By WIN-MEDICARE PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Hepamerz Tablet contains a combination of two amino acids, (L-Ornithine and L-Aspartate) and a digestive enzyme (Pancreatin). It enhances the detoxification process of ammonia in the body. This medicine is useful in treating indigestion and conditions associated with liver damage and improving the symptoms due to damaged liver. This medicine is to be taken after having your meals and in doses and duration as prescribed by the doctor. The side effects with Hepa-Merz tablets are mild and manageable like nausea, vomiting, stomach pain but still if you experience any other symptoms tell your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines, supplements and herbs your take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Hepamerz Tab
Hepamerz Tablet is used to treat indigestion and various types of liver problems, by protecting it from harmful chemicals and thus improving the liver functions.
Contraindications of Hepamerz Tab
- If you are allergic to L-ornithine or L-aspartare or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you are suffering from any kidney problems
- If you have condition called cystic fibrosis
Side effects of Hepamerz Tab
- Stomach Pain
- Pain in the arm or legs (rare)
Precautions and Warnings of Hepamerz Tab
Can I take Hepamerz Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effects of Hepamerz tablet in human pregnancy. You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a child before starting this medicine.
Can I take Hepamerz Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if Hepamerz tablet passes into human milk. Hence, you should not breastfeed while taking this medicine. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Hepamerz Tablet?
The patient with liver diseases loses its ability to concentrate. So, it is advisable not to drive or operate heavy machinery while on treatment with Hepamerz tablet.
Can I consume alcohol with Hepamerz Tablet?
You should not consume alcohol while on having problems with your liver as in this condition, the liver already is damaged. If you consume alcohol, it will further damage the functionality of the liver. So, the effectiveness of Hepamerz tablet decreases.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have diabetes or gout
- You have a rare hereditary problems of fructose intolerance
- You have had an allergic reaction to pork protein
- You may experience nausea and vomiting. Tell your doctor if you feel it while using this medicine. Your doctor may adjust the dose and rate of administration of this medicine.
- Your doctor may regularly monitor your urea levels in the blood and urine.
- Hepamerz tablet is not recommended for use in children as the safety data to use this medicine in children is not available.
Mode of Action of Hepamerz Tab
How Does It Work?
Hepa-Merz tablet contains two amino acids and a digestive enzyme. It works by protecting the liver from harmful chemical substances. It speeds up the detoxification process of ammonia in the body and eventually leads to improving symptoms and liver functions. Pancreatin helps in digestion of the food.
Directions for Use of Hepamerz Tab
- Take this medicine as a whole with sufficient amount of water, with or after your meal. Do not cut, break or chew this medicine.
- You should take this medicine regularly and without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Hepamerz Tab
Interactions with other medicines
There is limited information about the interactions of Hepamerz Tablet with other medicine. Inform your doctor about all the medicines, supplements and herbs you are taking or have taken in the past.
Storage and disposal of Hepamerz Tab
Store Hepa-Merz Tablets below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep the medicine away from children and pets. Do not use this medicine once expired or if you notice that the pack is damaged, or it shows signs of tampering. Properly discard it when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Hepamerz Tab
If you think you have taken too much of Hepa Merz Tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- Missing a dose of Hepa-Merz tablet may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment.
- If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.read less
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How does Hepamerz tablet work?
A: Hepamerz Tablet contains two amino acids named Ornithine and Aspartate and a digestive enzyme named Pancreatin. These amino acids increase the detoxification process of ammonia (which is a waste product of body metabolism). So symptoms due to altered brain functionality and damaged liver eventually improve. It is useful in conditions like fatty and damaged liver, liver infection and hepatic encephalopathy (alteration of brain function). Pancreatin helps in digestion of the food.
Q: Who should not take this Hepa-Merz tablet?
A: If you are allergic to any of the content of Hepa-Merz tablet or your kidney functions are severely impaired or you have cystic fibrosis should not take this medicine.
Q: I have diabetes mellitus, do I need to take Hepamerz tablet?
A: Diabetic patients are prone to develop altered liver functions. If you have any of the symptoms like pain in the stomach, loss of appetite, bloating, nausea, tiredness, yellow skin and eyes, confusion, bad breath, tremors in hand, itching or bleeding, visit your doctor and inform them about that. Your doctor will get your liver function tests done and then decide if you need Hepamerz tablet or not. You should avoid self-medication.
Q: What are the side effects of Hepamerz Tablet?
A: Nausea, vomiting, gas, stomach pain and diarrhoea are some of the side effects of Hepamerz tablet. If you experience anything abnormal, contact your doctor for help.
Q: Can we use Hepamerz tablets in children?
A: Hepamerz tablet is not recommended for use in children as the safety data to use this medicine in children is not available. You should consult a doctor after evaluating the risk and effectiveness; he/she may decide.
Q: Is Hepamerz Tablet habit-forming?
A: No, Hepamerz Tablet is not habit-forming.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before starting Hepa-Merz tablet?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, liver or kidney diseases or any other condition
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 05:53 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved