Icip 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Icip 250 MG Description
Icip Tablet is an antibiotic and is used in treating various types of bacterial infections such as pneumonia, sinus infection and infections of the skin, ear, nose, stomach, urinary tract, etc. It co
ntains ciprofloxacin as its active ingredient. Icip Tablet works killing the bacteria responsible for infection by blocking action of certain enzymes essential for DNA relplication, repair etc. Icip Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Icip Tablet or any antibiotic should not be used when you are not sure if the infection is due to bacteria, unnecessary use of antibiotics can make it ineffective for future treatment. Complete the course of antibiotics as prescribed by the doctor or it may lead to relapse or return the infection.
Uses of Icip 250 MG
Contraindications of Icip 250 MG
- If you are allergic to ciprofloxacin or any ingredient of Icip Tablet.
- If you are taking other quinolone medicines like moxifloxacin, norfloxacin, ofloxacin or nalidixic acid. If you are not sure about which are these medicines ask your doctor.
- If you are taking tizanidine (a medicine used to treat muscle spasm).
Side effects of Icip 250 MG
- Stomach ache
- Joint pain
Precautions and Warnings of Icip 250 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have heart diseases like very slow heart rhythm, heart failure and diabetes
- You have any problems with your kidney or liver.
- You have any mental health problems or history of fits.
- You have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (a blood enzyme disease that affects red blood cells).
- You must avoid being in the sunlight for too long.
- You experience any sudden allergic reaction, pain or swelling in joints and tendinitis, stop taking Icip Tablet and contact your doctor immediately.
- You develop sudden severe pain in your stomach, back or chest or experience severe diarrhoea after taking this medicine.
- You experience nervous system related symptoms such as confusion, sleeplessness, nightmares, thoughts of harming yourself, feeling low, anxiety etc.Immediately seek medical advice.
- You are suffering from myasthenia gravis, a condition of muscle weakness. This medicine can further worsen the condition of muscle weakness.
- Icip Tablet should not be used in children and adolescents.
- This medicine is known to cause tendon rupture, nerve damage/pain (peripheral neuropathy). Be cautious and tell your doctor if you already have any of this condition before initiating the treatment.
Mode of Action of Icip 250 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Icip 250 MG
Interactions of Icip 250 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Icip Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Cation should excercised especially if you are taking medicines for the treatment of uneven heart rhythm, mental health problems, gout, acidity, muscle spasm, seizures, rheumatoid arthritis, parkinson's disease, erectile dysfunction, sleeping disorders, skin conditions, blood thinners....
- Icip Tablet should be taken 2 hours before or 6 hours after taking dietary supplements that zinc, iron, antacids containing aluminium or magnesium, medicines for kidney problems such as sevelamer, lanthanum carbonate and medicine for the treatment of ulcer such as sucralfate....
- Icip Tablet can enhance the glucose lowering action of anti-diabetic medicine hence should be used cautiously.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Icip 250 MG
- Store Icip Tablet in a clean and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Icip 250 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Icip Tablet an antibiotic?
Q: Can you take Icip Tablet if you have a fever?
Q: What is the use of Icip Tablet?
Q: What is the minimum daily dose for Icip Tablet?
Q: Can I stop taking Icip Tablet before the prescribed duration?
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking the Icip Tablet?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- Icip Tablet may interact with other medicines, hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines including supplements or herbal products. Also inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine....