Mahacef 200mg Tablet
Mahacef 200 MG Description
Mahacef 200 tablet is an antibiotic medicine containing cefixime. It is used for the treatment of bacterial infections. Some infections such as urinary tract, lungs, throat and airways, gallbladder and bile duct. Mahacef 200 is also used in the treatment of typhoid fever.
Cefixime in Mahacef 200 works by interrupting the synthesis of bacterial cell walls, which eventually leads to the death of the bacteria. You should always complete the course of antibiotics. Take Mahacef tablet with meals to avoid stomach upset. Do not miss any dose or stop taking this medicine on your own, as stopping the course leads to antibiotic resistance and the recurrence of infection.
Other tablets with cefixime include Taxim O 200mg tablet, Zifi 200mg tablet, Cefix 200mg tablet, Ceftas 200mg tablet, and Cefolac 200mg tablet. Before using tab Mahacef 200, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history, including all the medicines you are currently taking.
|You Save||₹13.91 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, itching, skin rash|
Uses of Mahacef 200 MG
Contraindications of Mahacef 200 MG
Side effects of Mahacef 200 MG
- Watery diarrhoea
- Stomach pain
- Itching or skin rash
- Sore throat
Precautions and Warnings of Mahacef 200 MG
- It is unknown whether Mahacef 200 passes into human milk. It is advised to discontinue nursing temporarily if you are treated with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney disease or kidney failure.
- You have severe skin adverse reactions.
- You are suffering from encephalopathy (fits, confusion, altered consciousness, feeling less alert).
- You are suffering from a condition called haemolytic anaemia (breakdown of red blood cells).
Directions for Use of Mahacef 200 MG
- Take Mahacef 200 tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water.
- You should take this medicine regularly without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than the prescribed medicine. Do not discontinue the medicine on your own.
Storage and disposal of Mahacef 200 MG
- Store below 25°C, protected from light.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Quick Tips of Mahacef 200 MG
- Complete the course of Mahacef 200 tablet given by your doctor. Do not miss any doses and take your medicine on time.
- Mahacef 200 is a higher antibiotic and reserved for specific infections only, do not self-medicate with this medicine. Take proper medical advice before taking this medicine.
- Inform your doctor about all other medicines you take and your medical history if any.
- Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain and indigestion can be seen as side effects of this medicine, inform your doctor if the side effects do not resolve over time.
- Mahacef 200 tablet should be taken as prescribed by your doctor and for the duration it has been prescribed.
Dosage of Mahacef 200 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Mahacef 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Mahacef 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Mahacef 200 tablet works, or Mahacef 200 tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Blood thinners or anticoagulants such as warfarin should be used cautiously while taking this antibiotic as there are chances of bleeding.
- Mahacef 200 tablet can increase the levels of carbamazepine, used as an anticonvulsant for epilepsy, fits and seizures. Thus, concomitant use should be avoided.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Mahacef 200 tablet?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
Q: I was given Mahacef 200 tablet for a urinary tract infection, after taking it for two days, I am feeling perfectly fine, can I discontinue taking this medicine?
Q: Can I stop taking Mahacef 200 tablet on my own if I feel better?
Q: Can I take Mahacef 200 tablet if I have a fever?
Q: Can I take Mahacef 200 tablet for a stomach infection?
Q: Why do I experience diarrhoea after taking Mahacef 200 tablet?
Q: What is the composition of Mahacef 200?
Q: Can Mahacef 200 be used in treating UTI?
Q: How do you take Mahacef 200 tablet?
Q: Is Mahacef CV 200 antibiotic?
Q: Is Mahacef-plus used for typhoid?
Q: Can I use a Mahacef 200 tablet for a severe cold?
- Suprax 200 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 19 April 2022]
- DailyMed - CEFIXIME capsule [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 19 April 2022]
- Ziprax Tablet [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 19 April 2022]
- Suprax 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 19 April 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 19 April 2022]