Maxgalin M 50mg Capsule
By SUN PHARMA
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Maxgalin M 50mg Capsule Description
Maxgalin M 50 capsule is a combination of pregabalin and methylcobalamin. It is useful in relieving pain associated with abnormal functioning of the nervous system. This capsule is not intended to be
used in children below 18 years of age. Tell your doctor about your ongoing medications before taking this medicine.
|You Save||₹20.55 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Pregabalin(50.0 Mg) + Vitamin B12 / Mecobalamin / Cynocobalamin / Methylcobalamin(500.0 Mcg)|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY|
Check more medicines with composition as Pregabalin(50.0 Mg) + Vitamin B12 / Mecobalamin / Cynocobalamin / Methylcobalamin(500.0 Mcg)
Uses of Maxgalin M 50mg Capsule
Treatment of neuropathic pain, a condition of an abnormal painful sensation in different body parts due to damage in a part of the brain responsible for sensing the external stimuli.
Contraindications of Maxgalin M 50mg Capsule
If you are allergic to pregabalin and methylcobalamine or any of the ingredient of Maxgalin M 50 capsule.
Side effects of Maxgalin M 50mg Capsule
- Dry mouth
- Impaired balance
- Swelling of body
- Blurred vision
- Weight gain
Precautions and Warnings of Maxgalin M 50mg Capsule
Can I take Maxgalin M 50 capsule during pregnancy?
It is advised not to take Maxgalin M 50 capsule during pregnancy until considered essential by the doctor and potential risk justifies the benefits. Use effective contraception if you are a woman of childbearing age and taking this medicine.
Can I take Maxgalin M 50 capsule while breastfeeding?
It is recommended not to breastfeed during the treatment as it may harm the newborn baby. Your doctor will decide whether to discontinue breastfeeding or this medicine after assessing the benefits over risk.
Can I drive if I have consumed Maxgalin M 50 capsule?
Maxgalin M 50 capsule can impair your driving ability as you may experience side effects like dizziness, sleepiness after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Maxgalin M 50 capsule?
It is advised not to consume alcohol when you are taking Maxgalin M 50 capsule as it may increase side effects like dizziness, drowsiness and can also impair your normal body movements.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience swelling around your face and other body parts or difficulty in breathing, immediately seek medical help.
- You have a heart failure problem.
- You experience allergies like bumps and swelling in the skin, itching, etc. after taking this medicine.
- This medicine can cause dizziness and this can lead to accidental injury (fall) in elderly patients. Be cautious if you are an elderly patient or giving this medicine to an elderly patient.
- You are experiencing vision problems or dizziness and sleepiness.
- You are experiencing muscle weakness, pain, discomfort, tenderness. This can be a sign of a muscle problem called myopathy inform your doctor immediately.
- You may get negative self-harming thoughts after taking this medicine, talk to your doctor immediately.
- You have a history of fits, then never stop this medicine abruptly, your doctor shall gradually decrease the dose.
Mode of Action of Maxgalin M 50mg Capsule
How Does It Work?
Pregabalin works by reducing the release of a chemical (neurotransmitter) in the brain responsible for the sensation of pain, whereas methylcobalamin (vitamin B12) helps in the formation of nerve cells and regeneration of damaged nerves....
Directions for Use of Maxgalin M 50mg Capsule
- Maxgalin M 50 capsule should be taken as a whole with a sufficient amount of water with or without food.
- Do not stop the medicine abruptly on your own, as it can lead to diarrhoea, lack of sleep, nausea, fits. In case it has to be stopped, your doctor shall gradually decrease the dose.
Interactions of Maxgalin M 50mg Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- You may experience dizziness and drowsiness if you are taking medicines for brain disorders such as mood disorders, fits and sleep disorders along with Maxgalin M 50 capsule.
- You may experience water retention and swelling if you take anti-diabetic medicine like pioglitazone with this medicine be cautious if you have an existing heart failure problem.
- The interaction of this medicine with other medicines is not clearly understood. Thus, you should tell your doctor about all the medicines you are currently taking or had taken in the last few days.
Storage and disposal of Maxgalin M 50mg Capsule
- Store Maxgalin M 50 capsule below 30°C away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Maxgalin M 50mg Capsule
If you think you have taken too much of Maxgalin M 50 capsule contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Do not take a double dose if you have missed the dose, take the next dose as soon as you remember. If it is already time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and follow your normal dosing schedule....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is the Maxgalin M 50 capsule a normal painkiller?
A: Maxgalin M 50 is used to treat pain associated with nerve damage in the brain. This kind of pain is not cured by normal painkillers. Do not use it as a normal painkiller and you should take this medicine only if prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can I stop taking Maxgalin M 50 capsule on my own?
- No, you should not stop taking Maxgalin M 50 capsule on your own even if you feel better. Your doctor will decide when to stop this or reduce the dose. If you suddenly stop this medicine, you may feel symptoms like sleeplessness, headache, nausea, anxiety, diarrhoea, flu, nervousness, depression, pain, fits, sweating and dizziness after discontinuation of therapy with this medicine. Hence, your doctor will gradually decrease the dose before stopping it....
Q: Why should Maxgalin M 50 capsule be used cautiously in elderly patients?
- Maxgalin M 50 capsule may cause dizziness, thus in the case of elderly patients, this dizziness may increase the risk of falling. Also, this medicine is known to cause blurred vision, mental confusion, negative thoughts and fluid retention all of which can cause serious issues in elderly patient thus use this medicine with caution in them....
Q: Can Maxgalin M 50 capsule be used in children?
- No, Maxgalin M 50 capsule is not recommended to be used in children below 18 years of age due to its increased risk of side effects.
- Alzain 25 mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 21 June 2021]
- Lyrica Capsule [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 21 June 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 21 June 2021]
- Office of Dietary Supplements - Vitamin B12 [Internet]. Ods.od.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 21 June 2021]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed