Levobact 250mg Tablet
Levobact 250 MG Description
Levobact Tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used for the treatment of bacterial infection of the lungs, throat, airways, nose, ears, urinary tract, skin and soft tissues. It contains levofloxaci
n. Levobact Tablet works by killing the bacteria responsible for infection by blocking certain vital functions of bacterial cells like growth and replication. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine if you feel better within a few days. Always finish the course of antibiotic medicine for effective treatment
- Levoflox 250mg TabletBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 54.88₹ 46.65₹ 4.67/Tablet
- L Cin 250mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Lupin10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 53.44₹ 45.42₹ 4.54/Tablet
- Albactin 250mg TabletBy Meridian Medicare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 49.06₹ 41.70₹ 4.17/Tablet
- Levomac 250mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 49.50₹ 49.50₹ 4.95/Tablet
- Fynal 250mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 49.17₹ 42.29₹ 4.23/Tablet
- Loxof 250mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 54.75₹ 46.54₹ 4.65/Tablet
Uses of Levobact 250 MG
Contraindications of Levobact 250 MG
- If you are allergic to levofloxacin or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are allergic to a class of medicines called fluoroquinolones. If you are not sure which are these medicines ask your doctor.
- If you have a history of fits and seizures (epilepsy).
- If you have tendons (tendonitis) related problems.
- If you are below 18 years old.
- If you are pregnant/breastfeeding or are planning to become pregnant.
Side effects of Levobact 250 MG
- Sleep disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Levobact 250 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have diabetes, psychiatric illness, brain injury, kidney or liver-related problems.
- You have a history of fits, you are above the age of 60 years.
- You are taking steroids.
- You experience low or high blood sugar, consider monitoring your blood sugar frequently if you are diabetic and on antidiabetic medicine.
- You experience nervous system-related symptoms such as confusion, sleeplessness, nightmares, thoughts of harming yourself, feeling low, anxiety, etc. Immediately seek medical advice.
- You have heart problems, a history of heart attack, slow heart rate, salt imbalance.
- You have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells).
- You have or had developed an allergic reaction after taking the Levobact Tablet.
- You are suffering from myasthenia gravis, a condition of muscle weakness. This medicine can further worsen the condition of muscle weakness.
- Levobact Tablet should not be used by children and adolescents.
- This medicine is known to cause tendon rupture, nerve damage/pain (peripheral neuropathy). Be cautious and tell your doctor if you already have any of this condition before initiating the treatment.
Mode of Action of Levobact 250 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Levobact 250 MG
Interactions of Levobact 250 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Levobact Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat your heart problems, brain disorders, other antibiotics, blood thinners, painkillers, steroids.
- Medicines containing aluminum, magnesium or sucralfate used for acidity problems should be taken with a minimum gap of 2 hours with the Levobact Tablet.
- Other medicines such as methotrexate, cimetidine, probenecid should be used cautiously along with the Levobact Tablet.
- Dietary supplements that contain iron may affect the way this tablet works, therefore, this medicine should be taken two hours before or after having any product that contains iron.
Storage and disposal of Levobact 250 MG
- Store the Levobact Tablet at room temperature in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Levobact 250 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with the physician before starting Levobact Tablet?
Q: What precautions should be taken when using Levobact Tablet?
- Avoid going out in the sun. Wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn.
- If you experience pain, swelling of a tendon or weakness or inability to use one of your joints; rest and refrain from exercise and discontinue the Levobact Tablet treatment immediately and contact your doctor....
- If you experience sudden chest or back or stomach pain, seek medical help immediately.
- Have plenty of water and maintain a healthy diet.
Q: Can I discontinue taking Levobact Tablet if I feel my condition is improving?
Q: Does Levobact Tablet cause diarrhoea?
- Levofloxacin 250 mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- CDSCO - Levofloxacin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- LEVOFLOX Tablets (Levofloxacin) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Can Alcohol Abuse Cause or Worsen an Infectious Disease? [Internet]. Alcohol.org. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]