Kamadol P Tablet
Kamadol P Tablet Description
Kamadol P is used to manage moderate to severe acute pain. It combines two active medicines, each works differently to decrease pain. It includes Tramadol (37.5mg), and Paracetamol (325mg). Pain i
s an uncomfortable sensation when several chemical substances in the body are released due to an injury. These chemical substances cause the brain to send signals to the body part with the injury to indicate something is wrong. Kamadol P contains an opioid and is a potent painkiller. This medication has tendencies to form habits/addictions and is therefore indicated only for use over a short time. It also has potential for misuse, and hence careful use of this medication is important.
|You Save||₹5.73 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Tramadol(37.5 Mg) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(325.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Moderate to severe acute pain management|
|Side effects||Nausea, Dizziness, Indigestion, abdominal pain, Constipation, Headache, Confusion, Difficulty in urination, Itching, Sleepiness|
|Therapy||ANALGESIC FOR SEVERE PAIN|
Uses of Kamadol P Tablet
- As per CDSCO,
- For short term(five days or less) management of acute pain in adults.
- Symptomatic treatment of moderate to severe pain.
Contraindications of Kamadol P Tablet
- If you have hypersensitivity to any components.
- If you have known or suspected gastrointestinal obstruction, including paralytic ileus.
- If you have severe/acute bronchial asthma in an unmonitored setting or in the absence of resuscitative equipment.
- If you have significant respiratory depression.
- If you have severe active liver disease.
- It is contraindicated in children <12 years.
- It is contraindicated for postoperative management in children <18 years following tonsillectomy or adenoidectomy.
Side effects of Kamadol P Tablet
- Indigestion, abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Kamadol P Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You are on any other medication; it is important to inform your doctor in advance.
- You are suffering from symptoms of low mood or anxiety or if you have a history of overuse of habit-forming substances.
- You are an alcoholic. Use of this medication with alcohol can be life-threatening, resulting in respiratory depression, coma and even death.
- You need prescription for someone below 18 years of age. It should also be used with caution in persons over 65 years of age.
- It is contraindicated for postoperative management in children <18 years following tonsillectomy and/or adenoidectomy (Surgical process).
Mode of Action of Kamadol P Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Kamadol P Tablet
- This medication should be taken in the dose and duration as prescribed by the treating physician.
- Swallow this medication as a whole.
- Do not crush, chew or break this tablet. Take the tablet with a full glass of water.
- This medication is recommended for use over a short time only. Its use should not exceed five days.
- Do not take this tablet if the package has been opened.
Interactions of Kamadol P Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Co-administration of opioids with benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants, including alcohol, may result in profound sedation, respiratory depression, coma, and death.
- Co-administration with medications that increase the level of serotonin may increase the risk for serotonin syndrome. Examples include anti-depressants like sertraline, escitalopram, fluoxetine etc.
Interactions with food items
- This medication can be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Kamadol P Tablet
Dosage of Kamadol P Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I was prescribed Kamadol P for my leg pain after surgery. Now I am comfortable. Can I stop the tablet?
Q: I have only taken two tablets of Kamadol P, but I am feeling very dizzy and unable to work. Should I stop the tablet?
Q: I have a minor back injury and pain. Can I take this medication?
- [Internet]. 2022 [cited 25 February 2022]. Available from:
- Dhesi M, Maldonado KA, Maani CV. Tramadol. [Updated 2021 May 25]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-. Available from:
- Gerriets V, Anderson J, Nappe TM. Acetaminophen. [Updated 2021 Jul 3]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-. Available from:
- ULTRACET® (tramadol hydrochloride/acetaminophen) Tablets.