact with Mdd Xr Tablet, it leads to serotonin syndrome.
- It is contraindicated to take Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors with Mdd Xr Tablet.
Interactions with food items
- Mdd Xr Tablet does not show any interaction with food.