Maxiflo Forte Rotacaps
Maxiflo Forte Rotacaps Description
Maxiflo Forte Rotacap is an anti-asthmatic medication. It contains a combination of fluticasone and formoterol as active substances. Maxiflo Forte Rotacap is used to prevent breathing difficulties du
e to asthma and other chest conditions. It also helps you to stop wheezing and becoming breathless. Use this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Before using Maxiflo Forte Rotacap, inform your doctor if you are pregnant/breastfeeding and about your complete medical history. This medicine should not be used in children under 12 years of age.
Uses of Maxiflo Forte Rotacaps
Contraindications of Maxiflo Forte Rotacaps
- If you are allergic to fluticasone, formoterol or any ingredients listed in this medicine.
- If you have an intolerance to certain sugars (galactose intolerance).
Side effects of Maxiflo Forte Rotacaps
- Sore throat
- Hoarseness of voice
- Infections of sinus, respiratory infections
- Altered taste sensation
Precautions and Warnings of Maxiflo Forte Rotacaps
Other General Warnings
- You have a thyroid disease or you are diabetic.
- You are suffering from fungal, bacterial or viral infections.
- You are suffering from high blood pressure or heart diseases.
- You have low levels of potassium in the blood.
- You are pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
- You have eye problems like glaucoma or cataract.
- You have disorders related to the immune system, kidney or liver.
- You are taking any other steroid medicines orally or an injectable.
- You notice worsening of symptoms after using this inhaler.
Mode of Action of Maxiflo Forte Rotacaps
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Maxiflo Forte Rotacaps
- Learn the proper technique of using Maxiflo Forte Rotacap from your doctor, if possible use it in front of them for the first time so that they may check.
- Maxiflo Forte Rotacap is meant for inhalation purpose only, do not swallow
- Rinse your mouth with water and spit out after using this medicine
Interactions of Maxiflo Forte Rotacaps
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of some blood pressure-lowering medicines (propranolol, atenolol, water pills) along with Maxiflo Forte Rotacap should be done with caution.
- Medicines to treat fungal and bacterial infections (ketoconazole, itraconazole, erythromycin) and antiviral medicines (ritonavir, cobicistat-containing products) may worsen the side effects if given along with this medicine....
- If steroid tablets or injections are going on, the use of inhalers should be done judiciously as it may add up to side effects.
- Tell your doctor about all ongoing medicines and herbal supplements before you start this treatment.
Storage and disposal of Maxiflo Forte Rotacaps
- Keep the container tightly closed. Store below 25° Celsius in a dry place, protected from heat and moisture. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Maxiflo Forte Rotacaps
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Maxiflo Forte Rotacap contain steroids?
- Yes, Maxiflo Forte Rotacap contains a steroid medicine that is very effective in improving the symptoms of breathing difficulties due to asthma. Inhaled steroids have comparatively lesser side effects than steroid tablets or injections....
Q: What precautions should I take while using Maxiflo Forte Rotacap?
- Make sure you always keep Maxiflo Forte Rotacap with you.
- Get a new refill/inhaler well in advance.
- Make sure you are using it in the correct way.
- If you observe any worsening of symptoms or side effects, inform your doctor about it.
- Rinse your mouth, after 15 minutes of using an inhaler every time.
- Maintain good oral hygiene.
- Ciplamed. Maxiflo [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 25 September 2022]
- Fluticasone+Formoterol - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 September 2022]
- CDSCO.Fluticasone+Formoterol [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 25 September 2022]
- Breathefree breathefree.com Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 25 September 2022]