Lipikind 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
The composition of Lipikind 10mg Tab is atorvastatin, which is a hypolipidemic medicine. It belongs to the statin family of medicines which is used to decrease the bad cholesterol, also known as low-density lipoprotein (LDL).
Uses of Lipikind 10mg Tab
- High cholesterol
- Increased triglyceride levels
- Heart disease
Contraindications of Lipikind 10mg Tab
- Hepatitis or jaundice
- Abnormal liver function tests
- Pregnancy or planning a pregnancy
- Allergic to atorvastatin
- If you are being treated with medicines for hepatitis like glecaprevir or pibrentasvir
Side effects of Lipikind 10mg Tab
- Common side effects of Lipikind 10mg Tab include headache, nausea, constipation, diarrhoea, joint pain, muscle pain and back pain, blood tests abnormalities like liver function and creatine kinase, previously existing liver disease can worsen, throat pain, and nose bleedread less
- Rare side effects include lack of appetite, allergic reactions, nightmares, inability to sleep, dizziness, numbness or tingling in the fingers, rash, itching, and feeling unwell or tired
- Serious side effects include abnormal muscle breakdown (rhabdomyolysis), serious illness with peeling, swelling, blistering of the skin, mouth, eyes, genitals and fever. Skin rash especially on palms of hands or soles of feet, which may blisterread less
Precautions and Warnings of Lipikind 10mg Tab
Can I take this medicine during pregnancy?
Avoid taking this medicine if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
Can I take this medicine while breastfeeding?
Avoid taking this medicine if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed this medicine?
Atorvastatin does not affect your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with this medicine?
Avoid too much intake of alcohol while taking this medicine, as it may increase the chance of liver damage.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney problems, muscle aches, or family history of muscle problems
- You had muscular problems during treatment with other cholesterol-lowering medicines
- You regularly drink a large amount of alcohol
Mode of Action of Lipikind 10mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Cholesterol is made by an enzyme HMG-CoA reductase. Atorvastatin inhibits this enzyme, thus lowering bad cholesterol (LDL levels). It increases the good cholesterol, which is also known as high-density lipoprotein (HDL) levels.
Directions for Use of Lipikind 10mg Tab
Follow the dosage instruction on the prescription label of Lipikind 10mg Tab. Use the medicine exactly as directed. Take the medicine same time each day, with or without food. Your doctor may occasionally change your dose.
Interactions of Lipikind 10mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Increased risk of muscle breakdown when used with other cholesterol-lowering medicines, e.g., gemfibrozil, colestipol, or ezetimibe
- Do not take this medicine along with fusidic acid or within 7 days of stopping fusidic acid as it will lead to a serious side effect of muscle breakdown (rhabdomyolysis)
- Monitor lipid levels to ensure that the lowest necessary dose of atorvastatin is used when given along with amiodarone, diltiazem, or verapamil
- Some medicines can increase the concentration of atorvastatin in your blood and may lead to serious side effects These include itraconazole, voriconazole, clarithromycin, ciclosporin, ketoconazole, erythromycin, clarithromycin, telithromycin, ritonavir, lopinavir, atazanavir, indinavir, darunavir, tipranavir, or ritonavirread less
- You should not take hepatitis C medicines, i.e., glecaprevir or pibrentasvir, along with this medicine
Interactions with food items
Limit the intake of grapefruit or grapefruit juice.
Storage and disposal of Lipikind 10mg Tab
Store this medicine at room temperature (20°C to 25°C). Do not keep medicine that is out of the expiry date or that you no longer need. Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Lipikind 10mg Tab
Inform your doctor immediately in case of an overdose.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Do not take extra medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Will taking the medicine increase my risk of diabetes?
A: If you are at high risk of developing type 2 diabetes, taking this medicine may increase this risk slightly. This is because atorvastatin can raise your blood sugar a little. If you already have type 2 diabetes, your doctor may advise monitoring of blood sugar levels more closely for the first few months. Inform your doctor if you find it difficult to control your blood sugar.
Q: What should I avoid while taking this medicine?
- Avoid eating food high in fat, or atorvastatin will not be as effective
- Avoid drinking alcohol as it may increase your risk of liver damage
- Grapefruit may interact with this medicine and may lead to unwanted side effects
Q: Is this medicine a blood thinner?
A: The medicine is not a blood thinner. It is a cholesterol-lowering medicine.
Q: Does the medicine cause weight loss?
A: This medicine has not been reported to cause weight loss. However, weight gain has been reported as an uncommon side effect. Please consult your doctor if you experience weight loss while taking this medicine.
Q: Does the medicine cause memory loss?
A: This medicine does not cause loss of memory. However, it is an uncommon side effect of atorvastatin and may affect only 1 in 100 people. Please consult your doctor if you experience any symptoms of memory loss after taking this medicine.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 10:49 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved