Inspiral 5mg Tablets
Inspiral 5 MG Description
Inspiral tablet is most commonly used to treat Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). A condition where children show persistent inability to concentrate, impulsive behaviour, and hyperacti
vity, leading to emotional, psychological, social, and educational problems. It is composed of 5mg methylphenidate. Inspiral tab comes under the therapeutic classification of psychostimulants. It is mainly used to treat children aged six years and over and adolescents with ADHD. Inspiral tab should be prescribed only under the charge of a specialist in childhood behavioural disorders when other methodology have not been successful in changing the behaviour. Inspiral tab comes as both standard (immediate release) and extended (modified/prolonged) release tablets. Inspiral tab should be taken exactly as prescribed by your health care professional. Do not stop taking your medicine without consulting your doctor, as it can cause withdrawal symptoms like depression. Consult your doctor if you want to stop taking medication. They reduce the amount gradually before you stop taking it completely. Inspiral tab is a habit-forming medicine. It has a high potential for medicine abuse, leading to severe psychological or physical dependence. Addiction problems usually occur only if you take the Inspiral tab more than prescribed or at a higher dose than recommended. Careful monitoring is required for the patients who are taking this medication.
|You Save||₹13.61 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in children, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in adults, Narcolepsy ( a sleep disorder) in adults|
|Side effects||Mood or personality changes, Self-harming thoughts, Fast or irregular heartbeat, Hallucinations, and sudden, involuntary facial muscle movements.|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR ATTENTION DEFICIT HYPERACTIVITY DISORDER|
Uses of Inspiral 5 MG
- Treats Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in children
- Treats Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in adults
- Narcolepsy (a sleep disorder) in adults
Contraindications of Inspiral 5 MG
Side effects of Inspiral 5 MG
- Mood or personality changes
- Self-harming thoughts
- Fast or irregular heartbeat (palpitations)
- Hallucinations (starting to feel or hear things that are not real)
- Facial tics (sudden, involuntary muscle movements)
- For children: If the Inspiral tab is prescribed for longer than a year, it can slow their growth. But this happens very rarely in less than 1 in 10 children
Precautions and Warnings of Inspiral 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience any severe side effects.
- You are breastfeeding, pregnant or planning to conceive.
- You notice any fluctuations in your child's weight and growth potential.
- You have other medical conditions like heart disorders, renal diseases, bipolar and seizure disorders.
- You have hypertension because Inspiral tab can affect your blood pressure levels.
- You notice any signs of medicine abuse and psychological dependence.
Mode of Action of Inspiral 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Inspiral 5 MG
- Gulp the capsule whole with a glass of water, milk or squash.
- Do not chew them.
- If you’ve a problem swallowing the tablet as a whole, you can crush them and mix it with a small amount of soft foods such as yoghourt, honey or jam.
- It is not advised to crush or break the extended-release tablets because the medicine will not work correctly.
- Check the medicine label for its expiry date.
- Do not use the tablet if the label is torn or damaged.
Interactions of Inspiral 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Antidepressants like monoamine oxidase inhibitors like isocarboxazid, moclobemide, phenelzine, tranylcypromine, when given along with Inspiral tablets, can cause blood pressure to rise which can be dangerous....
- Antiepileptic medicines
- Antihypertensive (blood pressure) medications as it affects blood pressure levels.
Interactions with food items
- Unless recommended by your doctor, there is no need to avoid a particular type of food or drink.
Storage and disposal of Inspiral 5 MG
Dosage of Inspiral 5 MG
- Always consume only the prescribed amount of dosage decided by your doctor. Symptoms of overdose of Inspiral tab are feeling unusually happy, confused or agitated, muscle twitchings, hallucinations and palpitations. Seek emergency medical treatment and contact your doctor immediately to avoid further complications....
Missed a Dose
Dr. Reddy Moulika
BDS, MDS in Periodontics and Implantology
Dr. Varsha Parihar
MBBS, MD (Community Medicine)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long does the Inspiral tab take to work?
Q: Will the Inspiral tab affect contraception?
- Inspiral tab will not affect any type of contraception like the combined pill and emergency contraception. However, consult your doctor if you are taking this medicine along with contraception.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Gov.in. [cited 2022 Jan 20]. Available from:
- Center for Drug Evaluation, Research. Safety Review Update of Medications used to treat ADHD [Internet]. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. 2019 [cited 2022 Jan 20]. Available from:
- Europa.eu. [cited 2022 Jan 20]. Available from:
- Methylphenidate: a medicine used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) [Internet]. nhs.uk. [cited 2022 Jan 20]. Available from: