Hep Lock Injection 10ml
By GLAND PHARMA LIMITED
10ml Injection in Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Hep lock injection contains Heparin as an active ingredient. It is an anticoagulant or blood thinner medicine. Hep lock injection is used in certain medical conditions where the blood vessels get blocked due to the formation of clots. It helps in stopping the growth of blood clot that is already formed and inhibits its growth further. However, it does not decrease the size of clots that are already formed. It is used to treat and prevent the formation of blood clots affecting the legs, lungs and heart.
Uses of Hep Lock Injection 10ml
- To treat and prevent the formation of blood clots in leg veins (deep vein thrombosis) and lungs (pulmonary embolism).
- To prevent the formation of blood clots in the heart following a heart attack (mural thrombosis) and chest pain due to blockage in blood vessels of the heart (angina).
- To prevent the formation of clots in catheters (a thin tube) used in veins for a longer period.
Contraindications of Hep Lock Injection 10ml
If you are allergic to heparin or any other ingredient of this medicine or had an episode of skin allergy following heparin use. If you drink too often or a large amount of alcohol and currently bleeding from anywhere in the body. If you have a bleeding disorder or have haemophilia (a rare disorder where your blood does not clot easily). If you have active tuberculosis, serious liver disorder or if you bruise easily. If you have high blood pressure or purpura (purple spots due to leakage of blood within the skin). If you are supposed to undergo surgery of the brain, spine or eye, a lumbar puncture or local anaesthetic nerve block, or any other procedure where bleeding could be a problem. This injection should not be administered intramuscularly or following a trauma. If you are supposed to take diclofenac (pain and inflammation) intravenously.
Side effects of Hep Lock Injection 10ml
- Bleeding & bruising
- Tingling, weakness or numbness in legs
- Back pain
- Local irritation
- Itching & rashes
- Nose bleeds
- Black tarry stools
Precautions and Warnings of Hep Lock Injection 10ml
Can I take Hep Lock injection during pregnancy?
This injection can be given during pregnancy. Tell your doctor about your expected delivery dates since this injection should not be taken before delivery and should be stopped at the onset of labour. If you have a history of miscarriage it should be informed to the doctor. There is a risk of Osteoporosis (thinner bones) if you receive heparin for a long time during pregnancy.
Can I take Hep Lock injection while breastfeeding?
Ask your doctor or nurse if you wish to breastfeed to avoid any undesirable effects in the breastfed infant.
Can I drive if I have consumed Hep Lock injection?
Hep lock injection does not influence your driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol with Hep Lock injection?
This medicine is contraindicated in individuals who consume alcohol too frequently in large amounts.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are an elderly, over 60 years of age.
- You have any health condition that makes you more likely to bleed such as stomach ulcer, hernia, inflammation of the heart, problems in the back of your eye, piles, a stroke, cancer or threatened miscarriage. If you are not sure, ask your doctor or nurse.read less
- You have diabetes, excess acid or high levels of potassium in your blood or are taking a medicine that may increase the potassium level in your blood (e.g. amiloride, triamterene).
- You have kidney or liver disease or suffer from allergies or have previously had an allergy after taking similar medicines.
- You are taking another medicine that may affect your blood clotting.
- Your doctor will check your blood if you receive treatment for longer than five days and may do other blood tests if you have major surgery.
- Your doctor may take a blood test up to several weeks after the end of your heparin treatment. This is so the doctor can check the level of the clotting cells (platelets) in your blood.
- You have been given epidural anesthesia (given into the spine).
- You must remind your doctor that you are on heparin before you receive any anaesthetic.
- You have signs of tingling, weakness or numbness in your lower legs or body, back pain or problems in passing urine.
Mode of Action of Hep Lock Injection 10ml
How Does It Work?
Hep lock injection is an anticoagulant medicine. Heparin in this injection works by inactivating certain enzymes involved in the blood coagulation and hence reduces the clotting ability of blood.
Directions for Use of Hep Lock Injection 10ml
- Hep lock injection is given under medical supervision in a clinic or hospital.
- Please follow any aftercare suggestions given by the doctor or nurse.
- Reach out to your doctor if you experience any undesirable effects right after administration of this injection.
Interactions of Hep Lock Injection 10ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Pain killers, analgesics and anti-inflammatory medicines such as aspirin, ketorolac and intravenous diclofenac should be avoided while taking this injection as the concomitant use may impose the risk of bleeding.read less
- Medicines that may interfere with blood coagulation should be avoided. If you are not sure which are these medicines ask your doctor or nurse.
- Other anticoagulants or antiplatelet medicines that are taken orally should be avoided while receiving Hep lock injection.
- Antibiotics such as cefaclor, cefixime and ceftriaxone may affect the coagulation process and impose the risk of bleeding hence the concomitant use should be avoided.
- Probenecid, a medicine used for the treatment of gout may increase the anticoagulant effect of Hep lock injection.
- There are chances of increased potassium levels if you are taking certain antihypertensive medicines or aliskiren. This can be detected by a blood test, let your doctor know about any blood pressure-lowering medicine you are taking.read less
Storage and disposal of Hep Lock Injection 10ml
Store below 25°Cin the original package Keep it out of the reach of children and pets
Dosage of Hep Lock Injection 10ml
Overdose of this injection is unlikely since it is given under the supervision of a healthcare expert in a hospital or clinic. However, an overdose may lead to bleeding problems and certain blood clotting parameters needs to be monitored. If you think you have been given too much of this medicine inform your doctor.
Missed a Dose
The chance of missing a dose is unlikely since it is given by a healthcare expert. If you think any dose of this injection is missed inform your doctor or nurse. Missing a dose of this medicine can lead to complications related to blood clots and can be harmful and detrimental.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Hep Lock injection?
A: Hep lock injection is an anticoagulant or blood thinner. It is used to prevent or treat the formation of blood clots in the body. However, it does not help in reducing the size of blood clots that are already formed.
Q: Hep lock injection vs Heparin, which is better?
A: Hep lock injection contains heparin as an active ingredient. The anticoagulant action of Hep lock is due to the presence of heparin. Heparin is an anticoagulant or blood thinner.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 17 Feb 2021 | 01:38 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 25% Off on first medicine order
Upto Rs.600 cashback on Paytm wallet + Flat 25% off on your first medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved