Itmac 100mg Cap
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
4 Capsule(s) in Strip
The active medicine in the composition of Itmac 100mg Cap is itraconazole, which belongs to antifungal (effective against various fungi and yeast) class of medicines.
Uses of Itmac 100mg Cap
- Treat fungal infections
Contraindications of Itmac 100mg Cap
- Liver diseases
- Allergic reactions to Itmac 100mg Cap
- Irregular heartbeat conditions
Side effects of Itmac 100mg Cap
- The common side-effects of Itmac 100mg Cap include nausea, diarrhoea, skin rash, headache, dizziness, difficult breathing, stomach ache, dry mouth
- The serious side-effects of the medicine include rhythm defects in the heart or fits
Precautions and Warnings of Itmac 100mg Cap
Can I take Itmac 100mg Cap during pregnancy?
Itmac 100mg Cap is unsafe during pregnancy. You should not take this medicine if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy. During pregnancy, it may increase the risk of miscarriage, whereas large doses may cause severe birth defects.
Can I take Itmac 100mg Cap while breastfeeding?
Itmac 100mg Cap passes into the human milk. Therefore, the use of this medicine during breastfeeding is not recommended.
Can I drive if I have consumed Itmac 100mg Cap?
Caution is advised as this medicine may cause dizziness or fits. If you experience any of these, do not drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Itmac 100mg Cap?
There is no known interaction with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver or kidney disease
- You have heart disorder of irregular rhythm
- You have abnormal electrolyte levels (potassium, calcium or magnesium) in your blood or adrenal (an organ above the kidney) disorder
Mode of Action of Itmac 100mg Cap
How Does It Work?
It blocks the formation of the fungal cell membrane by inhibiting an enzyme. Thus, the fungi stop multiplying or die because of the lack of a cell membrane. It cannot be used to treat viral or bacterial infections.
Directions for Use of Itmac 100mg Cap
The dosage of Itmac 100mg Cap should be taken as prescribed by the doctor.
Interactions of Itmac 100mg Cap
Interactions with other medicines
- Taking itraconazole with cisapride can result in a severe interaction and cause irregular heartbeats.
- People who are on blood thinners, such as warfarin, are advised not to take itraconazole, as it can lead to adverse side effects
- The effectiveness of contraceptive medicines is affected when coupled with itraconazole
Interactions with food items
It is advisable to take this medicine along with food, as it increases heartburn if taken on an empty stomach.
Other general Interactions
No sufficient data is available.
Storage and disposal of Itmac 100mg Cap
The medicine should be stored at room temperature and kept away from excess heat and moisture. Keep out of sight and reach of children.
Dosage of Itmac 100mg Cap
Consult your doctor immediately in case of overdose.
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is time for your next dose. Do not take extra medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking the medicine?
A: Tell your doctor if you are sexually active and discuss the effective contraception methods. Any other medical problems along with other medicines consumed by you, if any, should be discussed with the doctor.
Q: Is this medicine for effective if taken in more than the advised dose?
A: No, taking higher than the advised dose of this medication can lead to increased chances of the side effects.
Q: At what frequency do I need to take the medicine?
A: Kindly follow your doctor's advice on how often you need to take this medicine.
Q: Is this medicine addictive or habit forming?
A: Do not self-medicate and increase your body's dependence to the medicine without the advice of a doctor.
Q: Can I stop using this medicine immediately if I feel better?
A: This medicine cannot be stopped immediately because of rebound effects. Please consult your doctor before you stop this medicine.
- Electronic Medicines Compendium. Itraconazole.
- Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. Bethesda (MD): National Library of Medicine (US); 2006-. Itraconazole. [Updated 2019 Jun 3].
- Accord. Package leaflet: information for the user. Itraconazole 100 mg Capsules, hard.
- MedlinePlus. Itraconazole.
- DailyMed. Itraconazole.
Other Variants for
Itmac 100mg Cap
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved