Ketrip Sr 50mg Tablets
Ketrip Sr 50 MG Description
Ketrip Sr 50mg Tab is a tricyclic antidepressant that is helpful in the treatment of depression, headaches, and neuropathic pain. This medicine helps by improving mood and well-being, relieving anxie
ty and stress, improving your sleeping patterns, and making you feel more energetic. Ketrip Sr 50mg Tablet contains amitriptyline that works by affecting the balance of certain chemicals (like serotonin) in your brain. It is an effective antidepressant but may cause drowsiness if taken with food. Ketrip Sr 50mg Tab starts working within 6 hours of taking it. Ketrip Sr 50mg Tablet affects chemicals in the brain called neurotransmitters. It works by changing the way that pain signals are received by your nerves. Your doctor will decide the amount and when you should take Ketrip Sr 50mg Tab so that you receive the proper dose to control your symptoms. It is normally taken before bedtime because it makes you feel sleepy. Ketrip Sr 50mg Tablet is usually taken with or without food. Ketrip Sr 50mg Tablet may not work immediately, and it will take several weeks for you to fully benefit from it. As a result, the initial dose should be increased with great caution under supervision.
|You Save||₹9.90 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||chronic tension headache, neuropathic pain, depression, migraine, bedwetting|
|Side effects||Dryness in mouth, Increased heart rate, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of the blood pressure on standing up), Sleepiness, Nasal congestion (stuffy nose), Sweating, Headache, Nausea, Tremor, Constipation, Speech disorder, Difficulty in paying attention, Dizziness|
Uses of Ketrip Sr 50 MG
- As per CDSCO, Ketrip Sr 50mg Tab can be used for
- Treatment of depression
- Treatment of headaches
- Treatment of neuropathic pain
- Treatment of bedwetting
Contraindications of Ketrip Sr 50 MG
Side effects of Ketrip Sr 50 MG
- Dryness in mouth
- Sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing
- Increased heart rate
- Weight gain
- Aggressive behaviour
- Nasal congestion (stuffy nose)
- Speech disorder
- Accommodation disorder
- Difficulty in paying attention
Precautions and Warnings of Ketrip Sr 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You conceive or are planning a pregnancy during the course of this medicine.
- You want to discontinue the medicine.
- You are younger than 18 years of age or older than 65 years of age.
Mode of Action of Ketrip Sr 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ketrip Sr 50 MG
- Take Ketrip Sr 50mg as a whole without crushing or chewing it.
- Take it with or without food with a glass of water.
- Take this medicine as prescribed by your physician.
Interactions of Ketrip Sr 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Antidepressants- phenelzine, iproniazid, isocarboxazid, nialamide, imipramine, desipramine, and tranylcypromine
- Painkillers- tramadol, trazodone, hydrocodone, oxycodone, acetaminophen
- Antihistamine- diphenhydramine, cetirizine
- Sedatives- zolpidem
- Muscle relaxant- cyclobenzaprine
- Anticonvulsant- gabapentin, lamotrigine, escitalopram, pregabalin, topiramate
Interactions with food items
- You need not follow a specific diet or avoid any food while taking Ketrip Sr 50mg.
- Avoid consuming alcohol as it may interact with this medicine and reduce its effectiveness.
Storage and disposal of Ketrip Sr 50 MG
Dosage of Ketrip Sr 50 MG
- Neurological and cardiovascular symptoms may occur in case of an overdose of Ketrip Sr 50mg Tab. Symptoms may occur and range from mild to severe. Some symptoms of Ketrip Sr Tab overdose are drowsiness, confusion, coordination problems, and loss of consciousness. You should seek medical attention as soon as possible....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: If my pain doesn't subside with the recommended dose, could I take more of Ketrip Sr 50mg Tab?
Q: Is there a way to counter Ketrip Sr 50mg Tab side effects?
- In some instances, you may be able to manage the side effects of Ketrip 50mg Tab by taking sugar-free sweets when you have a dry mouth. If you take this medicine in the evening and have trouble sleeping, avoid taking it at night. If the medication leaves you feeling sleepy, stay awake for at least two hours after taking it. You may feel weak or tired after taking Ketrip Sr 50mg Tab, so try lying down or sitting afterwards. Consult your doctor if these side effects worsen....
- Amitriptyline: a medicine used to treat pain and prevent migraine [Internet]. nhs.uk. [cited 2022 Jan 27]. Available from:
- NICE-The National Institute for Health, Excellence C. BNF: British national formulary - NICE. [cited 2022 Jan 27]; Available from:
- Amitriptyline 10mg Tablets BP [Internet]. Org.uk. [cited 2022 Jan 27]. Available from: