Lax Strip Of 10 Tablets
Lax 5 MG Description
Lax Tablet contains bisacodyl as its active ingredient. It is helpful in improving bowel function and provides relief from constipation. It acts as a stool softener by drawing water into the intestin
e and helps in making the hard stools into soft and easily passable stools. It is also sometimes used before surgeries or operations to empty the bowel. Lax has laxative properties and it works by making your stool soft and improving the bowel movement in the intestine. Along with the medication, a high-fibrous diet can be more effective. It should not be used by a patient suffering from any inflammatory conditions of the intestine or stomach, any infection in the digestive tract, appendicitis or dehydration. Before your doctor gives you this medicine, tell them if you are taking or have taken any medicines, supplements or herbal preparations.
- Cremaffin Fresh Tablets Strip Of 10By Abbott India Ltd10 Tablet(s) in PacketMRP 12.04₹ 10.23₹
- Dulcoflex 5mg Tablet Constipation Laxative Bowel Movement Regulator 1 Strip-10 TabletBy Sanofi10 Tablet(s) in PacketMRP 11.65₹ 11.18₹
- Gerbisa 5mg TabletBy Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 12.42₹ 10.56₹
Uses of Lax 5 MG
- Lax Tablet is used as a laxative to provide relief from constipation.
- It is also used to empty the bowel before surgery and certain medical procedures.
Contraindications of Lax 5 MG
- If you are allergic to Bisacodyl or any other ingredients of Lax Tablet.
- If you have an infection in the appendix (appendicitis) or any inflammatory conditions of the bowel.
- If you often experience vomiting and nausea due to intestine-related disorders.
- If you have severe dehydration or salt imbalance in your body due to water loss.
Side effects of Lax 5 MG
- Abdominal pain
- Skin rashes
- Stomach discomforts
Precautions and Warnings of Lax 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience constipation even after prolonged use of this medicine.
- You may experience fluid imbalance and a reduced level of potassium after taking this medicine.
- You experience dehydration, thirst and reduced urination after taking this tablet.
- You experience blood in the stools, dizziness and fainting.
- Lax should not be used for a prolonged duration without a known cause of constipation.
Mode of Action of Lax 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Lax 5 MG
- Take Lax Tablet as directed by the doctor.
- Swallow this medicine as a whole with an adequate amount of liquid.
- Avoid taking milk or antacids along with this medicine.
Interactions of Lax 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- The concomitant use of Lax Tablet with antacids and milk products may result in indigestion (Dyspepsia) and irritation in the stomach.
- Using water pills like Hydrochlorothiazide or steroidal medicines like Cortisone may increase the risk of an electrolyte imbalance if excessive doses of Lax are taken.
- The electrolyte imbalance caused due to concomitant use of water pills and Lax may increase the activity of medicines used to treat heart disorders like Digoxin.
- Concomitant use of other medicines for constipation like Isabgol with this Tablet may increase the side effects of Lax.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions because sometimes Lax Tablet may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect how this Tablet works if taken at the same time....
Storage and disposal of Lax 5 MG
- Store it below 25°C in its original container.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Lax 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Lax Tablet be used daily?
Q: Can I use Lax Tablets for piles?
Q: Will Lax help me to get rid of gas?
Q: Can I take Lax with milk?
- CDSCO. Bisacodyl.Therapeutic indication [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]
- Sanofi. Dulcoflex. Prescribing Information [Internet]. Sanofi.in. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]
- EMA. Bisacodyl Tablet - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 23 May 2022]
- Sanofi Aventis. Dulcolax Product Information Page [Internet]. Sanofi.in. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]