By MANEESH PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
1 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Goworm 400 MG Description
Goworm Tab contains Albendazole which is used against worm infection.
|₹2.67 (14% on MRP)
Check more medicines with composition as Albendazole(400.0 Mg)
6 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Goworm Tab
- Zybend 400mg Strip Of 1 TabletBy Zydus Healthcare Limited1 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 9.52₹ 8.1049.97% CHEAPER₹ 8.1/Tablet
- Bendex 400mg Strip Of 1 TabletBy Cipla Gx1 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 7.88₹ 6.7058.62% CHEAPER₹ 6.7/Tablet
- Abd 400mg Strip Of 1 TabletBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd Gx1 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 7.88₹ 5.5265.9% CHEAPER₹ 5.52/Tablet
- Zeebee 400mg Strip Of 1 TabletBy Ranbaxy Laboratories (sun Pharma)1 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 9.09₹ 6.3760.65% CHEAPER₹ 6.37/Tablet
- Noworm 400mg Strip Of 1 TabletBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 9.09₹ 7.8252.19% CHEAPER₹ 7.82/Tablet
- Zentel 400mg Strip Of 1 TabletsBy Glaxosmithkline1 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 9.09₹ 7.8252.19% CHEAPER₹ 7.82/Tablet
Uses of Goworm 400 MG
Contraindications of Goworm 400 MG
- If you are allergic to Benzimidazole class of medicines like Mebendazole or any other components of the medicine
Side effects of Goworm 400 MG
- Feeling dizzy
- Stomach pain
- Increased liver enzymes
- Patchy hair loss
Precautions and Warnings of Goworm 400 MG
Can I take Goworm Tab during pregnancy?
Albendazole must not be used during pregnancy; it has the potential to harm the unborn baby.
Can I take Goworm Tab while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if Albendazole passes into breast milk. Caution is advised when Albendazole is used while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Goworm Tab?
You may feel dizzy after a dose of this medicine. Caution is needed while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Goworm Tab?
Drinking alcohol, along with this medicine, may increase the risk of liver problems. It is advised to limit the consumption of alcohol during the treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you are a young woman; it is essential to have a negative pregnancy test before starting this medication
- You have liver disease
- You are suffering from fits or seizures
- You experience bone marrow suppression or decrease in blood cell count
- You have a headache or fits immediately after starting the treatment
- You may experience damage on the retina
Mode of Action of Goworm 400 MG
How Does It Work?
Albendazole disrupts the metabolism of parasitic worms and thus kills them by depriving them of glucose and energy.
Directions for Use of Goworm 400 MG
Goworm Tab can be swallowed with a glass of water. Please take it as directed by your doctor.
Interactions of Goworm 400 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to reduce stomach acidity (antacids) like Cimetidine
- Medicines used to treat fits or seizure (anti-seizure) like Carbamazepine, Phenytoin, Phenobarbital
- Medicines used to treat worm infections (Praziquantel)
- Medicines used to suppress immune response (Dexamethasone)
- Medicines used to treat HIV/ AIDS (Ritonavir)
Interactions with food items
- Goworm Tab should be taken with food
- Grapefruit or grapefruit juice should be avoided as it may worsen the side effects of Albendazole
Storage and disposal of Goworm 400 MG
- It should be kept in a dry place at a temperature below 30°C
- Please protect it from light
- Keep it out of reach of children
Dosage of Goworm 400 MG
- Symptoms of overdose include diarrhea, vomiting, rapid heartbeat
- If you think you had an overdose of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What else should I know before taking Goworm Tab?
- Albendazole should not be used in pregnancy or if you are planning a pregnancy
- Women of childbearing age are advised to take this medicine during their first week of menstruation or after a negative pregnancy test
- Women should also take measures not to have a positive pregnancy test until one month after stopping this medication
Q: I suspect worm infections in my kid; can I start him on Goworm Tab?
A: Albendazole should be used only under medical supervision. It can cause some severe side effects and you are advised not to self-medicate.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
Low Red Cell Distribution Width in Blood: Interpreting Your Blood Test Results
Key Highlights: Introduction Understanding blood test results is essential for getting the right care and maintaining good health. Red cell distribution width (RDW) is an important aspect that can provide clues about your overall well-being. In this article, you will learn about what RDW is, why it is measured, how to interpret your RDW results,
WBC Differential Count: Decoding Its Clinical Significance With Research Insights
Key Highlights: Introduction Our body requires a healthy immune system. Key to this system are the white blood cells (WBCs). They protect us from infections and foreign substances. We may be able to assess how they work by looking at WBC differential counts. Medical professionals use them to see how the immune system responds in
MPV Blood Test: Understanding Its Importance and Results
Key Highlights: Introduction Platelets are the cells in your blood that help in clotting and repairing wounds. Well, it is necessary to check their health. That’s where the Mean Platelet Volume (MPV) blood test comes into picture. In this article, we’ll explore the world of MPV blood tests. We’ll learn what MPV is, how to
PDW Blood Test: Understanding Its Purpose and Results
Key Highlights: Introduction The PDW blood test is a medical test that checks for size differences in blood platelets. The main function of platelets includes clotting and ensuring smooth blood flow in the body. In this article, we will cover the basics of a PDW blood test. We’ll discuss about why it’s done, how
MCH Blood Test: Interpreting the Results and Understanding Its Importance
Key Highlights: Introduction The MCH blood test is a crucial diagnostic tool that may aid in understanding and maintaining good health. In this article, we will delve into the importance of the MCH blood test and shed light on what it reveals about an individual’s overall well-being. We will discuss essential aspects such as understanding
Reticulocyte Count: A Comprehensive Guide and Its Significance in Medical Diagnosis
Key Highlights: Introduction Reticulocytes are immature red blood cells. Assessing their number in the blood may help us detect problems tied to the production of red blood cells and how our bone marrow functions. In this article, we will delve into how the test is performed and how the results are interpreted. Lastly, we will
Red Blood Cells: Exploring Their Function and Importance in Health
Key Highlights: Introduction Red blood cells (RBCs) are special cells that carry oxygen. They go from the lungs to all parts of our body. RBCs owe their oxygen-carrying capacity to haemoglobin, an iron-rich protein. This protein grabs oxygen and takes it around the body via the bloodstream. But they don’t just carry oxygen. They also
RDW Blood Test: Interpreting Results and Understanding its Importance
Key Highlights: Introduction Red blood cell distribution width (RDW) is an important factor when it comes to understanding the health of your blood cells. An indicator of the variations in the size and volume of red blood cells, RDW plays a crucial role in diagnosing and differentiating various health conditions, including anaemia. In this article,
Normal Platelet Count: Understanding the Research-Based Range
Key Highlights: Introduction A healthy platelet count is a vital aspect of our overall health, as it helps our blood clot appropriately in response to injury. Understanding the normal range of platelets is essential in detecting any imbalances or deviations from the norm that could lead to complications. In this article we will delve into
MCV Blood Test: Decoding its Significance in Your Health Report
Key Highlights: Introduction Managing your overall health requires an understanding of your blood test results. The MCV blood test is a key part of this. In this article, we will delve into the value of MCV blood test. We will take you through its role in making sense of your health report. We will also
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.