Levolin 1.25mg Packet Of 5*2.5ml Respules
By CIPLA LIMITED
12.5ml Respule in Packet
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Levolin 1.25 mg respules contain levosalbutamol as its main component. It belongs to the bronchodilator group of medicines used for asthma. It is used to widen airways to relieve symptoms of asthma an
d chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). This medicine blocks the effect of substances that produces tightening of air tubes in the lungs and relaxes them. Levolin 1.25 mg respules acts very quickly and its effect lasts for a long span. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding, and about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from or suffered before starting this medicine....
Uses of Levolin 1.25mg Packet Of 5*2.5ml Respules
- Levolin 1.25 mg respules is indicated for the treatment or prevention of symptoms associated with asthma, COPD, chronic bronchitis such as coughing, wheezing, difficulty in breathing and chest tightness....Read more
Contraindications of Levolin 1.25mg Packet Of 5*2.5ml Respules
If you are allergic to levosalbutamol or any of the ingredients of this medicine. If you have a history of premature labour or miscarriage.
Side effects of Levolin 1.25mg Packet Of 5*2.5ml Respules
- Increased heart rate
- Fits or feeling a bit shaky, especially hands
- Muscle cramps
- Increased blood flow
Precautions and Warnings of Levolin 1.25mg Packet Of 5*2.5ml Respules
Can I use Levolin 1.25 mg respules during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the safety of Levolin 1.25 mg respules during pregnancy. It should be used in pregnancy only if your doctor advises you so.
Can I use the Levolin 1.25 mg respules while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if the components of this medicine pass into breast milk. Hence, you should not breastfeed while taking Levolin 1.25 mg respules. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have taken this medicine?
Levolin 1.25 mg respules does not impair your ability to drive. However, if you develop side effects such as dizziness, muscle cramps or fits, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Levolin 1.25 mg respules?
Intake of alcoholic beverages or tobacco while on treatment with Levolin 1.25 mg respules may increase the side effects. Smoking should be avoided strictly since it is known to worsen breathing disorders.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any kind of medical conditions like heart-related disorders or blood disorders.
- You have a thyroid problem.
- You are diabetic.
- You have a low level of potassium in your blood.
- You have an infection in your lungs.
- You should avoid smoking.
Mode of Action of Levolin 1.25mg Packet Of 5*2.5ml Respules
How Does It Work?
Asthma and COPD are the common lung problems that produce damage to the lungs over the period. Levosalbutamol acts by widening the airways in asthma and COPD. It is inhaled through a rotahaler and act
s on smaller lung tubes and dilates them by relaxing the muscles. This aids non-obstructed air-flow into the lungs....
Directions for Use of Levolin 1.25mg Packet Of 5*2.5ml Respules
- The medicine is taken by inhalation only, using your rotahaler.
- You should use your Levolin 1.25 mg respules at any time of the day, with or without food, for bronchospasm or asthma attack.
- You should inhale the contents of Levolin 1.25 mg respules, 15 minutes before exercise or exposure to a known allergen.
- You should take your Levolin 1.25 mg respules dosage as long as recommended by your doctor for treatment of bronchospasm.
Interactions of Levolin 1.25mg Packet Of 5*2.5ml Respules
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Levolin 1.25 mg respules may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect how Levolin 1.25 mg respules works.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, brain-related disorders, heart-related problems or anti-asthmatic medicines, etc.
- Concomitant use of this medicine with water pills like Furosemide, Hydrochlorothiazide may decrease the potassium level in the body which leads to heart rhythm abnormalities. Your doctor may advise the monitoring of blood potassium levels....Read more
Storage and disposal of Levolin 1.25mg Packet Of 5*2.5ml Respules
- You should store this medicine below 25°C in a cool, dry place and its original packaging.
- Make sure this medication remains unreachable to children and pets.
- Keep the container tightly closed. Protect it from heat and moisture.
Dosage of Levolin 1.25mg Packet Of 5*2.5ml Respules
An overdose of this medicine can be serious. Symptoms of an overdose may be nervousness, headache, fainting, tremors, a dry mouth, chest pain or heavy feeling, rapid or uneven heart rate, nausea, swea
ting, dizziness, fits, etc. These demand emergency medical attention immediately....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose take it as quickly as you remember. However, if it is time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a doubl
e dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Levolin 1.25 mg respules a steroid?
A: No, it belongs to the class of drugs called beta-agonists. It relaxes the airways wall muscles, opens them and thereby eases breathing in patients who have reversible obstructive airway diseases like asthma or in some cases of chronic bronchitis.
Q: For how long should you use Levolin 1.25 mg respules?
A: You should take your medicine as long as it is recommended by your doctor for the treatment of bronchospasm. If you happen to meet an asthma attack, you should take the exact number of puffs quickly as recommended by your doctor.
Q: What is COPD?
A: COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) is a common lung problem that produces damage to the lungs over the period. This condition produces symptoms like coughing with mucous for a long time and eventually leads to breathing difficulties.
Q: Can I experience a dry mouth due to Levolin 1.25 mg respules?
A: A dry mouth may occur as a side effect. Frequent mouth rinses, good oral hygiene, increased water intake and sugarless candy may help. Gargle with warm water after each inhalation to avoid any fungal infections in your mouth and throat.
Q: When and how should the medicine be consumed?
A: Learn from your doctor/nurse how to use the rotahaler. Your doctor will inform you how many inhalations (puffs) to use for each dose and the maximum number of inhalations you should use in 24 hours. Strictly follow the prescribed regimen. If you do not get relief from your symptoms after using Levolin 1.25 mg respules, you must contact your doctor for advice immediately.
Q: What is rotahaler?
A: A rotahaler is a device with a plastic inhalation that is breath-activated. This means when you inhale, the medication from the rotacap is released by the rotahaler.
- CDSCO - Levosalbutamol [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 1 September 2021]
- Easyhaler Salbutamol 200mcg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 1 September 2021]
- Levosalbutamol | Indications, Pharmacology, Dosage, Side Effects & other Generic info with Available Brand names in Bangladesh | MedEx [Internet]. Medex.com.bd. 2021 [cited 1 September 2021]
- Easyhaler Salbutamol 200mcg - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 1 September 2021]
- Levosalbutamol - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics [Internet]. Sciencedirect.com. 2021 [cited 1 September 2021]
- Levosalbutamol [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 1 September 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 01 Sep 2021 | 02:50 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved