Lamoxy Bx 250mg Capsules
By HETERO HEALTHCARE LIMITED
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lamoxy Bx 250 MG Description
Amoxicillin belongs to a group of medicines called Semisynthetic Penicillin (Beta-Lactam antibiotic).
|You Save||₹6.47 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(250.0 Mg)|
Check more medicines with composition as Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(250.0 Mg)
Uses of Lamoxy Bx 250 MG
- Sinus infection (Acute Bacterial Sinusitis)
- Middle ear infection (Acute Otitis Media)
- Infection of tonsils and throat (Acute Streptococcal Tonsillitis and Pharyngitis)
- Infection of lungs (Acute Exacerbations of Chronic Bronchitis)
- Community-acquired pneumonia
- Urinary tract infections (Cystitis)
- To treat the presence of bacteria in urine during pregnancy
- Typhoid fever
- Dental infections
- Treatment of infection caused by Helicobacter Pylori bacteria
- Skin infection caused by Borrelia Bacterium (Lyme disease)
Contraindications of Lamoxy Bx 250 MG
- If you are allergic to Amoxicillin or any other ingredient of this medicine
- If you have a history of allergic reactions to Penicillins or Cephalosporins
- If you have infectious Mononucleosis/ Glandular fever (caused by the Epstein–Barr virus)
Side effects of Lamoxy Bx 250 MG
- Skin rash
- Feeling sick (nausea)
- You may also experience other allergic reactions like skin itching, swelling of the face, lips, tongue, body or breathing difficulties (serious side effects)
- Serious liver side effects like jaundice, severe diarrhea, darker urine or paler stools, these are observed if you have been taking this medicine for several weeks
Precautions and Warnings of Lamoxy Bx 250 MG
Can I take Lamoxy Bx 250mg Cap during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the safety of this medicine in pregnancy. Your doctor will prescribe you this medicine only if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Lamoxy Bx 250mg Cap while breastfeeding?
- Amoxicillin passes into breast milk in small amounts and can harm your baby
- This medicine can cause side effects like diarrhea and fungal infection of mucous membrane can be observed in breastfed baby, therefore breastfeeding should be discontinued if any side effects are observed...
- Caution is advised incase you are breastfeeding
Can I drive if I have consumed Lamoxy Bx 250mg Cap?
You may experience allergic reactions, dizziness, or convulsion that influence your ability to drive or operate machines. Hence, caution is advised while driving or operating heavy machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Lamoxy Bx 250mg Cap?
Drinking alcohol when you are taking Amoxicillin does not affect the way this medicine works. However, you should avoid drinking large quantities of alcohol while taking this medicine, as alcohol may worsen the side effects and impair your recovery from the infection.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You had allergy to Penicillins, Cephaloporins or prone to allergies
- You have glandular fever (symptoms includes fever, extreme tiredness, sore throat, and swollen glands)
- You have kidney problems
- You have difficulty in urinating
- You develop watery, bloody diarrhea, fever, even if this occurs days after stopping this medicine, immediately seek medical help
Mode of Action of Lamoxy Bx 250 MG
How Does It Work?
This medicine works by preventing one or more enzymes known as Penicillin-Binding Proteins (PBPs) that helps to form a bacterial cell wall, which results in bacterial cell lysis (rupture) and death.
Directions for Use of Lamoxy Bx 250 MG
- Take medicine as directed by your doctor
- Swallow the whole tablet/ capsule with a glass of water
Interactions of Lamoxy Bx 250 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat gout (Allopurinol, Probenecid)
- Medicines known as blood thinners (anticoagulants) like Warfarin
- Other antibiotics such as Tetracycline used to treat bacterial infections
- Medicines used to treat certain type of cancers (Methotrexate)
Interactions with food items
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with food, consult your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Storage and disposal of Lamoxy Bx 250 MG
Store below 30°C in original packing. Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Lamoxy Bx 250 MG
- Seek emergency medical care if you think you have used too much of this medicine
- Symptoms of overdose include vomiting, nausea, diarrhea
- It can cause crystal to pass in the urine (urinating problems) that leads to kidney failure
- Convulsions may be observed in case of impaired kidney function or if you are taking a high dose of this medicine
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have an allergy to penicillin, can I take Lamoxy Bx 250mg Cap?
A: No, if you have allergy to penicillin never take this medicine as a very serious allergic reaction may occur. Always inform your doctor about your allergies.
Q: Is there any chance that an allergic reaction can develop later?
A: A delayed allergic reaction characterized by rashes, fever, joint pains, and enlargement of the lymph nodes, especially under the arms, may usually occur after 7-12 days.
Q: Can I open this capsule and consume?
A: Never open this capsule and consume. Always take it exactly as prescribed by the physician.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed