Lonazep Md 0.5mg Tablet
Lonazep Md 0.5 MG Description
Lonazep Md tablet is a prescription medication used in the treatment of mood disorders, anxiety disorders, depression and epilepsy (seizures). It consists of clonazepam as an active ingredient, which
belongs to the class of depressants or tranquillisers (medicines that reduce anxiety, fear, etc.). It reduces the neurological activity in the brain by increasing a chemical messenger. Anxiety and other mood disorders affect the way you feel. It can sometimes be accompanied by major depressive disorder. Epilepsy is a condition caused due to overactivity of the brain. Lonazep Md tablet help in stabilising the mood by lowering the excess activity of nerves in the brain. Lonazep Md tablet has a few side effects, and most of them do not need any treatment unless they get serious or persist for a long time. It can cause behavioural changes and increase the suicidal thoughts/tendencies. It also causes dependency if you use it for a long duration. So, it is important to monitor the dosage and use it for a short duration. Also, you should not stop using this medicine suddenly as it can cause withdrawal symptoms like tremors, sweating, nausea, muscle pain, etc.
|You Save||₹5.22 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||anxiety disorder, a few types of seizure disorder, comorbid depression, panic disorder|
|Side effects||dizziness, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, memory problems, confusion, depression, drowsiness, blurred vision, muscle pain, difficulty speaking, increased salivation, suicidal thoughts.|
Uses of Lonazep Md 0.5 MG
- As per CDSCO, Lonazep Md tablets are used in,
- Managing conditions such as comorbid depression(depression associated with other conditions).
- Treatment of anxiety disorder and panic disorders(both are types of mood disorders).
- Treatment of certain types of seizure disorders, like myoclonic and akinetic seizures.
Contraindications of Lonazep Md 0.5 MG
- If you are allergic to any ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have a severe liver disease.
- If you are already pregnant or planning to get pregnant.
- If you have any self-harming or suicidal thoughts.
- If you have narrow-angle glaucoma, an eye condition will increase the fluid pressure inside the eye, this medicine can worsen the condition.
- If you have any history of medicine or alcohol abuse.
- If you have been diagnosed with severe depression.
- If you have any respiratory diseases or lung conditions, this medicine causes excess secretions causing breathing problems.
- If you have been diagnosed with certain blood disorders.
Side effects of Lonazep Md 0.5 MG
- Memory problems
- Blurred vision
- Difficulty in speaking
- Increased salivation
- Suicidal thoughts
- Difficulty in breathing
- Increased lung secretions
Precautions and Warnings of Lonazep Md 0.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a surgery or a dental procedure planned.
- You experience side effects that are persistent or worsen in time.
- You have suicidal thoughts or experience a change in mood or behaviour after taking Lonazep Md Tablets.
- You need to do something that requires steady focus, this medicine can cause difficulties with concentration.
- You are an elderly person over 65 years of age. Lonazep Md tablet can cause exaggerated side effects due to slow metabolism.
- You are obese. The dose needs to be monitored
- You have kidney or liver conditions.
- You have withdrawal symptoms such as sweating, stuffy nose, vomiting, nausea, etc. Th dose of this medicine needs to be slowly tapered.
- You are taking any herbal or ayurvedic supplements like St john’s wort, herbal medicine that helps manage depression.
Mode of Action of Lonazep Md 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Lonazep Md 0.5 MG
- Take the Lonazep Md tablet exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not exceed the dose, even if you cannot notice its effects.
- Do not break or chew Lonazep Md tablet.
- Take the pill as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not take it with other medications without informing your doctor.
- Do not use it if the package has been opened.
Interactions of Lonazep Md 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Lonazep Md tablet interacts with many medications. Inform your doctor about all medicines you are currently using.
- Do not use other sedatives or antidepressant medicines if you are using this medicine. The reactions between them can cause unwanted effects. Inform your doctor if you have used any in the last 14 days....
- When using Lonazep Md tablet, do not use opiates or narcotic pain relievers (codeine, oxycodone, fentanyl, tramadol, etc.), allergy medicine, cold or cough medicine with this tablet. It can cause extreme drowsiness....
- If you are using antibiotics, antifungals, HIV medicine, etc., inform your doctor, as the dose may need to be adjusted.
Interactions with food items
- There are no known food interactions with Lonazep Md tablets. You can take this tablet with or without food. If you are experiencing any stomach issues, take it after food.
Storage and disposal of Lonazep Md 0.5 MG
Dosage of Lonazep Md 0.5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use the Lonazep Md tablet as a sleeping pill?
Q: Will I experience any physical dependency if I take a Lonazep Md tablet every day?
Q: For how long should I take the Lonazep Md tablet?
- S; M. Clonazepam as a therapeutic adjunct to improve the management of depression: A brief review [Internet]. Human psychopharmacology. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Jan21]. Available from:
- Clonazepam: Medlineplus Drug Information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Jan21]. Available from
- The efficacy and safety of clonazepam in patients with anxiety disorder taking newer antidepressants: A multicenter naturalistic study [Internet]. Clinical psychopharmacology and neuroscience : the official scientific journal of the Korean College of Neuropsychopharmacology. Korean College of Neuropsychopharmacology; 2016 [cited 2022 Jan 21]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 2022 Jan 21]. Available from: