Lariago Ds 500mg Tablet 5'S
Lariago 500 MG Description
Lariago-DS tablet is an antimalarial medicine. It is used for the treatment and prevention of malaria. It contains chloroquine as its active ingredient. This medicine works by killing the parasitic o
rganism that causes malaria. Common symptoms of malaria include fever, flu-like illness, shakiness, chills, headache, muscle pain and tiredness. This infection can become severe and may cause kidney failure, seizures, mental confusion, coma and death if left untreated. Lariago-DS should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It should be taken after food to avoid an upset stomach. Do not stop taking this medicine, even if you start feeling better after taking this medicine. Stopping this medicine suddenly may result in treatment failure and incomplete eradication of malaria-causing organisms from the body. Thus, increase the risk of re-infection. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting Lariago ds.
|You Save||₹1.13 (8% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, vomiting, rashes, itching|
Uses of Lariago 500 MG
Contraindications of Lariago 500 MG
- If you are allergic to chloroquine or any other ingredients of Lariago-DS tablet.
- If you are taking Amiodarone to control irregular heartbeats.
Side effects of Lariago 500 MG
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Lariago 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience a sudden drop in blood sugar and unconsciousness, extreme hunger, headache, nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, restlessness, aggression, reduced alertness, confusion, shakiness or dizziness.
- You are experiencing chest pain, irregular heart rhythm, increased heart rate or palpitations.
- You have swelling in the legs, breathlessness, fatigue, bloating or coughing while lying.
- You have liver, kidney and heart disorder & muscle weakness.
- You have developed rashes after taking this medicine.
- You have a history of an autoimmune disorder of the skin called porphyria.
- You are supposed to take a Lariago-DS tablet for long term treatment, then you should be monitored for heart muscle disorder.
- You have a blood enzyme deficiency (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency).
- You must avoid being in the sunlight for too long, as the Lariago-DS tablet may make you more sensitive to the sun.
Directions for Use of Lariago 500 MG
Storage and disposal of Lariago 500 MG
- Store Lariago-DS tablets below 30°C in a clean and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Lariago 500 MG
- Overdose of Lariago-DS tablet may lead to serious conditions like a failure of blood circulation in the body, breathing dysfunction, coma or even death. Symptoms of overdose are nausea, vomiting, headache, dizziness, decrease in potassium level, blurred or double vision, uneasiness, fits, low blood pressure, shock, lung diseases and abnormal heart rate....
- If you experience any of the symptoms or if you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Lariago 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Lariago 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Lariago-DS tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Be cautious if you are taking medicines for treating uneven heartbeat, medicines for mental illness. medicines to reduce the acid content in the stomach and anti-infectives.
- Other antimalarials like Halofantrine and Mefloquine as you may experience fits with Mefloquine.
- Medicine used to reduce stomach acid & to treat diarrhoea like Kaoline should be taken with a minimum gap of four hours.
- Lariago ds may reduce the effectiveness of certain vaccines like the rabies vaccine.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How can I avoid getting malaria infection?
- Wear light-coloured, long-sleeve clothing and long trousers if you are outside after sunset to protect yourself from mosquito bites.
- It would be best if you use an insect repellent cream or spray to reduce the chance of being bitten by mosquitoes.
- It would be best if you use a mosquito net around the bed while sleeping to avoid being bitten by mosquitoes.
Q: What is the difference between Lariago and Lariago-DS?
Q: What is the use of Lariago-DS tablet?
Q: Can Lariago-DS tablet be used for typhoid?
Q: Can the Lariago-DS tablet be used for cold?
Q: What is the composition of Lariago-DS tablet?
Q: Can I stop taking Lariago-DS tablet if I feel improvement in symptoms?
Q: When should I take my Lariago DS tablet?
Q: What is the composition of Lariago DS?
Q: How long shall I take Lariago DS 500 tablet?
Q: Can I take Lariago DS for covid-19?
Q: Can I take Lariago DS for fever?
- Avloclor Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 April 2022]
- ARALEN [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 12 April 2022]
- Chloroquine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 12 April 2022]
- Avloclor Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 April 2022]