Hcqs 200mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By IPCA LABORATORIES
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
HCQS 200 tablet is used to treat immune system disorders such as systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and rheumatoid arthritis. It contains hydroxychloroquine as its active ingredient. HCQS 200 tablet should be taken as per the directions given by the doctor and for the exact duration as prescribed. It should be taken after a meal or with a glass of milk. Do not stop taking HCQS 200 tablet abruptly. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
|You Save||₹19.89 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Systemic lupus erythematosus, Rheumatoid arthritis, Polymorphic skin eruptions|
|Side effects||Stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, loss of appetite, headache|
|Classification||DRUGS FOR RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS|
Check more medicines with composition as Hydroxychloroquine(200.0 Mg)
3 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Hcqs 200mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Uses of Hcqs 200 MG
- HCQS 200 tablet is used in the treatment of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), an immune system disorder in which the immune system attacks its own body tissues.
- It is also used for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and a skin rash due to exposure to sunlight (polymorphic light eruption)
Contraindications of Hcqs 200 MG
- If you are allergic to hydroxychloroquine or any of the other ingredients of HCQS 200 tablet.
- If you are allergic to chloroquine (an anti-malarial medicine)
- If you are suffering from an eye disease called maculopathy, usually characterised by visual abnormalities.
Side effects of Hcqs 200 MG
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Hcqs 200 MG
Can I take HCQS 200 tablet during pregnancy?
HCQS 200 should not be used in pregnant women. It may be unsafe for the developing baby. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby before initiating the treatment.
Can I take HCQS 200 tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of HCQS 200 tablet passes into the breast milk in small amounts. Women taking HCQS 200 tablets should not breastfeed as newborns are very sensitive to the harmful effects of this medicine. It is essential to consult the doctor before using any medication while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed HCQS 200 tablet?
You may experience visual disturbances, impaired ability to recognise objects properly & dizziness while on treatment with HCQS 200 tablet. Hence, avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with HCQS 200 tablets?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking HCQS 200 tablet as it may worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience visual disturbances or have an existing eye disorder. Before beginning treatment with this medicine, you should undergo an eye examination.
- You experience a sudden drop in blood sugar and unconsciousness, monitoring of blood glucose is recommended if you are a diabetic.
- HCQS 200 tablets may cause abnormal or irregular heartbeats. Your doctor shall conduct an ECG before starting treatment with this medicine, inform your doctor if you already have heart disease.
- You have liver or kidney diseases, you may require dose adjustment.
- You have stomach disease.
- You develop swelling in the legs, breathlessness, fatigue, bloating and coughing while lying down.
- You develop skin rashes after taking HCQS-200 tablets.
- You have a history of an autoimmune disorder of skin called porphyria.
- You are supposed to take this medicine for long-term treatment. You should be monitored regularly for heart health & blood count.
- You or your family have a history of an enzyme deficiency (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency).
- Keep HCQS 200 tablets away from children as even if a small amount is accidentally taken, it may cause serious side effects.
Mode of Action of Hcqs 200 MG
How Does It Work?
HCQS 200 tablet has anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory action. It inhibits the action of chemicals such as prostaglandin, interleukins and other immune system modifying cells and enzymes. Therefore, relieves pain and swelling in autoimmune diseases....
Directions for Use of Hcqs 200 MG
- HCQS 200 tablets should be taken as instructed by your doctor. Consume it whole with a glass of water after a meal.
- This medicine should be preferably consumed at the same time every day for effective treatment.
Interactions of Hcqs 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of medicines like digoxin for heart disorders with HCQS 200 tablets can increase the risk of digoxin toxicity.
- You may experience low blood sugar when taken along with insulin or other antidiabetic medicine. Inform your doctor about all your diabetic medicines.
- Antacids and medicines used to stop diarrhoea should be taken with a minimum gap of four hours when used together with HCQS 200 tablet.
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you take medicines like amiodarone, moxifloxacin & halofantrine.
- There is an increased risk of an episode of fits if you take this medicine along with antimalarials like mefloquine.
- Medicines used to treat muscle weakness like neostigmine & pyridostigmine, medicines to treat worm infections like praziquantel, certain antibiotics such as gentamicin and acid reducing medicine such as cimetidine and may not work properly....
- Medicines like cyclosporin used or immune system disorders, agalsidase used in enzyme replacement therapy and medicines used to treat fits should be used with caution along with HCQS 200 tablet.
Storage and disposal of Hcqs 200 MG
- Store HCQS 200 tablets below 25°C in a clean and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Hcqs 200 MG
Symptoms of overdose are headache, eyesight problems, low blood pressure, fits, irregular heartbeats, difficulty in breathing. If you experience any of these symptoms or if you think you have taken too much of HCQS 200 tablets, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
You should never miss your dose, as it may interfere with the effect of this medicine. If you missed any dose of HCQS 200 tablets, then take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take HCQS 200 tablets on my own?
A: No, HCQS 200 tablets are to be taken if prescribed by your doctor. Taking this medicine through self-medication can lead to harm. Before giving this medicine, your doctor shall perform an ECG to check if you have any heart ailment. Your doctor will also look at your other existing disorders, medicines and adjust the dose accordingly.
Q: Are there any serious side effects of the HCQS 200 tablet?
A: Yes, there are some serious side effects of HCQS 200 tablets. It can cause a very severe drop in blood sugar, which can be dangerous. It can cause heart-related side effects, which can be serious. It can cause skin peeling, blistering known as Stevens-Johnson syndrome. It can cause anaemia, low platelet count and liver enzymes being raised.
Q: What is HCQS 200 used for?
A: HCQS 200 tablet contains Hydroxychloroquine as its active ingredient. It is used to treat Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), an immune system disorder in which the immune system attacks its own body tissues. It is also used to treat Rheumatoid arthritis.
Q: Is HCQS 200 tablet habit-forming?
A: No, HCQS 200 tablet has not shown any habit-forming tendencies.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking HCQS 200 mg table?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have skin, stomach, liver, or kidney disease and medical conditions.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or planning to have a baby.
- HCQS 200 tablet may interact with other medicines. Hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medications, including supplements or herbal products. Also, tell your doctor if you are stopping any medicine....
Q: Is HCQS 200 tablet a steroid?
A: No HCQS 200 is not a steroid. It has anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory properties.
Q: What is the composition of HCQS 200?
A: The composition of HCQS 200 consists of hydroxychloroquine as its active ingredient.
Q: What are the side effects of HCQS 200?
A: Stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, loss of appetite are a few side effects of the HCQS 200. However, these symptoms are usually mild and resolve on your own. Also, it is not important that everyone experience the same.
Q: Can I take HCQS 200 for rheumatoid arthritis?
A: Yes, HCQS 200 is effective in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. However, it should be taken only if prescribed by the doctor.
- Hydroxychloroquine sulfate 200mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 June 2021]
- Plaquenil - Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate Tablets, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 8 June 2021]
- CDSCO - Hydroxychloroquine [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 8 June 2021]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.