Janumet 50/500mg Tablet 14'S
Janumet 50/500mg Tablet 14'S Description
Janumet 50/500 mg tablet is an antidiabetic medicine. It helps lower blood sugar levels in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus when taken with a healthy diet and exercise regimen. Janumet tablet i
s a combination medicine containing sitagliptin and metformin. Type 2 diabetes is a health condition in which your cells don’t respond normally to insulin. Insulin is a hormone that regulates how your body utilizes sugar. This leads to increased blood sugar which can further lead to serious health conditions. This medicine works by increasing insulin production and restoring the natural response of the body to insulin. This not only controls your blood sugar levels but also reduces the risk of other health conditions associated with increased blood sugar. While taking this medicine it is essential to make certain lifestyle modifications such as consuming a healthy and balanced diet, staying active, quitting smoking, and regularly checking your blood sugar. This may help to manage your diabetes and improve your health. Before initiating the treatment with Janumet tablet inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from.
|You Save||₹55.12 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Metformin Hydrochloride(500.0 Mg) + Sitagliptin(50.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Type 2 diabetes mellitus|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, headache, metallic taste|
- Macsita M 50/500mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 106.00₹ 90.10₹ 9.01/Tablet
- Glura M 500mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 180.00₹ 153.00₹ 10.2/Tablet
- Alsita M 50mg Ir Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 79.00₹ 67.15₹ 6.72/Tablet
- Sitawok M 500mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Wockhardt Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 134.85₹ 114.62₹ 7.64/Tablet
- Sitazit M 50/500mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Glenmark Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 125.00₹ 106.25₹ 10.63/Tablet
- Sitacose M 500mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy J B Chemicals And Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 110.00₹ 93.50₹ 9.35/Tablet
- Istamet 50/500mg Tablet 15'sBy Sun Pharma15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 142.50₹ 121.12₹ 8.07/Tablet
- Sitared M 50/500mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Sun Pharma15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 142.50₹ 121.12₹ 8.07/Tablet
- Stalix M 50/500mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 193.50₹ 164.47₹ 10.96/Tablet
- Emsita M 50/500mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 149.90₹ 127.41₹ 12.74/Tablet
Uses of Janumet 50/500mg Tablet 14'S
Contraindications of Janumet 50/500mg Tablet 14'S
- If you are allergic to sitagliptin, metformin or any other ingredients of Janumet 50/500 mg Tablet.
- If you have severe kidney or liver disease.
- If your diabetes is not under control and you also have high blood sugar, nausea, vomiting, loose motions, rapid loss of weight, pain in the stomach, breathing difficulty, sleepiness, etc.
- If you have dehydration or you have the presence of severe infection.
- If you have to go to do an x-ray or scan and dye is injected in your blood before doing the x-ray or scan.
- If you have a recent history of a heart attack.
- If you are a heavy alcohol drinker.
- If you are a lactating mother.
Side effects of Janumet 50/500mg Tablet 14'S
- Metallic taste
- Loose motion
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Janumet 50/500mg Tablet 14'S
Other General Warnings
- You have a skin blister after taking Janumet 50/500 mg tablet.
- You have a fever, vomiting, loose motion, heat exposure, less fluid intake.
- You have vomiting, pain in the stomach, breathing difficulty, tiredness, muscle cramps, decrease body temperature, decrease heartbeat after taking this medicine.
- You have low blood sugar after taking other anti-diabetic medicines along with this medicine.
- You have type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- You are undergoing any surgery.
- You have increase triglyceride levels in your blood and you have gall stones.
Mode of Action of Janumet 50/500mg Tablet 14'S
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Janumet 50/500mg Tablet 14'S
- Janumet tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, with food. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not stop taking Janumet 50/500 mg tablet on your own without informing your doctor.
Interactions of Janumet 50/500mg Tablet 14'S
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Janumet 50/500 mg tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking other antidiabetic medicines, anti-hypertensive or heart medicine.
Storage and disposal of Janumet 50/500mg Tablet 14'S
- Store Janumet 50/500 mg tablet at a temperature not above 30°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Janumet 50/500mg Tablet 14'S
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How should I take Janumet 50/500 mg tablets?
Q: When is the best time to take Janumet 50/500 mg tablets?
Q: What is Janumet 50/500 mg tablets used for?
Q: What will happen if I consume alcohol while taking Janumet 50/500 mg tablets?
Q: Can I crush Janumet 50/500 mg tablet?
Q: Does Janumet 50/500 mg tablet cause low blood sugar?
Q: What precaution should I take if I have low blood sugar after taking Janumet 50/500 mg tablet with other anti-diabetic medicines?
- If you have low blood sugar after taking Janumet 50/500 mg tablet with other anti-diabetic medicines, you should eat sugar, honey or candy or drink fruit juice or non-diet soda to increase your blood sugar rapidly. ...
- Consult your doctor immediately if you have blurring of vision, sudden sweating, shaking, increased heartbeat, hunger, dizziness, etc. after taking this medicine or other anti-diabetic medicines.
Q: Does Janumet 50mg/500mg need to be taken with food?
Q: What is the composition of Janumet 50mg/500mg?
Q: What are the side effects of Janumet?
Q: What is the dose of Janumet?
- Janumet 50 mg/1000 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- Janumet 50 mg/1000 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- JANUMET® (sitagliptin and metformin HCl) Tablets: Dosage and Administration [Internet]. Merckconnect.com. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- Type 2 Diabetes [Internet]. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
Other Products from this Brand
- Janumet 50 500 Mg Tablet 15 S
- Janumet 50 Mg 1000 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Janumet 50 500 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Janumet Xr Cp 100 1000 Mg Strip Of 7 Tablets
- Janumet 50 1 Gm Tablets 14 S
- Janumet Xr Cp 100 1000 Mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Janumet 50 500 Mg Tablets 30 S
- Janumet 50 1 Gm Tablets 30 S
- Janumet 50 850 Mg Strip Of 14 Tablets