Levoday 500 Strip Of 10 Tablets
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Levoday 500 MG Description
Levoday 500 tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used for the treatment of bacterial infection of the lungs, throat, airways, nose, ears, urinary tract, skin and soft tissues. It contains levoflox
acin. Levoday 500 tablet works killing the bacteria responsible for infection by blocking the action of certain enzymes essential for DNA replication, repair, etc. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed.
|You Save||₹5.01 (5% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea|
Check more medicines with composition as Levofloxacin(500.0 Mg)
9 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Levoday 500 Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Phlevo 500mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 87.92₹ 61.5435.4% CHEAPER₹ 6.15/Tablet
- Levomac 500mg Tablet 10'sBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 87.92₹ 74.7321.53% CHEAPER₹ 7.47/Tablet
- Levoflox 500mg TabletBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 87.92₹ 70.3426.16% CHEAPER₹ 7.03/Tablet
- Lcin 500mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Lupin10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 100.23₹ 85.2010.5% CHEAPER₹ 8.52/Tablet
- Alevo 500mg TabletBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 87.92₹ 74.7321.53% CHEAPER₹ 7.47/Tablet
- Glevo 500mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Glenmark Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 90.50₹ 76.9219.22% CHEAPER₹ 7.69/Tablet
- Levolve 500mg TabletBy Koye Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 78.84₹ 67.0129.62% CHEAPER₹ 6.7/Tablet
- Fynal 500mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 41.65₹ 35.4062.82% CHEAPER₹ 3.54/Tablet
- Loxof 500mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 90.48₹ 76.9119.22% CHEAPER₹ 7.69/Tablet
Uses of Levoday 500 MG
Levoday 500 tablet is used to treat bacterial infections such as infection of throat, lung, sinus, kidney, urinary tract, skin and soft tissues.
Contraindications of Levoday 500 MG
- If you are allergic to levofloxacin or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are allergic to a class of medicines called fluoroquinolone. If you are not sure which are these medicines ask your doctor.
- If you have a history of fits and seizures (epilepsy).
- If you have tendons (tendonitis) related problems.
- If you are below 18 years of age.
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby or are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Levoday 500 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Levoday 500 MG
Can I take the Levoday 500 tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited safety information available about the use of this medicine in pregnant women. If you conceive while taking this medicine, seek immediate medical advice.
Can I take the Levoday 500 tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if levofloxacin can pass into the breastmilk. However, similar medicines can pass into the breastmilk. Hence, Levoday 500 tablet must not be only be used if prescribed by your doctor, while taking this medicine one should not breastfeed.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Levoday 500 tablet?
You may experience sleepiness, dizziness and visual disturbances like blurred vision while on treatment with the Levoday 500 tablet. Avoid driving or use any tools and machines if affected.
Can I consume alcohol with the Levoday 500 tablet?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and this medicine. However, long term use of alcohol can weaken your immune system and body's response to pathogens and infections. Consult your doctor for more information if you drink too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have diabetes, psychiatric illness, brain injury, kidney or liver-related problem.
- You have a history of fits, you are above the age of 60 years.
- You are taking steroids.
- You experience low or high blood sugar, consider monitoring your blood sugar frequently if you are diabetic and on antidiabetic medicine.
- You experience nervous system-related symptoms such as confusion, sleeplessness, nightmares, thoughts of harming yourself, feeling low, anxiety, etc. Immediately seek medical advice.
- You have heart problems, a history of heart attack, slow heart rate, salt imbalance.
- You have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells).
- You have or had developed an allergic reaction after taking the Levoday 500 tablet.
- You are suffering from myasthenia gravis, a condition of muscle weakness. This medicine can further worsen the condition of muscle weakness.
- Levoday 500 tablet should not be used in children and adolescents.
- This medicine is known to cause tendon rupture, nerve damage/pain (peripheral neuropathy). Be cautious and tell your doctor if you already have any of this condition before initiating the treatment.
Mode of Action of Levoday 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Levofloxacin in the Levoday 500 tablet works by preventing bacterial growth by interfering with the action of specific enzymes in bacteria like DNA gyrase and topoisomerase IV that helps in DNA replication, repair and recombination in bacteria....
Directions for Use of Levoday 500 MG
- Levoday 500 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Levoday 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Levoday 500 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat your heart problems, brain disorders, other antibiotics, blood thinners, painkillers, steroids.
- Medicines containing aluminium, magnesium or sucralfate used for acidity problem should be taken with a minimum gap of 2 hours with the Levoday 500 tablet.
- Other medicines such as methotrexate, cimetidine, probenecid should be used cautiously along with the Levoday 500 tablet.
- Dietary supplements that contain iron may affect the way this tablet works, therefore, this medicine should be taken two hours prior to or after having any product that contains iron.
Storage and disposal of Levoday 500 MG
- Store the Levoday 500 tablet at room temperature in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Levoday 500 MG
Symptoms of an overdose are dizziness, nausea, confusion, unconsciousness, fits. Seek immediate medical help if you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
For optimum effect, doses of antibiotics should not be missed. If you have missed any dose of the Levoday 500 tablet take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with the physician before starting the Levoday 500 tablet?
A: Levoday 500 tablet can interact with other medicines hence inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines especially supplements or herbs. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine.
Q: What precautions should be taken when using the Levoday 500 tablet?
- Avoid going out in the sun. Wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn.
- If you experience pain, swelling of a tendon or weakness or inability to use one of your joints; rest and refrain from exercise and discontinue the Levoday 500 tablet treatment immediately and contact your doctor....
- If you experience sudden chest or back or stomach pain, seek medical help immediately.
- Have plenty of water and maintain a healthy diet.
Q: Can I discontinue taking the Levoday 500 tablet if I feel my condition is improving?
A: No, you should not stop taking the Levoday 500 tablet in the middle of the treatment, doing so may cause reinfection or bacterial resistance. Antibiotics must be taken for the complete prescribed duration.
Q: Does Levoday 500 tablet cause diarrhoea?
A: Yes, you may experience diarrhoea as a side effect after taking the Levoday 500 tablet. If you have severe diarrhoea, reach out to your doctor.
- Levofloxacin 250 mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 25 June 2021]
- CDSCO - Levofloxacin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 25 June 2021]
- LEVOFLOX Tablets (Levofloxacin) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 25 June 2021]
- Can Alcohol Abuse Cause or Worsen an Infectious Disease? [Internet]. Alcohol.org. 2021 [cited 25 June 2021]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed