Icon 150mg Tablet
By ARVINCARE HEALTHCARE
1 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Icon 150mg Tablet contains Fluconazole, an antifungal medicine. It is used to treat and prevent recurrence of various fungal infections. Icon 150mg Tablet works by inhibiting the formation of the cell wall of the infection-causing fungus. You should not take this medicine if you are allergic to Fluconazole or other similar anti-fungal medication. Some common side effects of Icon 150mg Tablet are headache, nausea, vomiting and stomach pain. Patients with liver function problems and heart disorder should discuss their condition before taking this medicine. Pregnant women should not use this medicine unless needed or in case of life-threatening infection.
Uses of Icon 150mg Tablet
Icon 150mg Tablet is used to treat fungal infections.
Contraindications of Icon 150mg Tablet
- You are allergic to Fluconazole or any other ingredient of this medicine.
- You are taking medicines like Astemizole, Terfenadine, Cisapride, Pimozide, Quinidine, Erythromycin.
Side effects of Icon 150mg Tablet
- Increased liver enzymes
- Skin rash
- Liver damage (loss of appetite, vomiting, yellowing of your skin)
Precautions and Warnings of Icon 150mg Tablet
Can I take Icon 150mg Tablet during pregnancy?
- Icon 150mg Tablet is unsafe during pregnancy. You should not take Fluconazole if you are pregnant or planning to have a baby. During pregnancy, it may increase the risk of miscarriage, while large doses may cause severe birth defects.read less
- If you are taking this tablet, then use contraception at least for one week even after stopping the medicine.
Can I take Icon 150mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
Icon 150mg Tablet passes into human milk. Breastfeeding can be continued after a single dose; however, if you are taking this tablet repeatedly or in high doses, then breastfeeding is not recommended.
Can I drive if I have consumed Icon 150mg Tablet?
You may experience dizziness or fits while taking Icon 150mg Tablet. If you experience any of these, you should not drive or use any tools or machines while taking this tablet.
Can I consume alcohol with Icon 150mg Tablet?
Avoid excess alcohol while taking Icon 150mg Tablet, as alcohol may worsen the side effects like dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver disease or kidney disease
- You have heart diseases and irregular heart rhythm
- You have abnormal electrolyte levels (potassium, calcium or magnesium) in your blood
- You have severe skin reactions
- You have adrenal insufficiency (a condition where the adrenal gland does not produce sufficient steroid hormone)
Mode of Action of Icon 150mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Icon 150mg Tablet blocks the formation of the cell membrane of the fungus by inhibiting an enzyme. Thus, the fungi stop multiplying or die because of the non-formation of the complete cell membrane. It is not effective against viruses or bacteria.
Directions for Use of Icon 150mg Tablet
- Take Icon 150mg Tablet as directed by your doctor.
- Do not crush, break or chew the medicine.
Interactions of Icon 150mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Serious interaction - Terfenadine, Voriconazole, Clarithromycin, Erythromycin, Ranolazine, Lomitapide, Donepezil, Pimozide and Quinidine. Never take Fluconazole with these medicines. When used with Fluconazole, these medicines can cause a life-threatening heart rhythm condition.read less
- Medicines used as anaesthetic like Alfentanil, Fentanyl, blood thinners like Warfarin, medicines used to treat psychiatric disorders like Amitriptyline, Nortriptyline, medicines to treat anxiety like Benzodiazepines Midazolam, Triazolam, medicines to treat fits like Phenytoin, Carbamazepine should be used cautiously.read less
- Medicines for high blood pressure like Nifedipine, Isradipine, Amlodipine, Felodipine and Losartan, medicines used for treating ovarian cancer such as Olaparibm, medicines used to prevent organ transplant rejection like Ciclosporin, Everolimus, Sirolimus or Tacrolimus, medicines used for treating cancer Vincristine, Vinblastine, should be used cautiously.read less
- Diuretics medicine such as Hydrochlorothiazide, medicines used for heart diseases such as Atorvastatin, Simvastatin, Amiodarone, antiasthmatic medicines such as Theophylline, antiviral medicine such as Saquinavir should be used cautiously.read less
- Other medicines that can interact with Icon 150mg Tablet are painkillers such as Celecoxib, Flurbiprofen, Naproxen, Ibuprofen, oral contraceptives, medicines to control diabetes-like Chlorpropamide, Glibenclamide, Glipizide or Tolbutamide, and medicines for treating rheumatoid arthritis such as Tofacitinib.read less
Storage and disposal of Icon 150mg Tablet
- Do not store Icon 150mg Tablet above 25°C
- Keep out of the reach of children
Dosage of Icon 150mg Tablet
- Symptoms of overdose of Icon 150mg Tablet may include feeling or seeing things that are not real (hallucination and paranoid behaviour).
- Contact your doctor immediately in case of overdose, or rush to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Icon 150mg Tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take when using Icon 150mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you are sexually active and discuss effective contraception methods.
- Icon 150mg Tablet can make your oral contraceptive pills work less efficiently.
- Hence, if you are on this medication, then use barrier methods of contraception like condoms.
Q: I have a cough, cold, flu, can I take Icon 150mg Tablet medicine?
A: No, flu mostly occurs because of viruses. Icon 150mg Tablet medicine works against fungus and not viruses. Take it only if prescribed by your doctor for the complete duration of treatment.
Q: How to take Icon 150mg Tablet?
A: You should take Icon 150mg Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water. You can take it with or without food but should be taken regularly at the same time as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can I take Icon 150mg Tablet daily?
A: Your doctor will decide the duration and frequency of Icon 150mg Tablet mg tablet after accessing your condition. Do not take this medicine on your own or for a longer duration than prescribed.
Q: Why do we use Icon 150mg Tablet?
A: Icon 150mg Tablet is used to treat various types of fungal infections.
Q: Can I stop taking Icon 150mg Tablet on my own?
A: No, you should never stop taking Icon 150mg Tablet until advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good. If you stop taking this medicine, then it may lead to treatment failure, recurrence of infection, and may produce side effects as well.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved