Lisifen 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By ZYDUS HEALTHCARE LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lisifen 20 MG Description
Lisifen Tablet contains Leflunomide as its active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of active rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis. It is meant for use only in adult patients. Use of t
his medicine in children and adolescents is not recommended. This medicine should not be taken by pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹24.00 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Active rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS|
Check more medicines with composition as Leflunomide(20.0 Mg)
Uses of Lisifen 20 MG
Lisifen Tablet is used in adults to treat active rheumatoid arthritis (a condition that cause pain and swelling in the joints) and psoriatic arthritis (a type of arthritis that affects some people who have the skin condition called psoriasis)....
Contraindications of Lisifen 20 MG
- If you are allergic to Leflunomide or any other ingredients of Lisifen Tablet.
- If you are suffering from any severe liver or kidney disease.
- If you are pregnant and breastfeeding.
- If you have decreased platelet and white blood cell counts or an bone marrow problem.
- If you have low numbers of proteins in your blood.
- If you are suffering from any disease that affects your immunity system like AIDS.
- If you have any serious infection.
Side effects of Lisifen 20 MG
- Headache, dizziness
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain, diarrhea
- Loss of appetite, weight loss
- Tiredness, weakness
- Mouth ulcers
- Skin rashes, dry skin, itching
- Tingling sensation
- increased liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Lisifen 20 MG
Can I take Lisifen Tablet during pregnancy?
- Lisifen Tablet must not be used during pregnancy as it may cause some serious birth defects in unborn baby.
- If you are pregnant or think you may be (or if there is any delay in onset of menses), you should consult your doctor immediately.
- When pregnancy is detected, this medicine should be discontinued immediately.
- Proper birth control measures should be taken while consuming it for at least 2 years after the final dose or up to 11 days after the treatment (washout period).
- It is essential to consult your doctor, if you think you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby, before starting treatment with this medicine.
Can I take Lisifen Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if Leflunomide passes into breast milk, hence you should not breast feed, while taking Lisifen Tablet. Please consult your doctor before using this medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Lisifen Tablet?
Lisifen Tablet may make you dizzy, thus you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Lisifen Tablet?
Consuming alcohol along with Lisifen Tablet, may increase the risk of liver problems. Thus you should avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You had any lung diseases like interstitial lung disease
- You have ever had tuberculosis or have been in contact with someone who had the disease.
- You are going to be vaccinated.
- You are breastfeeding.
- You are pregnant, think you may be or are planning to have a baby.
- You are a male patent and want to be father.
- You notice any allergic reaction or unwanted side effects after taking Lisifen Tablet, immediately contact your doctor.
- You should let the doctor, or the laboratory person know that you are using this medicine while going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with the lab tests.
- Lisifen Tablet is not recommended for use in patients below the age of 18 years old.
Mode of Action of Lisifen 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Leflunomide in Lisifen Tablet works by weakening or suppressing the immune system. This suppression decreases the swelling, pain and stiffness and improves function.
Directions for Use of Lisifen 20 MG
Lisifen Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Lisifen 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Lisifen Tablet may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Concomitant use of anticoagulants like warfarin along with this medicine can increase the risk of bleeding.
- Live vaccines can interact with this medicine, thus concomitant use is not recommended.
- Concomitant use of Lisifen Tablet along with Cholestyramine or activated charcoal is not recommended.
- Cyclosporin used in organ transplantation can also be inappropriate to take with this medicine.
- Other medicines like Methotrexate, oral contraceptives, cefaclor, indomethacin, benzylpenicillin, ciprofloxacin, zidovudine, furosemide, rosuvastatin, sulfasalazine should be used with ion along with Lisifen Tablet....
Interactions with food items
Lisifen Tablet can be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Lisifen 20 MG
Store Lisifen Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Lisifen 20 MG
Symptoms of overdose may be stomach pain, nausea, diarrhoea, increased liver enzymes, anemia, itching and rash. Seek medical attention in case you have consumed too much of Lisifen Tablet.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose of Lisifen Tablet, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Lisifen Tablet?
A: Lisifen Tablet is used in adults to treat active rheumatoid arthritis (a condition that cause pain and swelling in the joints) and psoriatic arthritis (a type of arthritis that affects some people who have the skin condition called psoriasis).
Q: How to take Lisifen Tablet?
A: Lisifen Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, with or without food. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
Q: Should I take Lisifen Tablet with or without food?
A: Lisifen Tablet can be taken with or without food.
Q: Can Lisifen Tablet be given to children?
A: No, Lisifen Tablet is not recommended for use in patients below the age of 18 years old.
- Leflunomide Tillomed 20 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- Leflunomide Tillomed 20 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- CDSCO. Leflunomide [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed