Isolazine Strip Of 10 Tablets
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Isolazine tablet is a medicine used for the treatment of heart failure. It is usually used as an adjunct to standard therapy in patients to improve survival, prolong time to hospitalisation for heart
failure and to improve patients reported functional status. Isolazine tablet is a combination medicine, it contains two active ingredients namely isosorbide dinitrate and hydralazine. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Before using the Isolazine tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
Uses of Isolazine Strip Of 10 Tablets
Isolazine tablet is used for the treatment of heart failure as an adjuvant to standard therapy.
Contraindications of Isolazine Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to isosorbide dinitrate, hydralazine, any other ingredients of Isolazine tablet or similar medicines.
- Isolazine should not be used for patients taking medicines containing avanafil, sildenafil, tadalafil or vardenafil ( used for male sexual function problems). Concomitant use can cause low blood pressure, fainting or can reduce the ability of the heart to pump effectively....Read more
- This medicine should not be used by patients taking a medicine called Riociguat, used to treat high blood pressure in the lungs (pulmonary hypertension).
Side effects of Isolazine Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Low blood pressure
- Sinus infection
- Visual impairment
Precautions and Warnings of Isolazine Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take the Isolazine tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information available on the use of Isolazine tablet during pregnancy. Take this medicine only under medical supervision. If you have become pregnant while taking this medicine consult your doctor immediately.
Can I take the Isolazine tablet while breastfeeding?
It is not known if components of Isolazine tablet pass into breast milk. Consult your doctor if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have the consumed Isolazine tablet?
If you experience dizziness or headache after taking Isolazine tablet or you are unable to stay alert, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Isolazine tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking Isolazine tablet. As alcohol can enhance the vasodilating effect of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience fainting, headache, feeling sick, dizziness (symptomatic hypotension).
- You have systemic lupus erythematosus (an autoimmune disorder)
- You have heart-related conditions
- You are experiencing abnormal sensation on the skin including numbness and tingling.
Mode of Action of Isolazine Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Isolazine tablet works by the combined action of its two ingredients isosorbide dinitrate and hydralazine. Both these medicines are vasodilators that work by relaxing the blood vessels and hence makes
the blood flow easier....
Directions for Use of Isolazine Strip Of 10 Tablets
Isolazine tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for o
ptimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Isolazine Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Isolazine tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for erectile dysfunction or for the treatment of male sexual problems (avanafil, sildenafil, tadalafil, or vardenafil) and Riociguat used to treat high blood pressure in the lungs (pulmonary hypertension). If you are not sure about these medicines ask your doctor....Read more
Storage and disposal of Isolazine Strip Of 10 Tablets
Store Isolazine tablets at 25°C, protected from light and moisture. Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Isolazine Strip Of 10 Tablets
An overdose of Isolazine tablet can give you symptoms such as headache, confusion, fast heartbeats, and flushing. Complications may also include a reduction in the ability of heart muscle to pump effe
ctively followed by uneven heart rhythm, shock. If you have taken too much of this medicine accidentally inform your doctor immediately or reach out to the nearest hospital as soon as possible....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose of Isolazine tablet take it as soon as possible. Skip the dose if its already time for the next dose. Do not take two doses of this medicine together.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Isolazine used for?
A: Isolazine tablet is used for the treatment of heart failure along with other medicines. It is used to improve survival, prolong time to hospitalisation for heart failure and improve patient-related functional status.
Q: How does the Isolazine tablet produce its action?
- Isolazine is a vasodilator, it works by relaxing the blood vessels and makes the blood flow easier to different parts of the body.
- CDSCO - Isosorbide+Hydralazine [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 1 September 2021]
- BiDil (isosorbide dinitrate and hydralazine hydrochloride) tablet, for oral use, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 1 September 2021]
- Hydralazine 25 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 1 September 2021]
- Hydralazine 25 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 1 September 2021]
- Hydralazine [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 1 September 2021]
- Isosorbide: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 1 September 2021]
- Isosorbide [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 1 September 2021]
- Isordil Titradose (isosorbide dinitrate) Tablets
- Isosorbide Dinitrate - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics [Internet]. Sciencedirect.com. 2021 [cited 1 September 2021]
- Hydralazine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 1 September 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹11.87 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Hydralazine(37.5 Mg),Isosorbide Dinitrate(20.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Dizziness, fainting, headache, fatigue|
Last Updated on: 02 Sep 2021 | 06:02 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved