Levera 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Levera 500 mg tablet is used for the treatment of seizures in epilepsy. Epilepsy is a brain-related disorder characterised by abnormal brain activity, causing seizures or periods of unusual behaviour,
feeling fuzzy and sometimes loss of consciousness. This medicine is also used to control and prevent seizures during and after brain surgery. Levera 500 mg tablet contains levetiracetam as its active component. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Do not stop taking this medicine without informing your doctor. The common side effects of the Levera 500 mg tablets are sleepiness, headache, cough, runny nose. Also, if you feel any side effects or there is no improvement in your condition, then immediately inform your doctor. Before starting the treatment, inform your doctor about the detailed history of your medical condition and all other medicines, you are currently taking, including herbals and over-the-counter....
Uses of Levera 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Levera 500 mg tablet is used to treat and prevent seizures or fits in patients above 16 years.
Contraindications of Levera 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
If you are allergic to levetiracetam or any other ingredients of this medicine.
Side effects of Levera 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Runny nose
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Levera 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Levera 500 mg tablet during pregnancy?
- Levera 500 mg tablet can be used during pregnancy only if considered essential by your doctor after assessing the benefits over risks. This medicine should not be suddenly discontinued. If you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or are planning a pregnancy, consult your doctor for advice before starting this medicine....Read more
Can I take Levera 500 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
Levetiracetam passes into the breastmilk. Hence, Levera 500 mg tablet is not recommended during breastfeeding. However, your doctor may give you this medicine only if it is needed and the advantages overweigh the risks.
Can I drive if I have consumed Levera 500 mg tablet?
Levera 500 mg tablet can make you dizzy and feel sleepy. Avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Levera 500 mg tablet?
There is limited information about the effects of this medicine on alcohol, but avoid consuming alcohol in excessive amounts.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your kidney.
- You have a psychiatric illness.
- You have abnormal or suicidal thoughts, aggression, irritation.
- You have problems with growth or puberty.
Mode of Action of Levera 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Levetiracetam works by attaching to a protein in the body, thus inhibiting the abnormal activity of the nerve cells in the brain and preventing the spread of electrical signals that cause fits.
Directions for Use of Levera 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Levera 500 mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food. It would be
best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Levera 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Levera 500 mg tablet may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please inform your doctor about all other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations you are taking....Read more
- Be cautious when Levera 500 mg tablet taken along with Methotrexate, a medicine used in the treatment of cancer.
- You should not take laxative medicines such as Macrogol one hour before and one hour after taking Levera 500 mg tablet.
Storage and disposal of Levera 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store Levera 500 mg tablets at room temperature, protected from moisture and direct sunlight.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Levera 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Symptoms of an overdose may include sleepiness, anxiety, nervousness, aggression, decreased alertness, difficulty breathing. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of L
evera 500 mg tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
- You should never miss your dose of Levera 500 mg tablet as it may lead to treatment failure.
- If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the normal tenure for a prescription of Levera 500 mg tablet?
A: The course depends upon the severity of the condition. It can last as little as a month to a lifetime.
Q: Can I change medicines in between the tenure?
A: A proper consultation is required before making any alterations to the prescription. If the medicine is not showing signs of progress, the doctor will instruct on how to switch to a different composition.
Q: Is Levera 500 mg tablet safe for children?
A: Levera 500 mg tablet is allowed to be prescribed to adults and children above the age of four years, but the prescription should only be done after a consultation and proper tests from a doctor.
Q: What are the precautions one has to take in case of a seizure?
A: First, stay calm and then move the individual to a safe spot. Call medical assistance if the seizure lasts for more than five minutes.
Q: Does prolonged use of Levera 500 mg tablet result in suicidal tendencies?
A: No, such case has been reported. However, the medicine is not advised to be given to individuals who already have suicidal thoughts as the side effects may heighten it up.
Q: Can I stop Levera 500 mg tablet on my own, if I feel better?
A: No, do not stop taking Levera 500 mg tablet suddenly, as it could worsen your condition of seizures. Instead, consult your doctor and he/she may adjust your dose as per your condition.
Q: Is Levera 500 mg tablet safe for the elderly?
A: Caution is advised while giving this medicine to the elderly, as their kidney function is not as optimum as the young population. Seniors may be more sensitive to the side effects of this medicine, like sleepiness or dizziness. Due to this, they are at greater risk of injury from falls or other accidents.
Q: Is Levera and Levetiracetam same?
A: Yes, Levera contains levetiracetam as its main ingredient.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 9 August 2021]
- Levetiracetam Glenmark 500 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 August 2021]
- Levetiracetam Glenmark 500 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 August 2021]
- Levetiracetam: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 9 August 2021]
- Levetiracetam - Medicine - NHS [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2021 [cited 9 August 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 22 Oct 2021 | 06:54 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved