Hcqs 200mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Hcqs 200 MG Description
HCQS 200 tablet is used to treat immune system disorders such as systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and rheumatoid arthritis. It contains hydroxychloroquine as its active ingredient.
HCQS 200 tablet should be taken as per the directions given by the doctor and for the exact duration as prescribed. It should be taken after a meal or with a glass of milk. Do not stop taking HCQS 200 tablet abruptly.
Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history. Other medications that contain hydroxychloroquine as an active ingredient include ZY Q 200 tablet, Hydire 200 tablet, OXCQ 200 tablet, Cartiquin 200 tablet and Qdmrd 200 tablet.
|You Save||₹16.00 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Systemic lupus erythematosus, Rheumatoid arthritis, Polymorphic skin eruptions|
|Side effects||Stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, loss of appetite, headache|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS|
- Hydire 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 71.12₹ 50.5016.53% CHEAPER₹ 5.05/Tablet
- Zy Q 200mg Bottle Of 30 TabletsBy Zydus Healthcare Limited30 Tablet(s) in BottleMRP 209.58₹ 178.141.82% CHEAPER₹ 5.94/Tablet
Uses of Hcqs 200 MG
- HCQS 200 tablet is used in the treatment of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), an immune system disorder in which the immune system attacks its own body tissues.
- It is also used for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and a skin rash due to exposure to sunlight (polymorphic light eruption)
Contraindications of Hcqs 200 MG
- If you are allergic to hydroxychloroquine or any of the other ingredients of HCQS 200 tablet.
- If you are allergic to chloroquine (an anti-malarial medicine)
- If you are suffering from an eye disease called maculopathy, usually characterised by visual abnormalities.
Side effects of Hcqs 200 MG
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Hcqs 200 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience visual disturbances or have an existing eye disorder. Before beginning treatment with this medicine, you should undergo an eye examination.
- You experience a sudden drop in blood sugar and unconsciousness, monitoring of blood glucose is recommended if you are a diabetic.
- HCQS 200 tablets may cause abnormal or irregular heartbeats. Your doctor shall conduct an ECG before starting treatment with this medicine, inform your doctor if you already have heart disease.
- You have liver or kidney diseases, you may require dose adjustment.
- You have stomach disease.
- You develop swelling in the legs, breathlessness, fatigue, bloating and coughing while lying down.
- You develop skin rashes after taking HCQS-200 tablets.
- You have a history of an autoimmune disorder of the skin called porphyria.
- You are supposed to take this medicine for long-term treatment. You should be monitored regularly for heart health & blood count.
- You or your family have a history of an enzyme deficiency (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency).
- Keep HCQS 200 tablets away from children as even if a small amount is accidentally taken, it may cause serious side effects.
Directions for Use of Hcqs 200 MG
- HCQS 200 tablets should be taken as instructed by your doctor. Consume it whole with a glass of water after a meal.
- This medicine should be preferably consumed at the same time every day for effective treatment.
Storage and disposal of Hcqs 200 MG
- Store HCQS 200 tablets below 25°C in a clean and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Quick Tips of Hcqs 200 MG
- HCQS 200 tablet is used in the treatment of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), an immune system disorder in which the immune system attacks its own body tissues. It contains hydroxychloroquine as its active ingredient. ...
- It should not be used for treating any other condition unless specified by the doctor.
- Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended. Do not take more than the prescribed dose. Consume it whole with a glass of water after a meal.
- HCQS 200 tablet should not be used by a pregnant woman because it may affect the development of the baby.
- Inform your doctor if you are planning on becoming pregnant, and breastfeeding women should not take it. Also, inform your doctor about all other medicines that you take and your complete medical history....
- Loss of appetite, headache, stomach pain, diarrhoea, and nausea/vomiting may occur in some individuals with the use of this medicine. Inform your doctor if these effects bother you or do not go away.
- If you experience dizziness or sleepiness after taking HCQS 200 tablet, it is recommended to avoid driving, operating heavy machinery, or performing any such tasks that require mental alertness.
Dosage of Hcqs 200 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Hcqs 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Hcqs 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of medicines like digoxin for heart disorders with HCQS 200 tablets can increase the risk of digoxin toxicity.
- You may experience low blood sugar when taken along with insulin or other antidiabetic medicine. Inform your doctor about all your diabetic medicines.
- Antacids and medicines used to stop diarrhoea should be taken with a minimum gap of four hours when used together with HCQS 200 tablet.
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you take medicines like amiodarone, moxifloxacin & halofantrine.
- There is an increased risk of an episode of fits if you take this medicine along with antimalarials like mefloquine.
- Medicines used to treat muscle weakness like neostigmine & pyridostigmine, medicines to treat worm infections like praziquantel, certain antibiotics such as gentamicin and acid-reducing medicine such as cimetidine and may not work properly....
- Medicines like cyclosporin used for immune system disorders, agalsidase used in enzyme replacement therapy and medicines used to treat fits should be used with caution along with HCQS 200 tablet.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take HCQS 200 tablets on my own?
Q: Are there any serious side effects of the HCQS 200 tablet?
Q: What is HCQS 200 used for?
Q: Is HCQS 200 tablet habit-forming?
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking HCQS 200 mg table?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have skin, stomach, liver, or kidney disease and medical conditions.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or planning to have a baby.
- HCQS 200 tablet may interact with other medicines. Hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medications, including supplements or herbal products. Also, tell your doctor if you are stopping any medicine....
Q: Is HCQS 200 tablet a steroid?
Q: What is the composition of HCQS 200?
Q: What are the side effects of HCQS 200?
Q: Can I take HCQS 200 for rheumatoid arthritis?
Q: How to take HCQS 200?
- HCQS 200 tablet should be taken exactly as instructed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- This medicine should be preferably taken at the same time every day for optimal results.
- Do not take more than the dose prescribed by your doctor.
Q: How does HCQS 200 work?
Q: When to take HCQS 200?
Q: Can HCQS 200 be used in pregnancy?
Q: Can HCQS 200 be taken with alcohol?
- Hydroxychloroquine sulfate 200mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 June 2021]
- Plaquenil - Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate Tablets, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 8 June 2021]
- CDSCO - Hydroxychloroquine [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 8 June 2021]