Lipirose 10mg Tablet
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lipirose Tablet contains rosuvastatin, which belongs to the class of medicines called statins. These are used along with lifestyle modifications such as a cholesterol-lowering diet and physical activity. It is also known as 'Statins' or 'HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors' medicine. High cholesterol levels cause narrowing of blood vessels that ultimately leads to heart stroke/attack. This medicine lowers the formation of bad cholesterol in the body by inhibiting the enzyme responsible for cholesterol formation. Take this medicine preferably at bedtime to gain optimum outcomes. Along with this medicine, you should practice exercise and consume less fried, junk and packaged food.
Uses of Lipirose 10mg Tablet
- It is used in the treatment of high cholesterol levels.
- It is also known to prevent cardiovascular events like stroke and reduce the risk of a heart attack.
Contraindications of Lipirose 10mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have severe liver or kidney diseases.
- If you have unexplained muscle pain.
- If you are taking medicines like cyclosporin.
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- If you have hypothyroidism (an underactive thyroid).
- If you are an alcoholic.
Side effects of Lipirose 10mg Tablet
- Feeling sick
- Stomach pain
- Muscle pain
- Feeling weak
Precautions and Warnings of Lipirose 10mg Tablet
Can I take Lipirose Tablet during pregnancy?
Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant or if you are planning a pregnancy. Taking this medicine in pregnancy can be harmful to the foetus. Women of childbearing age should use effective contraceptive methods while using this medicine.
Can I take Lipirose Tablet while breastfeeding?
A small amount of this medicine passes into the breastmilk. Limited data is available about the safety of Rosuvastatin during breastfeeding. It is unsafe to consume this medicine if you are planning to breastfeed the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Lipirose Tablet?
This medicine does not influence your ability to drive, however, as this medicine is known to cause dizziness, hence caution is advised while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Lipirose Tablet?
Caution is advised if you are consuming an excess of alcohol as it may result in liver damage.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any underlying medical condition like kidney or liver problems, respiratory problem, thyroid, etc.
- You notice blood in the urine along with muscle pain, fever. This could be a serious side effect of abnormal muscle breakdown.
- It can cause jaundice and elevated liver enzymes. Liver function tests have to be monitored.
- You have muscle aches or pains or a family history of muscle problems.
- You regularly drink an excessive amount of alcohol.
- You are taking medicines to lower cholesterol like gemfibrozil, fenofibrate.
- You are taking medicines for HIV infection like ritonavir with lopinavir.
- You are above 70 years old.
- You are diabetic.
Mode of Action of Lipirose 10mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Cholesterol is made by the enzyme HMG-CoA reductase. Rosuvastatin inhibits this enzyme, thus lowering cholesterol and bad cholesterol (LDL levels). It increases good cholesterol also known as high-density lipoprotein (HDL) levels.
Directions for Use of Lipirose 10mg Tablet
- This medicine can be taken with or without food.
- Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time preferably at bedtime.
- Limit intake of grapefruit juice to minimal quantities.
Interactions of Lipirose 10mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Lipirose Tablet works or Lipirose Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking certain medicines like oral contraceptives, immunosuppressants like cyclosporin, anticoagulants like warfarin, anti-cancer and anti-HIV medicines like regorafenib, ritonavir respectively.read less
- Medicines used to treat acidity in your stomach like antacids should not be taken at least within 2 hours of taking this medicine.
- An increased risk of muscle pain, when used with other lipid-lowering medicines.
- Concomitant use of fusidic acid (used for bacterial infection) and rosuvastatin should not be taken together as they lead to serious muscle problems.
Dosage of Lipirose 10mg Tablet
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. Although no particular side effects of an overdose of rosuvastatin are known, one must avoid an overdose of any medicine.read less
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one. However, do not take 2 doses of rosuvastatin within 12 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How soon will Lipirose Tablet work?
A: You may see results for lowering LDL cholesterol in 2–4 weeks after starting Lipirose Tablet. Results may vary in individuals. On follow-up visits, your doctor may choose to adjust your dosage to help you reach your cholesterol goal.
Q: Do I need to follow any dietary restrictions while taking this medicine?
- Avoid drinking grapefruit juice while taking this medicine and reduce your alcohol intake. Consult your doctor for more details.
Q: What if my daily schedule interferes with taking the medicine?
- You should take medicine at the same time every day.
- Try connecting your medicine with something you do every day such as eating dinner or brushing your teeth at night.
- This may help you remember to take it.
- Keep a daily calendar or set an alarm clock to go off at the time you need to take your medicine.
- You can use a pillbox with the days of the week on it.
Q: When should I take Lipirose Tablet?
- You should take this medicine preferably at bedtime or before going to bed and at a fixed time to get optimum benefits.
Last Updated on: 22 Mar 2021 | 04:32 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved